Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd

+8
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Sluffy
trotter57
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 14:46

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Automatic promotion is a laughable dream, always has been.

The current squad is nowhere near good enough. What's to blame? Difficult to put it down to one thing, but a very poor last couple of transfer windows is probably the main reason, how many of the Summer signings are in our best 11? Not many. The way we play doesn't help either, too slow, too many sideways and backwards passes, and just the same thing for 90 minutes every single week. There's no plan B, no change of formation (unless it's forced on us), and no desire from the manager to change.

Yesterday was terrible. Peterboro were miles better even before Jones foolishly got himself sent off. They had pace and a real desire about them. Only some wayward finishing and the post stopped a heavy defeat.

It's just boring watching this Bolton team, it feels like Bolton under Parky, going nowhere with the same tactics week in, week out. Personally I'd sack the manager now because I can see what's coming down the road, unfortunately I suspect Shazza is going to keep faith until Christmas at the earliest so 3 more months of this rubbish at least.

We won't go down and we won't go up. Sad that I feel that way just 6 weeks into the season.
I totally agree with Nat and couldn't put it any better myself.

22Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 15:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’re going to get absolutely dicked by Port Vale and then Evatt will have some serious questions to answer.

23Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 19:41

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We’re going to get absolutely dicked by Port Vale and then Evatt will have some serious questions to answer.

Followed by Stevenage... two big tests of where we REALLY are instead of being touted as bookies favorites for automatic promotion. Nothing less than 6 points will do after this recent run because these two aren't even in the top 6 best sides in this league.

24Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 20:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really hope you are both wrong guys.

25Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 20:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals and that tackle!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 20:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't think it was red at the time. I was wrong.

27Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 21:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Didn't think it was red at the time. I was wrong.

Saw it yesterday morning on the highlights show and it was a blink and you would miss it.

Mate said he didn’t think it was a red.

I have to see it again. Very Happy

28Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 21:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:

Saw it yesterday morning on the highlights show and it was a blink and you would miss it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

29Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 21:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Sluffy. Looks like our player got to the ball first unless I need to go to spec savers? Very Happy

30Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 21:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I was wrong.

Said Bonce for the 50th time this week.

31Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 21:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I was wrong.

Very Happy

32Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Nat is a bit of a babe.

Make it 51.

33Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 22:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Nat is a bit of a babe.

Make it 51.

Bitter.

34Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 22:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bitter.

35Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 22:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Thanks Sluffy. Looks like our player got to the ball first unless I need to go to spec savers? Very Happy

That's no longer the rule as far as I understand things.

It seems to be considered a foul (and a red card in this case) when your follow through makes contact with the opponent and also if your studs are showing and if your 'lunge' is in mid air rather than at grass level.

These days Jones tackle was clearly deemed to be a red card.

36Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 22:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

You need to up your game, Breadman seems to be doing all the hard work.

37Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Mon Sep 25 2023, 22:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You need to up your game, Breadman seems to be doing all the hard work.
You wouldn't say that if YOU'D taken a short cut through a stud farm.

38Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 09:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You wouldn't say that if YOU'D taken a short cut through a stud farm.

Very Happy

Thanks, my last thought before going to sleep was you being raped by a horse.

I didn't sleep much due to the nightmarish visions.

39Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 09:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Very Happy

Thanks, my last thought before going to sleep was you being raped by a horse.

I didn't sleep much due to the nightmarish visions.
Some threads take a strange turn, don't they. Very Happy

40Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 10:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saturday perfectly demonstrated the fragility of a 3-5-2 system if the players are not top quality, and our aren't. Ferguson picked RJJ over Randall so they had pace down both flanks and were able to pop the ball into the space behind our WBs exposing the back 3. Jones dropped RJJ because he knew he was on toast for pace. Fortunately their wingers had pace but couldn't cross or shoot for toffee.
Credit to Evatt for going narrow 4-4-1 when we went down to 10 and for realising it was no longer a Dion type game - both JDB and Dan did an excellent job of providing an outball and holding it up a bit - allowed us to scrape a point against a more athletic team.
Would have been a good game for Maghoma and CMD but injuries to such a small squad exposed our weakness. Thin squad only to be expected if we're consciously trying to manage without so many loan players (5 last season) and build our own.
In for a lean period until the injuries and suspensions return.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum