Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 1-0 Bolton

+8
karlypants
Sluffy
Norpig
okocha
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 09:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I do remember Eric Redrobe but the guilty party might have been someone else, Boncey. Redrobe only played four times for the first team and none of those were at Burnden.
That's a pity. Dad convinced mum it was him. Might have been a reserve game. She's 94 now, so I won't bring it up. Nothing good could come of it.

122bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 09:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
It brought a whole new angle to the concept of "safe standing"., although I tended to move towards the middle of the stand rather than wear wellies.

Will you be going for safe standing next season Bonce, or is it too risky?
I'll be sticking with the WSU. My knees will thank me at the end of the season.

123bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 09:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:The predominant smell in the Manny Rd side of the Lever End was piss as there was a toilet halfway up that regularly blocked, overflowed and streamed on to the terraces and down towards the corner flag.
I remember there was a bar at the Manny Road side of the Lever End. It was actually underneath what was termed the Wing Stand of the Manny Road end. I recall the strong smell of beer around there but I don't actually remember the bogs, though I expect there must have been some.

124bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 09:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I remember there was a bar at the Manny Road side of the Lever End. It was actually underneath what was termed the Wing Stand of the Manny Road end. I recall the strong smell of beer around there but I don't actually remember the bogs, though I expect there must have been some.
A wall of porcelain with a trough at the bottom with blokes queueing two or three deep to splash it. Nowt fancy.

125bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 09:51

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
That's a pity. Dad convinced mum it was him. Might have been a reserve game. She's 94 now, so I won't bring it up. Nothing good could come of it.
Not remembered all that much in Bolton (except by your Dad) but Eric was was chosen as the Southport [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] player as part of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] centenary celebrations in 2007.

126bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 09:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Not remembered all that much in Bolton (except by your Dad) but Eric was was chosen as the Southport [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] player as part of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] centenary celebrations in 2007.
Didn't know a lot about him until dad mentioned him.

127bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 7 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Wed Mar 20 2024, 14:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I never heard my parents swearing so it was quite a surprise to hear all the language and the humour that surrounded me, not to mention the smells. Pipe tobacco and the odd cigar, lovely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum