Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup 3rd Round: Luton Town 0-0 Bolton

+4
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
okocha
wanderlust
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If anyone is interested we are away to another Premier League team if we beat Luton in the replay -

Crystal Palace or Everton v Luton Town or Bolton Wanderers

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought this was a Bolton wanderers football fans forum Very Happy

I watched the game and enjoyed it, we have a very good account of ourselves and hopefully the replay will be a competitive game too. With the prospect of another Premier League team in the next round, could be a real money spinner for us.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I thought this was a Bolton wanderers football fans forum Very Happy

I watched the game and enjoyed it, we have a very good account of ourselves and hopefully the replay will be a competitive game too.  With the prospect of another Premier League team in the next round, could be a real money spinner for us.

I guarantee that next season, replays will be relegated to the realms of history.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:..that’s why I laugh at Wanderlust who claims he still plays football blah blah blah….

Oh dear.

Footie Xmas do…recognise me Norpig? I’m the one laughing at Sluffy 😎

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:..that’s why I laugh at Wanderlust who claims he still plays football blah blah blah….

Oh dear.

Footie Xmas do…recognise me Norpig? I’m the one laughing at Sluffy 😎

Hahaha!!!

If you are going to quote me then don't change what I've typed and put it into your words instead and at least quote me in full...

Sluffy wrote: I don't try to fit in with the present either - you just become a laughing stock of the youngsters if you do - that's why I laugh at Wanderlust pretence that he plays football and is better than youngsters 50 years younger than him - yeah right, dream on you looney - no doubt he tries to hang out with them and act like they do too...

I can't imagine why you had to edit out the bits I've highlighted.

:whistle:

Also I think you might find this article of interest -

Short man syndrome really is a thing, scientists say

Short man syndrome is a real thing and the hot tempers of small men may actually be evolutionarily hard-wired into them to make up for their lack of inches, scientists believe.

Polish researchers investigating the so-called Napoleon complex — where vertically challenged men are angrier and more confrontational than their lengthier peers — found the myth was grounded in truth.

Short men have often sought power, from the reportedly 5’ 2” Napoleon through to the UK’s current diminutive Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, who stands just 5’ 5” tall.

Scientists investigating short man syndrome surveyed 367 people and looked for evidence of psychopathy, narcissism and Machiavellianism which make up the Dark Triad personality traits and are associated with more confrontational behaviour.

Data revealed that shorter men are more likely to behave in an antagonistic manner towards others.

The researchers theorise that when a person is not physically formidable and does not have an intimidating presence then they have to impose themselves in other ways.

Lead author Monika Kozłowska, from the University of Wrocław in Poland, said: “When people cannot be physically formidable, they may become psychologically formidable instead.

“Appearing more powerful may in turn make other people perceive them as taller than they really are.”

The team looked at the impact of actual height and of how a person felt about their height and found that both played a role.

They believe shorter people are not only angry that they are short, but are evolutionarily wired to be angry to compensate for being disadvantaged by being small.

“Our study provides the first assessment (we know of) of how the Dark Triad traits relate to height and height attitudes,” the scientists write.

“We showed that not only are people high on the Dark Triad traits less satisfied with their height, but this may be because they are actually shorter.

“This leads us to believe that the behavioural syndromes of the Dark Triad traits may be part of a suite of psychological systems designed by natural selection to better enable those of shorter stature a way to still compete in life's great challenges.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus Christ.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Jesus Christ.  

Don't start on him as well, he was tall i thought?  Laughing

Can Sluffy and Lusty make a belated New Years resolution to pack all this winding each other up please?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Can Sluffy and Lusty make a belated New Years resolution to pack all this winding each other up please?

It's not his fault. Sluffy really can't help himself.

He doesn't get much attention in real life so has to do silly little things to get it on here. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

He doesn't get much attention in real life so has to do silly little things to get it on here. Very Happy
Pity Sluffy doesn't suffer from Short Post Syndrome.
Length has its place, if you'll pardon the phrase, but I'm not sure a thread about the FA Cup is the right place for a study of Short Man Syndrome. Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Length has its place, if you'll pardon the phrase, but I'm not sure a thread about the FA Cup is the right place for a study of Short Man Syndrome. Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think for once we’re all pretty much in agreement on this, we’ve all more than done our time and it’s natural as you get older for it to be more difficult to both get to games and enjoy them. Like others I’ve travelled far and wide to see Wanderers and like you Sluffy been called out at games by home fans who didn’t like me being there but also like you nothing adverse resulted. It’s not just to away games though I’ve lived and worked all over the country, Scotland, London, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire yet always made it back to see games and when he was still here, take my old dad. Making the trip across the Pennines is no picnic in winter, especially for night matches so I now pick my games and if I can stay safely at home and watch on TV instead I don’t feel any guilt for doing that. I’ve done my bit and it’s great to now see a new batch of young Wanderers fans picking up the mantle and supporting the club. I just hope they get somewhere near the levels we’ve all seen to make it worth their while and enjoy the great times we all have? 🥳😉

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Smile Witty, Bonce! (and apt!)

Considering the size of the town and with so many other clubs in the area, we are very well supported ....home and away, whatever the weather or distance.

Some fans of other teams seem to feel the Toughsheet is soulless, but when we travel to away games, we often out-shout the opposition. 
How many of us sit quietly and applaud politely....or do we rouse ourselves to bellow/chant throughout a game, creating an exciting atmosphere?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Smile Witty, Bonce! (and apt!)

Considering the size of the town and with so many other clubs in the area, we are very well supported ....home and away, whatever the weather or distance.

Some fans of other teams seem to feel the Toughsheet is soulless, but when we travel to away games, we often out-shout the opposition. 
How many of us sit quietly and applaud politely....or do we rouse ourselves to bellow/chant throughout a game, creating an exciting atmosphere?
They're asking the fans to choose the song the team come out to, to boost the atmosphere.

Just don't ask Norpig.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I think for once we’re all pretty much in agreement on this, we’ve all more than done our time and it’s natural as you get older for it to be more difficult to both get to games and enjoy them. Like others I’ve travelled far and wide to see Wanderers and like you Sluffy been called out at games by home fans who didn’t like me being there but also like you nothing adverse resulted. It’s not just to away games though I’ve lived and worked all over the country, Scotland, London, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire yet always made it back to see games and when he was still here, take my old dad. Making the trip across the Pennines is no picnic in winter, especially for night matches so I now pick my games and if I can stay safely at home and watch on TV instead I don’t feel any guilt for doing that. I’ve done my bit and it’s great to now see a new batch of young Wanderers fans picking up the mantle and supporting the club. I just hope they get somewhere near the levels we’ve all seen to make it worth their while and enjoy the great times we all have? 🥳😉
I can only hope they have as much fun as I did as a young man following the Wanderers. I'm sure your memories 63, are all good ones, no matter the results.
It was a lot cheaper to travel in my day, but well done to those youngsters who have taken the baton and are running with it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
They're asking the fans to choose the song the team come out to, to boost the atmosphere.

Just don't ask Norpig.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Don't start on him as well, he was tall i thought?  Laughing

karlypants wrote:It's not his fault. Sluffy really can't help himself.

God above you're just like a gang of little hysterical school girls, you really are.

I posted a 'lengthy' (as Bonce has called it) explanation as to why I stopped going to games and a very small part of the post was why I try to live in the moment and don't cling on helplessly to the past, part of which is not to delude myself as to be able to act and behave like the current generation do because you make yourself into a laughing stock if you tried - mutton dressed as lamb is a phrase that comes to mind.

I used Wanderlust as an example of this that we ALL are aware of - do any of you really believe that a 70 year old bloke can compete physically with players 50 years younger than him as an outfielder in weekly 90 minute games and or 60 minute 5-a-side matches as he likes to claim???

Do I even have to remind you that he's been caught out on here constantly LYING about other things???

The point I made was a truism, people DO laugh at those who do or claim to do things in a vain attempt to recapture their youth - another saying that comes to mind is 'to grow old gracefully'.

So out of the 'lengthy' tome that I wrote, Wanderlust, and you three jumped on the ONE line in it and 'shrieked' like little school girls do over it and made yet another mountain out of a mole hill - nay it wasn't even that, maybe a worm hill more like - and disregarded the whole of the rest.

In stark contrast W63 completely ignored your hysteria and posted a reply completely taking on my points and empathising with them as he sees things similarly to me.

As for Wanderlust if he's stupid and narcissus enough to post pictures of himself on a form where we take the piss out of each other (even on this thread we've had Bonce going on about my 'length' and about Norpig's taste in music!) then what does he expect?

It's about time you three get over yourselves, Wanderlust clearly doesn't like me and I couldn't care any less about him other than to laugh at his behaviour.

That's all it is, and it isn't going to change, so simply stop making such a big issue over it every single time ffs!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1 line, you wrote several paragraphs about short people.
Just found it very childish is all.
Anyway we move on 🤓

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:1 line, you wrote several paragraphs about short people.  
Just found it very childish is all.
Anyway we move on 🤓

No, let's put an end to it here.

I DIDN'T write anything about 'short people' actually - you just jumped straight to that conclusion.

In fact I DIDN'T mention anything about short people, midgets, dwarfs, vertically challenged, or any other cliche you'd care to mention.

I simply wrote this...

Sluffy wrote:Also I think you might find this article of interest -

...the rest was a DAILY TELEGRAPH news article.

I EVEN LINKED TO IT!!!

It was YOU that jumped to the the conclusion that I was implying Wanderlust was a "short person" if that is what you have done or maybe you're hypersensitive of the NEWSPAPER ARTICLE if you are perhaps a "short person" yourself?

I find it "childish" of you always being the first to have a pop at me - clearly you've still got an axe to grind with me over the Nuts Twitter account that you threw your toys out of your pram over and locked Karly and me out of.

It's about time you got over it, it really is.

Wanderlust thinks I'm a wanker, he's called me that often enough before, I just laugh at him, and I laugh at you in the same way constantly trying to have a pop at me because of something that happened on the internet a few years ago.

As I've said above, Wanderlust doesn't like me and I couldn't care any less about him other than to laugh at him and everyone knows that this situation isn't ever going to change so stop your constant shit stirring about it, grow up and deal with reality.

AND before you start Bonce was the one who posted the picture about "short people", I simply carried on HIS joke, I did post a picture of the seven dwarfs but to simply illustrate the newspaper article above, and I did let Karly know that Midget Gems were still available to buy but NOWHERE will you find that I've referred to you, Wanderlust, or anyone else being a "short person", in fact I HAVEN'T WRITTEN ANYTHING ABOUT SHORT PEOPLE AT ALL!!!

If however you found the Telegraph's article to be "childish" then I suggest you write to them about it.

And fwiw the "1 line..." you refer to above was about what I'd wrote about Wanderlust claiming to play and beat grown men 50 years younger than him at football and nothing whatsoever to do with "short people", Christ I hadn't even copied and pasted the newspaper article by that time, so you clearly don't even understand yourself what your talking about in your haste to have yet another little pop or trying to justify your original go at me, whatever your intent was.

Other than that have a nice day.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn’t care less about the Twitter account.
Just refused to carry it on when being told who I was allowed to follow. Hence why I just created my own 🤓. I will carry on having opinions on your childish behaviour until you stop it. You’re the only one who doesn’t see it. Anyway up the whites

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote: There's none so blind that those that will not see or deaf as those that will not hear...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum