Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whites must keep showing 'resilience', insists Bodvarsson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whites must keep showing 'resilience', insists Bodvarsson 17754250

Wanderers again proved their ability to ‘win ugly’ against Wycombe, which is something every team chasing promotion needs.

Ian Evatt’s side are known for their attractive brand of football but at this stage of the season, it is simply all about results.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson has seen the Whites' evolution first-hand since his arrival in the North West a couple of years ago.

The striker believes Bolton are a tougher nut to crack these days and hopes they can continue to find “a healthy balance” as they battle for promotion to the Championship.

“For me, that has been one of the biggest improvements in the team – that resilience and not letting in too many goals,” he told The Bolton News.

“I feel like we have improved a lot in that aspect of the game and that is what you need, especially if you are going to be a promotion contender. The best teams get the three points in the ugly games as well.

“I think it is a healthy balance for us. We are not just one-dimensional, we have shown another side to us.

“We can battle and make it a bit ugly at times, but naturally our identity is being attractive and playing good football. I think it is also important that we don’t lose that.”

There is plenty of competition for places in Wanderers’ attack, especially after the arrival of Aaron Collins from Bristol Rovers.

Bodvarsson has had to be patient for opportunities at times and admits it can be challenging to find a rhythm.

The forward is eager to make the most of his time on the pitch – something he certainly did against Wycombe, scoring what proved to be the winner with a clever flick from Kyle Dempsey’s drilled cross.

“It is hard, of course. I can’t hide away from that,” he said, thoughtfully. “Every striker wants momentum and consistency of games, but at the same time we have five or six strikers now and everyone has different styles.

“The gaffer has the right way to utilise that and it is something you have to respect. I feel like my role is quite clear.

“Obviously, I want to be playing more but at the same time I want to be there for the lads who are playing. That is the main thing really.”

The 31-year-old has been around the block and knows that most players will go through spells out of the team.

“If I am 22 years old, I am definitely speaking to the gaffer,” he joked.

“I understand it more now, I am more experienced. I get it and the gaffer makes sure he talks to me as well.

“If I am on the bench, he lets me know it is nothing personal. It is just the way football is sometimes and you can’t let it affect you emotionally.

“You just need to have tunnel vision, keep going and do well when you are on the pitch.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum