Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton P-P Cheltenham

+4
karlypants
wanderlust
Whitesince63
finlaymcdanger
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:35 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

22Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:00 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm fine but it was in the next block to me and wasn't a pretty sight. They were doing CPR on him for quite a while - in the stand and then on the way to the ambulance.

Right decision to call off the game as no one really wanted to watch football after witnessing that.

RIP Iain

23Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:08 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still find it distasteful that media outlets go with sensationalist coverage before they check the facts. Sure it happens in their coverage of all matters but it’s no excuse.
I’m all for press freedom but it seems that the standard of regulation of legality and morality has slipped. Tees me off that the BBC instantly went with “crowd trouble “ and the Sun tried to dog whistle.
This chap Iain had family and friends and what they must have thought is awful.

24Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:11 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I still find it distasteful that media outlets go with sensationalist coverage before they check the facts. Sure it happens in their coverage of all matters but it’s no excuse.
I’m all for press freedom but it seems that the standard of regulation of legality and morality has slipped. Tees me off that the BBC instantly went with “crowd trouble “ and the Sun tried to dog whistle.
This chap Iain had family and friends and what they must have thought is awful.

Quite right Lusty.

25Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:31 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't go to the game due to illness, and I watched the ensuing drama in grim silence.
So sad to think a journey he's made so many times should end like that. He was about my age, and it's a sobering thought.
RIP Iain.

26Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:47 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wasn't pleasant to witness from where i was, i have to say the speed of people getting to him in the stand seemed quite slow to me. i could see quite clearly CPR being done on him for a good 15 minutes or so, even on the way to the ambulance.

There is a family who sit near me and they were saying the fireman who went over to help was a friend of theirs, he deserves enormous credit. The other chap who helped out seemed to be getting some abuse from knobhead corner but don't think they realised he used to be a paramedic and was working on him in the stand, hope that all gets cleared up as he didn't deserve that! I presume they thought he was trying to take pictures of him on the stretcher?

It was a strange atmosphere as we were just waiting to see what was happening for 30 minutes, but when the decision was made everyone took it well and understood completely.

27Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:11 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NEW DATE FOR CHELTENHAM GAME

Wanderers’ League One fixture at home to Cheltenham Town has been re-scheduled for Tuesday, 23rd January (KO 7.45pm).

The game was abandoned last Saturday following a cardiac arrest suffered by supporter Iain Purslow, who sadly later died.

Wanderers will pay their respects to the 71-year-old, who was a season-ticket holder and lifelong Whites’ fan, at Tuesday night’s FA Cup tie against Luton Town at the Toughsheet Community Stadium.

Cheltenham were due to play at Burton Albion next Tuesday night, but that game has been postponed to facilitate the Robins’ re-arranged trip to Wanderers.

The Whites would like to thank both clubs for their co-operation in agreeing to the switch.

Tickets issued to Wanderers’ fans for the original date for the Cheltenham game can be re-used but anyone unable to attend the revised fixture and wishing to claim a refund can do so at the ticket office at the Toughsheet Community Stadium.

Anyone who booked hospitality will also be able to re-use that booking or claim a refund or credit note if unable to attend the revised fixture via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The club will also be in touch with anyone who bought a match or audio pass via Wanderers TV to issue a voucher code for next Tuesday.

28Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:46 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What about the Wanderers TV fee?  Is it reusable?

29Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:00 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

terenceanne wrote:What about the Wanderers TV fee?  Is it reusable?

Wanderers’ League One fixture at home to Cheltenham Town has been re-scheduled for Tuesday, 23rd January (KO 7.45pm).

The game was abandoned last Saturday following a cardiac arrest suffered by supporter Iain Purslow, who sadly later died.

Wanderers will pay their respects to the 71-year-old, who was a season-ticket holder and lifelong Whites’ fan, at Tuesday night’s FA Cup tie against Luton Town at the Toughsheet Community Stadium.

Cheltenham were due to play at Burton Albion next Tuesday night, but that game has been postponed to facilitate the Robins’ re-arranged trip to Wanderers.

The Whites would like to thank both clubs for their co-operation in agreeing to the switch.

Tickets issued to Wanderers’ fans for the original date for the Cheltenham game can be re-used but anyone unable to attend the revised fixture and wishing to claim a refund can do so at the ticket office at the Toughsheet Community Stadium.

Anyone who booked hospitality will also be able to re-use that booking or claim a refund or credit note if unable to attend the revised fixture via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

The club will also be in touch with anyone who bought a match or audio pass via Wanderers TV to issue a voucher code for next Tuesday.

Finally, for any supporters who purchased a Golden Goal ticket at the Cheltenham Town fixture, all tickets remain valid for the rescheduled game on Tuesday the 23rd January. The prize will be £500.

Supporters who bought tickets but are not attending the re-arranged game can still play along. The winning time will be announced across social media platforms.

If you would like a refund for your Golden Goal ticket, please return your unopened tickets to the Lotteries office and a refund will be issued.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Bolton P-P Cheltenham  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton P-P Cheltenham Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:40 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Finally, for any supporters who purchased a Golden Goal ticket at the Cheltenham Town fixture, all tickets remain valid for the rescheduled game on Tuesday the 23rd January. The prize will be £500.

Supporters who bought tickets but are not attending the re-arranged game can still play along. The winning time will be announced across social media platforms.

If you would like a refund for your Golden Goal ticket, please return your unopened tickets to the Lotteries office and a refund will be issued.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cheers Sluffy  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum