Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Wanderers rank in the League One attendance table

+2
Norpig
karlypants
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

More than 23,000 fans were in attendance for Wanderers’ League One clash with Carlisle last weekend.

There have also been bumper crowds against the likes of Wigan and Derby over the past few months as Ian Evatt’s men aim to build on their fifth-place finish last season.

According to transfermarkt.com, the Whites have averaged 21,000 supporters for their home games in the league this season. But how does this figure compare to the rest of the division?

Derby lead the way with an average of more than 26,000 fans attending matches at Pride Park since the start of the campaign.

The Rams also ranked highly last term along with Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich, who were both promoted to the Championship.

Wanderers’ figure puts them second in the list. Portsmouth complete the top three, with nearly 18,000 supporters visiting Fratton Park on average.

Charlton, Reading, Barnsley, Blackpool and Wigan are the other clubs with an average figure higher than 10,000 – three of those were playing in the second tier last term.

At the other end of the list, Fleetwood have the lowest figure with an average of 3,307 fans attending games at the Highbury Stadium this season. Burton, Cheltenham, Stevenage and Wycombe are the other clubs below the 5,000 mark.

Here is a full list of average League One attendances so far this season, according to transfermarkt.com

Derby (26,787)
   Wanderers (21,000)
   Portsmouth (17,867)
   Charlton (13,106)
   Reading (12,629)
   Barnsley (12,223)
   Blackpool (10,881)
   Wigan (10,304)
   Oxford (8,728)
   Carlisle (8,522)
   Leyton Orient (8,313)
   Port Vale (7,954)
   Peterborough (7,906)
   Lincoln (7,822)
   Bristol Rovers (7,750)
   Exeter (6,949)
   Northampton (6,927)
   Cambridge (6,757)
   Shrewsbury (5,848)
   Wycombe (4,875)
   Stevenage (4,726)
   Cheltenham (4,179)
   Burton (3,385)
   Fleetwood (3,307)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There was a discussion on twitter a few days ago about perceptions that we always seem to underperform when the away end is full and i tend to agree. We always seem to play badly when it happens and also on the community game days when the part timers turn up for their one game a season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember at Burnden when a big crowd turned up, the likes of McGinlay, Thompson and Taggart would step up almost every time.

The current squad seems to go the other way.

That's down to the manager, he signed 'em.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A full stadium doesn’t equal atmosphere. 

Our stadium very rarely gets noisy. 

It does bring you down a bit when the club have chosen to name the stadium such a stupid name. 

A big company with prestige would have actually aided the atmosphere.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:A full stadium doesn’t equal atmosphere. 

It does bring you down a bit when the club have chosen to name the stadium such a stupid name. 

You mean like a global fashion company based in the UK?

French Connection perhaps?

Welcome to the FCUK Stadium...

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:A full stadium doesn’t equal atmosphere. 

Are you getting us mixed up with Coventry?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven’t been back to Cov for many many years but I can see that their stadium is now named after a building society. 

No wonder they lost in the playoffs. 

It might be subconscious but i used to feel really pumped up turning up to the reebok knowing we could attract world leading industry sponsors and likely engender jealousy from rival fans. 

I would never attend the “tough sheet” stadium.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I haven’t been back to Cov for many many years but I can see that their stadium is now named after a building society. 

No wonder they lost in the playoffs. 

It might be subconscious but i used to feel really pumped up turning up to the reebok knowing we could attract world leading industry sponsors and likely engender jealousy from rival fans. 

I would never attend the “tough sheet” stadium.
Sounds like a reinforced toilet roll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum