Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol 0-2 Bolton

+7
terenceanne
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
finlaymcdanger
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 10:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After our fantastic win against Reading at home, have we found our form again?

Bristol are sat around mid table and haven't had a win in at least the last 5 games so can we capitalise on this and get the 3 points we desperately need to keep the pressure on Derby who are playing Portsmouth tonight?

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Apr 06 2024, 17:05; edited 2 times in total

2bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 14:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Against Bristol Rovers, start with Collins and Bod up front and have (fit again?) Dion poised to come on for the last 20 minutes to run them ragged as Rovers (and Bod!) start to  tire. 

As for this evening, I don't think Derby are good enough to take the points in front of a fired-up, intimidating Pompey crowd.

3bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 14:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure we'll all be singing this later  :pray:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 14:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 17:07

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Most intimidating crowds based on personal experience: 

1 Millwall   2 Leeds   3 Man Utd   4 Pompey...

and, believe it or not, 5 Swindon Town!! 
I was there the day that the p.a. announcer got sacked at half-time for the outrageous stuff he was coming out with, encouraging mayhem....but not before my wife had had a cup of very hot tea  thrown over her and I got thumped for confronting the hooligans as a result.....

All pale into insignificance, however, compared to the game at Atletico Madrid where their Ultras chased and attacked us.  It made the national newspapers as well as our BEN. Breakfast the next morning was spent in the hotel comparing weals, bruises and cuts. Luckily, I'm a fast runner...  Very Happy

6bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 17:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Christ. I hope you and your wife was ok! Shocked

7bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 18:34

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 20:09

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thanks, Karly. My wife was deterred from watching football after the Swindon experience but most of the hot tea landed in a spray on her hat. The lout had thrown the cup and its contents from behind so it ran down her back via her coat. Shock and anger were her biggest trauma, rather than scalding.

Good thing we both enjoy watching (and playing) tennis, golf, cricket and badminton where we're quite a lot less likely to be set upon by yobs!

9bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 21:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

May as well just rest players at this point and avoid injury for the first round match against Barnsley.

10bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Tue Apr 02 2024, 22:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Portsmouth 2-2 Derby

11bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Wed Apr 03 2024, 11:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of Wanderers fans focused on the luck of Derby's hugely deflected goal and their luck in general including the penalty that Pompey weren't awarded but you have to give them credit for their shithousery game management.
In the end a draw was very acceptable to both sides with Pompey keeping the distance between them and their nearest rivals and Derby edging further out of our grasp.

We can do no more than focus on our own form and the Reading game showed some improvement.
When we play with freedom and CBs pushing right out to support the attack, we're always going to risk getting caught out and conceding - but does it matter if we score more at the other end?

I'd rather lose trying to take the initiative and setting the agenda than overcomplicating our play and making concessions for the opposition.

12bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Wed Apr 03 2024, 12:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:A lot of Wanderers fans focused on the luck of Derby's hugely deflected goal and their luck in general including the penalty that Pompey weren't awarded but you have to give them credit for their shithousery game management.
In the end a draw was very acceptable to both sides with Pompey keeping the distance between them and their nearest rivals and Derby edging further out of our grasp.

We can do no more than focus on our own form and the Reading game showed some improvement.
When we play with freedom and CBs pushing right out to support the attack, we're always going to risk getting caught out and conceding - but does it matter if we score more at the other end?

I'd rather lose trying to take the initiative and setting the agenda than overcomplicating our play and making concessions for the opposition.
I noticed on Monday Sheehan ended up being the last man a few times when Reading broke forward and against better teams that would cost us.

13bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Wed Apr 03 2024, 14:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I noticed on Monday Sheehan ended up being the last man a few times when Reading broke forward and against better teams that would cost us.
It's the risk the style of play requires against teams that try to play football against us i.e. leaves space for us to play through them.

When the opposition sets up to defend in banks and try to catch us on the break like Steve Evans' Stevenage team and several others did, we have to watch Santos standing on the ball in our half trying to coax them out like Van Dijk does - which offers a different set of risks but is intended to create the space for our plan A i.e. play in their half and move it quickly.

Ultimately, we just have to be better at what we do best as there are risks if we sit back and risks if we don't, but the risks are less if we lose it in their half and not ours.

14bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Wed Apr 03 2024, 18:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bristol Rovers haven’t scored in their last 5 games, so hopefully not much of threat going forward.
So I’m confident of a comfortable win.

15bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Thu Apr 04 2024, 04:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bristol Rovers haven’t scored in their last 5 games, so hopefully not much of threat going forward.
Yup - the classic BWFC banana skin.... Smile

16bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Thu Apr 04 2024, 06:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bristol Rovers haven’t scored in their last 5 games, so hopefully not much of threat going forward.
Yup - the classic BWFC banana skin.... Smile

Very Happy

17bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Fri Apr 05 2024, 14:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should win this and i think we will, i'm going 2-1 to the Super Whites

18bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sat Apr 06 2024, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BTID/Karly - if one of you fixed the posting of tweets on to the site again - then a big thank you very much.

19bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sat Apr 06 2024, 14:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

20bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sat Apr 06 2024, 14:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
BTID/Karly - if one of you fixed the posting of tweets on to the site again - then a big thank you very much.

Sorry Sluffy, I did have a look but didn't fix it and then I had forgotten as I had a few things going on since the last game with the loo leaking what not and then the funeral of a close friends dad which came as a complete shock and he was just 58!

March is becoming a bit of a bad month for us for this sort of thing. Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum