Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Wycombe

+3
Cajunboy
karlypants
Whitesince63
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Mon Feb 12 2024, 22:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We are the one and only Wanderers - a bold statement, but who will be singing it after 90 minutes?

Bolton at home playing our owners local team - both Sharon and Luckock are residents of the quaint village of Penn in Buckinghamshire.

For such a tiny place it seems to have a few 'celb's' associated with it over the years - Mary Berry lived there until a few years ago, so to did the spy Donald Mclean mum and dad, Bonce will be pleased to learn that the comedian Stanley Holloway was a resident too and finally (and a bit more gruesomely) David Blakely did as well, until he was murdered by Ruth Ellis who became the last woman to have been hung in the UK.

Anyway back to football and limp wrists!

Seems unlikely that Baxter will be fit for this one (really, what else do you think I was referring too?) and maybe Santos out too but everyone else (not longer term injured) hard to know what team Evatt will pick, although Adeboyejo no doubt will be on the team sheet - although wouldn't it be a good time to start Collins being a home match and all that?

As for Wycombe they are another midtable team - higher than Cambridge, lower than Northampton - who have only lost one of their last five, with a thumping 5-2 win over Peterborough over the weekend - fair play to them!

One familiar face in their side is the (unlucky at Bolton I thought) Kieran Sadlier who scored at the weekend (but seemingly had only scored one other league goal this season).  

A bit of sad news though is that a kid in Wycombe's under 19's, 17 year old Adam Akers, died whilst playing a week ago - apparently the club are doing something for him at their next home game against Oxford on Saturday.

RIP Adam

It would be a nice gesture if the club and crowd could do something for him tomorrow...?

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Feb 13 2024, 02:54; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Mon Feb 12 2024, 22:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I thought it might be a bit crass of me to carry on talking about the game immediately after posting about poor Adam on the same post - I'm sure you will agree.

So as this is still the match thread we need to continue with our thoughts and opinions on the game ahead - one by rights we should win.

I'm confident we will - but are you?

3Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 08:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Firstly Sluffy my condolences to young Adam’s family and friends, what a terrible thing to be robbed of such a talented boy and especially at such a tender age. I’m sure the club will do something knowing Sharon.

As for the football I’m not the least confident I’m afraid as much because I’m concerned about the team Evatt will pick as I am about Wycombes recent improvement and of course Sads who I was disappointed to see leave. Wouldn’t it just be like him to pop up with the winner? What I mean about Evatt is will he continue with the rookies and the constantly underperforming from Saturday or revert back to a more experienced and proven eleven. I think his use of Ashworth, Taylor and Ramsey at the back was crazy as was retaining the effective partnership of Dion and Vic up top and then to top it off when we’re pushing for a goal he puts on CJ instead of Bod. Add in his stupid sending off and maybe he just had one of those days but tomorrow I’d like to see a different starting eleven altogether and surely it’s time to start our most expensive signing instead of at least the labouring Victor? I can’t even guess at a score but a defeat would not surprise me I’m afraid.

4Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 16:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not confident for this game so I'm going for a 1-2 loss I'm afraid! ..dunno..

5Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 17:04

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Like W63 and Karly I really fear we might lose this match and lose our way even more in the battle for a top two spot,

This is a home game that we have to win, leave the kids on the bench!

Trying to be  positive I'll say 2-2.

We need to get Collins on tonight and use Bod later.

6Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 17:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:Like W63 and Karly I really fear we might lose this match and lose our way even more in the battle for a top two spot,

This is a home game that we have to win, leave the kids on the bench!

Trying to be  positive I'll say 2-2.

We need to get Collins on tonight and use Bod later.
Im totally convinced we have the squad to beat anybody in this league Cajun as long as we pick the right players but I just have reducing faith in IE to see it. It’s settled teams that win things but I fear with such a big squad now he’ll try to squeeze everybody in by chopping and changing. 

Saturday was a case in point with a defence that had hardly trained together let alone played. Both Taylor and Ramsey looked lost at times not knowing what to do with the ball let alone themselves. With a smaller squad we had reasonably settled sides with “finishers” as Evatt calls them knowing they come on after 60 or 70 but now we have so many some won’t even make the bench. 

The fact is we don’t need either Ramsey or Taylor now Jones and Toel are back and Rico and Forester soon to be. We have Matheson as well and from what I’ve seen of him so far I’d rate him better than Ramsey anyway. I fear that it isn’t going to be the players who slip up but Evatt. 🤨

7Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 18:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m losing the faith also. If we don’t go up this season I think the club need to call time on Evatt managing at the club and if we do go up, will Evatt be a good enough manager to keep us in the championship?

8Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 19:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 19:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 20:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've paid my £10 to watch the match on WANDERERS TV tonight.

PAYPAL have confirmed my payment.  But no coverage on my Imac or Ipad.

Anyone else having this problem?

11Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 20:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Apparently payment by any other method apart from Paypal is working.

12Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 20:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute wankers!!!

That's your tenner gone Cajun. Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Feb 13 2024, 20:59; edited 1 time in total

13Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 20:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

14Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 20:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

15Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 21:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Absolute wankers!!!

That's your tenner gone Cajun. Very Happy
They have taken 3 payments of £10.

That's £30 I will be chasing tomorrow.

More wasted time.

We'd better win this game now.

16Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 21:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Apparently payment by any other method apart from Paypal is working.
Thanks for that news SLUFFY.

I feel better now. I thought I had done something wrong.

17Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 21:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 21:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

19Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 21:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For those who watched the game, was it an actual penalty to Wycombe? What happened?

20Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Wycombe Tue Feb 13 2024, 21:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

This explains it cheers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: