Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton

+4
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Norpig
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 09:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A must win game tomorrow night against third in place Oxford.

How do you all think we will do?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Nov 28 2023, 21:40; edited 2 times in total

2Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 09:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's the top 7:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 09:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A win would be fantastic but its important we don't get beat as well. I would be happy with a draw there to be honest.

4Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 20:10

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:A win would be fantastic but it’s important we don't get beat as well. I would be happy with a draw there to be honest.
Well I wouldn’t be happy with a draw Pig, Oxford are nothing special and will be missing a couple of important players so the way we’re playing now I’d fully expect us to win this one without too much trouble. I think we have to believe that we really are a very good side now without question.

5Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 20:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes I agree with 63. This game is a must win and anything less will feel like a 6 point loss!

6Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 21:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Yes I agree with 63. This game is a must win and anything less will feel like a 6 point loss!
The last time I went to watch the Whites at Oxford, Ron Atkinson was playing for them. Shocked

7Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 21:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Yes I agree with 63. This game is a must win and anything less will feel like a 6 point loss!
The last time I went to watch the Whites at Oxford, Ron Atkinson was playing for them. Shocked

Must be over 50 years ago.

He must be in his 80’s now. Very Happy

8Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Mon Nov 27 2023, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:

The last time I went I walked past this a few streets away...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Apparently it is still there!

Oxford house with shark sculpture on roof made heritage site despite owner’s objection

9Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 12:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A draw at their house would be acceptable IMO - of course three points would be better.
Feel like the 7-0 might make us over cocky.

10Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 12:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

The last time I went I walked past this a few streets away...

Apparently it is still there!

Oxford house with shark sculpture on roof made heritage site despite owner’s objection

Whoever approved that monstrosity wants the shark shoving up their arse! Shocked

11Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 13:47

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:A draw at their house would be acceptable IMO - of course three points would be better.
Feel like the 7-0 might make us over cocky.
You see I think the total opposite TA. I think the 7-0 on Saturday will breed confidence not complacency. I think for the first time in ages we’ve actually got a squad of players with a good blend of youth and experience and a manager who won’t tolerate any cockiness in the camp at all. These are exactly the games we need to win if we’re to take one of the two automatic places and I believe we will.

12Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 19:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 19:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

14Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 21:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Piss Flaps...

A bloody draw. Bolton do it every time. They just never make it easy for themselves do they! Mad

15Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2023, 21:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Better second half, but couldn't kill them. Take the point and move on.

16Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2023, 07:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How we didn't score second half is beyond me! So many chances and possession. I did say before i would be happy with a draw but we should have won that last night.

17Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2023, 11:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:
You see I think the total opposite TA. I think the 7-0 on Saturday will breed confidence not complacency. I think for the first time in ages we’ve actually got a squad of players with a good blend of youth and experience and a manager who won’t tolerate any cockiness in the camp at all. These are exactly the games we need to win if we’re to take one of the two automatic places and I believe we will.
As expected - totally flat and slow in the first half. Thats what cost us the three points. If only we played from the beginning as we did in the second half we would all be laughing this morning.
Still a draw is a good point considering.
COYWM

18Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2023, 14:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Braved the cold at Oxford's peculiar three-sided ground....but needed a goal to get the blood flowing after a very controlled first half. 

I think you underestimate Oxford, guys...they have some very talented, nippy players, especially out wide, and they made life difficult for us in the first half but we looked very solid.

It transformed us when Bod came on, though, and we were much more adventurous, peppering their goals with shots that uncannily (and frustratingly) found bodies and limbs blocking the way. The ball never bounced kindly for us.
Overall, the performance confirmed for me that we are in our rightful position in the table and can 
sustain our push for the automatics. I wouldn't be too downearted about a draw.

19Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Thu Nov 30 2023, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair result against a decent side who played some tidy stuff and created the better, albeit fewer chances.
Having survived a period where Baxter kept them out we might have nicked a goal but we just couldn’t create anything as clear cut as e.g. their 1 on 1 with the keeper.
Would have loved to have scored but that goes down as a hard earned draw for me.

20Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Empty Re: Oxford Utd 0-0 Bolton Thu Nov 30 2023, 14:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Fair result against a decent side who played some tidy stuff and created the better, albeit fewer chances.
Having survived a period where Baxter kept them out we might have nicked a goal but we just couldn’t create anything as clear cut as e.g. their 1 on 1 with the keeper.
Would have loved to have scored but that goes down as a hard earned draw for me.
The second “chance” was a fluke cross that Baxter had to deal with and the only other real chance they had was the one on one which Baxter dealt brilliantly with. On the other hand we had loads of opportunities which just didn’t come off and Iredale had at least 3 one on ones with their keeper yet took none of them whereas I’m sure with the same chances Randell would have bagged at least one. For me it was two points dropped but hey we’re still top so onward and hopefully upward at Pompey?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum