Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to appeal Thomason and Evatt red

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton to appeal Thomason and Evatt red 17743783

Wanderers have launched an appeal against George Thomason AND Ian Evatt’s sending off at Northampton Town.

Referee Jeremy Simpson issued a red card to midfielder Thomason in the 27th minute of Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Sixfields, then informed Evatt at the half-time interval that he would not be allowed to take his place in the technical area in the second half.

The club have filed their argument with the Football Association’s disciplinary committee, and as a result Evatt will be in the dugout for Tuesday night’s game against Wycombe.

The judgement on Thomason – who stands to receive a three-game ban if the dismissal is upheld – will be made early this evening and conveyed at the FA’s leisure.

“I will 100 per cent be appealing my red card,” Evatt said. “And we will be appealing George’s red as well.

“I had a fantastic view at the time, I stood next to the fourth official, who on comms was saying ‘no red, no red’ and the referee made the call.

“You can manipulate the images, or the different camera angles. Some make it look worse than it actually was, I believe he got the ball and didn’t make contact with their player. But there are images of the same player laughing after the incident.

“For me it is a foul, a yellow card at the most, but it is certainly not a red.”

New rules mean Evatt was unable to speak to the press after Saturday’s game but word emerged from the dressing room that he had been given a red card by referee Simpson for “foul and abusive language” as the two teams walked back down the tunnel.

The Bolton boss – who also became the first manager in EFL history to be sent off for the ‘mis-use of technology’ during a game against Fleetwood in August – maintains that he did not lose his cool.

“I think it was a really poor refereeing performance and there are not many people who would argue with that,” he said.

“At half time I articulated the argument really clearly. There was no aggression, no swearing, but the tolerance level for me compared to their manager I believe was completely different on the day.

“I got sent off but we will appeal it and see how we got on.”

Source

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It seems that IE's brief encounter with ref Jeremy Simpson has resulted in IE being charged by the FA.
After turning to full-time reffing it wasn't long before Simpson, a former PE teacher at Carnforth High School, was dubbed 'Homer Simpson'.

If you ever find yourself near Carnforth check out the Brief Encounter cafe at Carnforth Railway Station. The best breakfast for miles around I am reliably informed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum