Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We have to focus on our own performances', insists Bodvarsson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We have to focus on our own performances', insists Bodvarsson 17931783

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson says Wanderers must “keep believing” as they battle to break into the automatic promotion spots.

The experienced forward, who bagged a brace against Reading on Monday, insists the Whites can only focus on themselves and getting points on the board.

“First and foremost, we have to focus on our own performances and see where that takes us,” he said.

“Obviously, we want the results to go our way but I think it is important that our focus is on having a good overall performance.

“I believe when we do that, most of the time we should be winning games. We have to keep believing and giving it our all in these last few games.”

Bodvarsson has had to be patient for opportunities at times this season but has played a key role in recent weeks while Dion Charles, Victor Adeboyejo, Dan Nlundulu and Carlos Mendes Gomes have all been sidelined.

“Like every other player in the team who has not been playing regularly, it is frustrating. But you have to look at the big picture as well and what you are part of,” he added.

“It is important to give everything for your own self and for the team when you are called upon, especially now with injuries. You want to step up even more to help the club reach its goals.

'We have to focus on our own performances', insists Bodvarsson 17922342

“Through the years now with experience, I know how it is in football. It is a roller-coaster ride constantly.

“The older you get, the more composed you get with your emotions towards the highs and lows. You start to know how bizarre the football world is and how emotional it is as well.

“With age and a bit more experience, you get it. You always need to be ready and if you are playing or not playing, you have to stay in your own lane.”

The 31-year-old thought he had put Bolton in front against promotion rivals Derby last month but was denied by a brilliant stop by Joe Wildsmith from close range.

“It is very important to stay on track with the belief, knowing that you ae doing the right things. I would always say that I would rather be in the right position and missing some chances rather than not having any chances - it had just been unlucky with the keepers making some good saves.

“When it is like that, you just need to keep going and stick to what you do best, which is scoring goals and the other parts of it, the general game.

“Since the first year I became a professional until now, it is always that case of sticking to it. You just never know how moments or margins will go.

“We saw that in the game against Derby, I thought we dominated it but sometimes that is not enough. You need to have the margins with you as well and you need to be clinical.

“That is why you need to stay on track with your own performance because eventually you are going to have important moments.

“Especially for the rest of this season, you never know what is going to happen so you need to stay on track with your confidence and belief.”

Bodvarsson’s persistence paid off against former club Reading as Wanderers cruised to an emphatic victory.

The forward, who spent a couple of years at the Berkshire club earlier in his career, hopes things will soon get better off the pitch for the Royals.

“I really liked it, it was a really good club and family-based,” he recalled. “They had some very good youth players coming through the ranks.

“They are going through a bit of a tough time now and I feel very sorry forth for them.

“For the club and the community, it has been very hard to see how it has been lately with the situation there. I have very fond memories of Reading, I loved it and so did my family.”

Bodvarsson also had spells with the likes of Wolves and Millwall before heading to Wanderers in January 2022.

The Icelander quickly became a popular figure among Whites supporters and his bond with the fans is something that he cherishes.

“I have had some fantastic times here in Bolton and to have my second child born here will be special,” he said.

“To add as well with the football memories, family memories will always be special. With what we want to achieve on the pitch, hopefully that will be a nice bonus.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum