Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-3 Carlisle

+9
Cajunboy
Sluffy
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sat Oct 07 2023, 18:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:An absolute shit show. Wtf did they do to give two penalties away?
Shit show is right. Only Baxter comes out of this with any credit.
Nlundulu looked like he was playing with a square ball. The rest of them were little better.
Mid table at best on this showing.

Jesus. If Evatt wasn’t wanking so much we might have had a better chance.

Probably a good thing I couldn’t do the commentary today. Very Happy

22Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sat Oct 07 2023, 18:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Not the only stiffie he has to handle on this showing.

23Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sat Oct 07 2023, 19:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Not the only stiffie he has to handle on this showing.

Very Happy

24Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sat Oct 07 2023, 19:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Genuinely had enough of this shit, slow passing around the defence. Why do they walk out with the ball, killing any momentum? Why can’t Management see this? Why are we persisting with Nlundulu and Victor who will never be good enough. Charles had a poor game, we usually lose when that happens.

God awful we look. Portsmouth and Oxford were nowhere near top 6 last year and look at them.

25Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sat Oct 07 2023, 20:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dreadful. Just dreadful.

The best team won and should have won by more. With the exception of the keeper, the players were a disgrace to the white shirt. Just a few weeks ago Evans questioned the fight in the team, and once again this afternoon we saw the same players going through the same motions. We are Bolton Wanderers. We shouldn't be accepting this shite from the players. If you're not prepared to give 100% then fuck right off.

Time for the manager to go. He has one way of playing and everyone knows it. He's out-managed almost every game. His signings have been spectacularly poor. If Shazza truly wants promotion then it's time to act now, and not at Christmas when it's too late.

26Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sat Oct 07 2023, 20:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’re only near the top because have Dion and the quality of this league is absolutely abysmal. 

We play like crap most weeks. 

Knocking it side to side at the back isn’t good football. We’re not and never will be Brighton.

27Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 01:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been coming for a while. Standard of control and passing has been getting worse and we've been giving it away too much, the speed in moving it forward has slowed to the point that we're getting down the sides then passing it backwards and we're generally farting around in the final third with no end product.
Carlisle fully deserved their win - albeit against a team that was riven with poor performances, devoid of ideas and making poor decision after poor decision.

We're stuck with this squad for the time being - fortunately there's an international break in which to rethink and reset.

28Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 01:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We re-thought and reset in the very recent international break, nothing changed. I really do wonder what’s going on during training, why are these idiots not improving?

29Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 01:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We re-thought and reset in the very recent international break, nothing changed. I really do wonder what’s going on during training, why are these idiots not improving?
Might need some new staff.

30Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 01:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Disgusted at the moment - so many things wrong it's hard to know where to start. The idea of using all wing backs all the time is junk if the wing backs can't beat a man and cross the ball in a timely manner. We get behind the defense but then being unable or unwilling to cross it we turn around and pass backwards. Once incident today where Williams received a long ball into the box and nicely controlled it.......then turned around and eventually the ball went back to the Baxter....No shot, no cross, no end product of any sort.  As others have said......walking out of defense, sometimes standing still with foot on ball..........I'd rather see a hoof up the park than that. I like Ian overall, but he seems to be a bit pig-headed on some of this.

31Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 01:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Disgusted at the moment - so many things wrong it's hard to know where to start. The idea of using all wing backs all the time is junk if the wing backs can't beat a man and cross the ball in a timely manner. We get behind the defense but then being unable or unwilling to cross it we turn around and pass backwards. Once incident today where Williams received a long ball into the box and nicely controlled it.......then turned around and eventually the ball went back to the Baxter....No shot, no cross, no end product of any sort.  As others have said......walking out of defense, sometimes standing still with foot on ball..........I'd rather see a hoof up the park than that. I like Ian overall, but he seems to be a bit pig-headed on some of this.
Pivoting on the ball, then looking backwards is becoming a habit. Too often our midfielders get the ball and bring play to a grinding halt as they look to play it to the side or back. It's dispiriting.
I don't mind a short corner, but it shouldn't end up with your keeper.

32Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 08:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let’s be honest the fashion is to just try and play like city and Brighton. 

What happened to getting the ball wide with exciting wingers and lots of shots on goal.

33Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 11:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our shite form has coincided with “all for you Amy” and the gambling news resurfacing. Evatt really needs to keep his head down now (no pun intended) and focus on football.

34Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After seeing the highlights, I feel that the referee is a plonker for giving both pens. I just didn't see anything wrong? Shocked

35Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:After seeing the highlights, I feel that the referee is a plonker for giving both pens. I just didn't see anything wrong? Shocked

More importantly, have you been allowed back into chez KP?

36Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:After seeing the highlights, I feel that the referee is a plonker for giving both pens. I just didn't see anything wrong? Shocked

More importantly, have you been allowed back into chez KP?

Yep! back home now Very Happy

37Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Yep! back home now Very Happy

I hope you've learned your lesson, no more chatting up the single Mums. Or Dads.

38Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Sun Oct 08 2023, 22:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Yep! back home now Very Happy

I hope you've learned your lesson, no more chatting up the single Mums. Or Dads.

People who know me do say I’m a bit of a chatter box Laughing

39Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Mon Oct 09 2023, 08:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocking performance, we always seem to struggle when the away end is full or we have a community game day. We are far too slow playing out from the back and look lost when we finally get to the half way line. Far too often Sheehan was picking up the ball from just outside our box as well.

My main issue is why do we never shoot? How many times did we get to the edge of the box only to try one more pass which didn't come off? Evatt has no plan B which is also very annoying.

40Bolton 1-3 Carlisle  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Carlisle Mon Oct 09 2023, 11:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:It's been coming for a while. Standard of control and passing has been getting worse and we've been giving it away too much, the speed in moving it forward has slowed to the point that we're getting down the sides then passing it backwards and we're generally farting around in the final third with no end product.
Carlisle fully deserved their win - albeit against a team that was riven with poor performances, devoid of ideas and making poor decision after poor decision.

We're stuck with this squad for the time being - fortunately there's an international break in which to rethink and reset.
Seems like I wasn’t pessimistic enough Lusty? That really was dreadful but to be honest it’s been coming. Originally it was just Rico who stopped and stood with his foot on the ball but now they’re all doing it and it’s really annoying me. I just can’t see any real purpose in doing it and it just encourages the opposition on top of you forcing panic and mistakes. If the coaches either don’t see this or are encouraging it then they need to go. I fear though that this is only the start of a poor run. 

Ever since we got mullered by Wigan we’ve been poor. The only time since that we’ve looked decent was first half against Vale but I’d put that down to Vale just sitting back and allowing us the ball. Second half they changed that and we were oh so lucky to come away with a point. I know some are saying Evatt should go and I must admit to moving that way despite previously being fully behind him. If 19,000 fans can see the problems and a system that’s actually going backwards yet the manager and coaches can’t maybe change is needed. 

The fact is that all opposition coaches now know exactly how Evatt’s going to play and that even substitutions will be like for like. Evatt has one theory and either can’t or won’t depart from it. I don’t think we’ve ever had a manager so inflexible in all my many years of watching. He’s still a novice manager that has to be accepted but he doesn’t seem to be learning which is a worry. I’m still behind him for now but my patience is seriously running out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum