Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt gives update on injury which forced Charles off against Wycombe

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt gives update on injury which forced Charles off against Wycombe 17749667

Wanderers are hopeful that the knee injury which forced top-scorer Dion Charles off the pitch against Wycombe will not be a serious issue.

The 17-goal Northern Ireland international went down in the second half of last night’s game after picking up an injury but left the field on his own steam on medical advice.

Speaking after the final whistle, Ian Evatt felt confident the problem would not be a major one but he would reserve judgement after Charles was checked my medical staff again on Wednesday.

“Dion felt his MCL (medial cruciate ligament) in the second half with that block tackle but it looks like it has settled pretty quickly, so that is good news, positive news,” he said.

“We won’t know the extent until the morning but we are quite comfortable that he will be OK.”

Wanderers have now been informed that George Thomason will miss three games after his red card against Northampton, ruling him out of Saturday’s home clash with Charlton Athletic and the trip to Cambridge United on Tuesday.

Evatt said: “We obviously lost the appeal with George but we don’t really get an explanation, it is just a yes or a no. I am disappointed with that because I think there was enough grounds for it to be overturned but we have to acknowledge and respect the decision.

“He is out for three games now, the first of which was tonight.”

The Bolton boss is also facing a suspension, albeit one which will only be decided further down the line.

The FA informed Wanderers of the referee’s report – which alleges “foul and abusive language” used during the half time interval at Sixfields – and the club are now preparing their own representation.

If found guilty Evatt would face a touchline ban and most likely a fine.

“With me, we had something through today and I completely disagree with the referee’s account of what happened – in fact there wasn’t a great deal there,” he said.

“What we have to do now is I will send back a not guilty plea and we will see what the next stage is, but I am guessing I will get a personal hearing and we will be able to speak about that nearer the time.

“We will respond and see what happens.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum