Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 1-0 Bolton

+8
karlypants
Sluffy
Norpig
okocha
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 18:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Have you posted this on the wrong thread or am I missing something?

82bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 18:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Have you posted this on the wrong thread or am I missing something?

Bonce and Norpig were talking about the game with liking Liverpool.

I added what appears to be a United fan abusing a disabled person from the United Liverpool game yesterday.

83bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 20:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Oh ok, thanks.

Typical fan who believes football is more than a game, eh?

I thought the bloke was trying to make out it was Liverpool fans dying in the Hillsborough crush?

No doubt the Liverpool fans were singing about the Munich air crash (Who's that lying on the runway...)   to the United fans too!

I've heard the Bolton fans sing it often also...

(And wasn't someone on here telling me everything can be forgiven as long as they support BWFC?).

Football - the GAME - isn't about hatred to other teams and their fans, racism, religious intolerance, violence to others, abuse to women. police and security staff - but the people who are hating, racist, Islamophobic, Anti-Semitic, anti-social, homophobic, misogynistic, alcohol and drug fuelled in themselves ARE bring these attitudes and behaviour of theirs to the GAME.

Don't people yet understand that what they see the GAME to be is NOT what I or others see the same GAME to be - it is what YOU bring to the game that changes it in YOUR world to how YOU see it - the GAME of football is just that - A GAME.

Would you really want to be best mates with a knuckle dragging Neanderthal, whose is smashed out of his head on drugs, whose just gave his misses a good slapping and looking for a fight with the opposing fans - and so much the better if it is with someone who is black or gay?

Off course you wouldn't.

But they have happy memories of the game, the fights they've had, the arrests they got, the petty crimes they committed robbing the services station, going over the wall because they had no ticket, bricking the away fans coaches, etc.

Is that how YOU remember the same match too?

You both watched a GAME being played - that's the only thing you have in common, all the rest is what you and the Neanderthal brought with you to that match and you might might remember it as rained on you all day, lost 5-1, the ref having a stinker and the car battery being flat after the match, whilst they remember it as the best GAME ever as they were off their tits before kick off, got thrown out by the stewards before half time for racist chanting, snuck back in at half-time, sang the Munich song, got in a fight after the game, bricked their coach, got arrested and spent the night in jail.

Anyway enough of me contrasting Bonce and Bobs view of the same GAME (only joking, only joking) the point is what they both saw was a game being played - what they brought to the game they watched and what they took away from it was personal to them based on the what they are with their values, attitudes and behaviour.

Football is just a GAME - if you want to make it anymore than that, then that's up to you but YOU have changed it from being a game to how YOU want to see it, which is not the same as everyone else will see it.

84bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 21:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s just twigged now after reading your post Sluffy about the video. Disgusting vile fans who need banning.

Funnily enough, When we went to Derby on Saturday we stopped off at a pub not too far from the ground and a couple of coaches turned up just after us full of BWFC fans.

One of the young lads started to sing about Man U and got told to shut up before he went on to sing about the Munich disaster. He must have known it was coming.

The thing was we weren’t even playing United that day so why even bring the club up.

What an absolute dick!

85bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 21:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst football is a part of our lives, it is not more important than life itself. I find it truly disgusting and bang out of order that fans feel the need to go out and play the one up manship game against a rival fan by using ordinary folk that have died in a terrible way at a football match or the players going home back to their loved ones and having a tragic accident along the way home.

These people need to be made an example of with having lifetime bans. It’s not like some has called someone else a dick head for example is it. This sort of thing really doesn’t have a place in football.

86bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Mon Mar 18 2024, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Now you are getting it Karly.

Now you're beginning to see that football is just game and nothing more.

It only becomes something more to someone when they attach something of their selves to it - in this case abuse and hatred - and why - all because someone supports a different team than them.

Pathetic really.

87bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 03:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheer up lads! It typically gets a bit tetchy on here after a bad loss but remember that we've got Stevenage away to look forward to.

88bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 07:59

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just a game? I don't think so.

Its a business, a culture, a way of life, a religion.

It can be skillful, masterly and brilliant but it can also be tasteless, ostentatious, crass, boorish and vulgar. There's an awful lot of the latter to the fore these days. Think Man U.

89bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 10:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Just a game? I don't think so.

It can be skillful, masterly and brilliant but it can also be tasteless, ostentatious, crass, boorish and vulgar.
Fuck me! I agree.
Reflects life.
We only have one life experience and then we die. That experience consists solely of our sensory input and our thought processes. If that experience is in part the emotional investment in football then football is life for that time because that’s what you’re living at those points in time - at the expense of other possible experiences. It is the total of your life experience for that time because it is absorbing your attention and affecting your emotions.
Saying that football is “only a game” is merely comparing life experiences and judging them based on personal preferences and prejudices.

90bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 12:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about shared memories for me. Of my dad, who took me to my first match, and paid for my very first season ticket. (Ten Bob).
Memories of Burnden, and the mates who were part of our group, home and away, many of whom are no longer with us. My mum, going to her one and only match, and getting hit in the mush by the ball.
So many memories, happy and sad. During the lowest points in my life, the Wanderers were the one constant. The beacon I clung to. The club has served me well.
It's not just a game to me, no matter what others think. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

91bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now now chaps you do know our leader has spoken and expressly stated that it is just a game? No deviation from the party line is allowed by our leader Vladimir Sluffy  Very Happy

92bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 12:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Now now chaps you do know our leader has spoken and expressly stated that it is just a game? No deviation from the party line is allowed by our leader Vladimir Sluffy  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

93bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 12:38

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Blimey....never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Ten Bob and Lusty. Football is obviously a game but absolutely not "only a game". 

Without passionate fan support, it means little, but for millions and millions of people around the world, it means a huge amount, a break from mundanity. 

We all need passion in our lives, romantic or otherwise. I get very involved in music, cinema, theatre, most sports, debate, family, the natural world, conservation, literature, politics, friendships and love to take part or watch

Some folk like to commit themselves to religion, watch trains or take up a hobby such as painting, stamp collecting., bell ringing....all of which fail to arouse any passion in me, but I wouldn't dream of decrying them or try to belittle others for whom these things mean a lot.

Find your passion and follow it whole-heartedly.....it means you are alive!

94bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 15:00

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Heck, never thought I'd agree with Okocha.

95bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 15:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its all one big love in apart from Vladimir  Laughing

96bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 15:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Just a game? I don't think so.

It can be skillful, masterly and brilliant but it can also be tasteless, ostentatious, crass, boorish and vulgar. There's an awful lot of the latter to the fore these days. Think Man U.

No Bob.

The football industry is a business - the companies that makes the shirts, owns the clubs, sells the shares, etc, etc, - but the GAME its self is a game that anyone can play, anywhere, without a stadium, a referee, goalposts or even a proper ball (I've played football with a  tennis ball loads of times as a kid with or sweaters as goalposts if we played on the park (or chalked up on a wall (a gable end usually) if we played in the street).

Our GAMES of football didn't even have proper rules - often we only had one keeper in one goal and when you scored three goals you were 'in' - you went in goal and the other lad played out, with everyone else - and you now had to stop all of them scoring.

Football maybe a culture to some who base their lives around it - but it isn't a culture to everyone - I have a brother who hasn't the slightest interest in football for instance.  

The Reebok holds around 25,000 capacity and is rarely full, yet Bolton Metropolitan's population is currently 300,000 people.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How many Asians do you see watching them (or other clubs) - but how many of them play football on the parks or five a side venues?  I suggest to you that many Asians PLAY football as the GAME but don't follow football as a culture in their community - and certainly NOT as their religion.

And finally on culture, how many women have the slightest interest in football  -  Christ its only this month that BWFC decided to have a women's team - and we are a quarter of the way through the twenty-first century, with the club having been in existence for 150 years!!!

Yes, football can be a way of life for some, same as people are alcoholics, gamblers or drug dependant.  

Too much of anything is an obsession - obsession is not a good thing.

As for football being a religion - well religion has led to more wars and deaths in the world than anything else - the crusades, the reformation, concentration camps, ethnic cleansing, the current war in Palestine - not to mention the scandals of sexual abuses over the centuries.

It might be your religion Bob, but it certainly  isn't mine.

Players who play the game can indeed be skilful, masterly and brilliant but you then talk about those who WATCH the game -  tasteless, ostentatious, crass, boorish and vulgar - the two things are completely separate - one is about PLAYERS PLAYING A GAME of football the other is of individuals who are WATCHING the GAME and it arousing their emotions to it (on a higher level it can be how the corporate world exploits the INDUSTRY of football  - but that again is SEPARATE from the GAME of football that you me and others as kids played on the street, or at school - and countless other kids still do to this day).

You ask me to think Man United - well Man United is not football - it is a football club.  It is a company that provides a product in the entertainment sector.  It's product plays the GAME of football in a professional league.

Man United doesn't control the rules of football, or who can play it and where it can be played.

It can't control the behaviour of it's fans outside the stadium, or control the hatred, and prejudices individuals already have in their heads when they come to the match.

Man United is only interested in selling its product to enrich the companies owners.

Is that the sort of God you've been following Bob - if football is your religion?

Football isn't your religion at all Bob.

BWFC may well be though.

Football is a simple GAME and enjoyed by millions and millions over the years.

When you move away from playing the game to watching the game, then you start to bring to it YOUR OWN EMOTIONS to it, which aren't derived from the game but how YOU view the game.

For instance if you see two teams having a kickabout on the park you aren't invested in the GAME but if you have your child playing for one of the sides you do become invested and your emotions are naturally for you to want your child and their team to do well - and you become biased on partisan to that effect.

THAT'S where everybody on here is.

It's your bias and parisanation that triggers your feelings emotions and behaviours.

It isn't the GAME per se that triggers them, it is what that specific football match MEANS TO YOU and that includes everything around the football match such as who was with you at the time or incidents that occurred before. during and after that game, good or bad and how they had such an EFFECT on you.

You've got skin in the game - as they say.

Take away the thing that causes you to trigger your emotions and the football match reverts back to simply being a GAME again.

97bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 16:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its like the film 12 angry men this, Sluffy is determined to change our minds to his point of view, hilarious but utterly pointless.

98bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 16:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Its like the film 12 angry men this, Sluffy is determined to change our minds to his point of view, hilarious but utterly pointless.

In the film, the one man was proved to be right.

Didn't you know that?

99bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 17:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Inherit The Wind might be a more appropriate movie. Very Happy

100bolton - Derby 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Derby 1-0 Bolton Tue Mar 19 2024, 17:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The words say - This is not a pipe.

Is it a pipe or not - simple question, yes?

Well is it or isn't it?

Go on then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum