Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd

+8
Cajunboy
terenceanne
Sluffy
trotter57
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 10:22

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree about being exposed down the flanks Lusty, just as Wigan did Posh realised that was where we were weak. As you say, unless you have class players in those positions who can get up and back quickly, as Bradley could and Cogs can to an extent but Williams can’t, it’s invariably down our left side that we’re exposed most. Surely Evatt can see this and the difference it made when we reverted to proper full backs when down to ten. Personally I’d prefer proper full backs and wingers or wide midfield players to wing backs because clubs have got wise to us now and exposing it more. Hopefully Evatt accepts that and changes things but I wouldn’t count on it.

42Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 13:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I agree about being exposed down the flanks Lusty, just as Wigan did Posh realised that was where we were weak. As you say, unless you have class players in those positions who can get up and back quickly, as Bradley could and Cogs can to an extent but Williams can’t, it’s invariably down our left side that we’re exposed most. Surely Evatt can see this and the difference it made when we reverted to proper full backs when down to ten. Personally I’d prefer proper full backs and wingers or wide midfield players to wing backs because clubs have got wise to us now and exposing it more. Hopefully Evatt accepts that and changes things but I wouldn’t count on it.
There are compromises with any system but it should be set up to the team's strengths. In our case, with Toal, Santos and ideally Johnston at the back we have enough quality cover to push wing backs on but I'm afraid Geth is just not up to it against pacy wingers these days.
I guess it's a matter of looking at what the opposition have to offer and picking a team and system accordingly, but I think in this case, Ferguson was smart in his selection.
Evatt talks about versatility in the squad but unfortunately the players I'd have brought in for this particular challenge were also injured so he was a bit hamstrung. Perhaps he might have brought Matheson off the bench and dropped Cogley behind him to counter the imbalance? - but I guess we all see it differently.
At least we found out what Dan might be useful for and JDB was excellent in his cameo - I can see why they're used as subs when we're winning - or as in this case under the cosh.

43Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 13:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is wanderlust/WS63 talking to himself?

44Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 13:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why is wanderlust/WS63 talking to himself?

It's been commented many times on ww too!

:biggrin:

45Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 18:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love a bit of irony. We have an administrator from Slough who can see from the ISP addresses that WS63 and I live in different parts of the country (think WS63 lives Lincolnshire way) yet chooses to perpetuate the myth and another wum who aforementioned administrator once told me is a bloke called Neil masquerading as a woman....Smile

46Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 20:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I love a bit of irony. We have an administrator from Slough who can see from the ISP addresses that WS63 and I live in different parts of the country (think WS63 lives Lincolnshire way) yet chooses to perpetuate the myth and another wum who aforementioned administrator once told me is a bloke called Neil masquerading as a woman....Smile

Eh???

For a start I don't believe for a second that you are one and the same person as W63, who has repeatedly told us he lives in Barnsley - not Lincolnshire way???

Secondly I didn't even post you were the same person, I just pointed out that there's a few on ww who have.

I've not the foggiest what the hell you are talking about in respect of 'Neil' and being in drag or whatever you meant?

The only Neil I know was the founder of ww and died in 2021, so I doubt very much he's come back from the dead to type on ww that you and 63 are the same person.

And if you meant Natasha, his name isn't Neil and I don't think it will come much as a shock to us all (apart from you obviously) that she wasn't being serious when claiming you and W63 are one and the same person.

ip addresses mean absolutely nothing these days as most people use VPN's, we even seem to have a regular poster who apparently lives in Finland according to his ip address, for instance!

Finally, do you happen to be on medication at the moment because based on the post you have just made it looks as though you've clearly forgotten to take it!

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Sep 27 2023, 01:10; edited 1 time in total

47Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 20:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m getting the word………..OBSESSED! Very Happy

48Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 20:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:I’m getting the word………..OBSESSED! Very Happy

Trust you are referring to Wanderlust who clearly once again simply came on here to have a pop at me.

He's even ranting over something I've never even said ffs!

49Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 21:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:I’m getting the word………..OBSESSED! Very Happy

Trust you are referring to Wanderlust who clearly once again simply came on here to have a pop at me.

He's even ranting over something I've never even said ffs!

I don’t feel any of it is aimed at you Sluffy.

All I see is some bloke commenting and you jumping in stating that it is at you. Very Happy

50Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 21:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, I’m wondering, is this the reason you got banned on previous forums?

51Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:

I don’t feel any of it is aimed at you Sluffy.

All I see is some bloke commenting and you jumping in stating that it is at you. Very Happy

Eh???

You don't feel any of this is aimed at me???

Who the fuck do you think you think he's talking about then???

wanderlust wrote:I love a bit of irony. We have an administrator from Slough who can see from the ISP addresses that WS63 and I live in different parts of the country (think WS63 lives Lincolnshire way) yet chooses to perpetuate the myth

Sluffy wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Why is wanderlust/WS63 talking to himself?

It's been commented many times on ww too!

:biggrin:

...and another wum who aforementioned administrator once told me is a bloke called Neil masquerading as a woman....Smile

52Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 21:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of our posters can certainly put it about. I've got my work cut out masquerading as a pantomime horse, let alone a woman. I'll give it a go though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

53Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Tue Sep 26 2023, 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Sluffy, I’m wondering, is this the reason you got banned on previous forums?

I got banned from TW because I told them after they gave me a mod position that I would mod everybody equally which included their mates who acted as though the site rules didn't apply to them!

I got banned from Burnden Aces after the site owner decided to sack me as a mod, completely out of the blue!  I received separate offers from Natasha, Reebok Trotter, and Biggie to create with them a new forum because they all considered I'd been hard done by.

I suggested that we should all work together and that was how Nuts came about.

Nearly everybody jumped ship from BA to Nuts which led quite quickly to the death of BA's forum.

And finally in respect of ww I stood up for a bloke in his seventies who was being abused and threatened with violence in real life.  I said that such threats and abuse to anyone let alone someone getting close to 80 year old were completely unacceptable.

They banned me instead!

I've nothing to be ashamed of, in fact I'm proud of stating that I would treat everyone equally and sticking up for those who are old and weak from threats of violence against them!

Christ if you can't stand up for your values because you are afraid that you might get banned from an internet footy forum then what sort of a person are you and what does it say about those who banned me for doing so?

And in respect of Burnden Aces, what does it say about me when the vast majority of posters thought I'd been so badly treated that they walked off that site in support of me, leading that forum completely collapsing!

I might be many things but I am honest, fair and treat everybody equally and always have done.

54Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Wed Sep 27 2023, 00:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Some of our posters can certainly put it about. I've got my work cut out masquerading as a pantomime horse, let alone a woman. I'll give it a go though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You're doing a fantastic job TBF - although the logistics of that are slightly concerning....Smile

55Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Wed Sep 27 2023, 07:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
You're doing a fantastic job TBF - although the logistics of that are slightly concerning....Smile
Never mind that. I've just googled 'sexy pantomime horse'.
I just hope the cops never have to investigate my search history. The Bruce Forsyth stuff alone would get me five to ten.

56Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Peterborough Utd Wed Sep 27 2023, 14:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum