Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol 0-2 Bolton

+7
terenceanne
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
finlaymcdanger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No, not the drink - but the drink was the reason behind why I've kept saying it recently.

When I was younger they always seemed to advertise the Kia ora drink at the cinema (do they still do adverts these days, I've not been to the pictures for years now) - Pearl and Dean sort of thing.

Well a week or so ago I was watching a New Zealand film on TV and the Maori characters kept saying Kia ora to everyone, and I obviously thought of the drink but they clearly weren't talking about that, so I googled it -

Kia ora (Māori pronunciation: [kiˈaɔɾa], approximated in English as /ˌkiːə ˈɔːrə/ KEE-ə-OR-ə[1] or /ˈkjɔːrə/ KYOR-ə) is a Māori-language greeting which has entered New Zealand English. It translates literally as "have life" or "be healthy",[2] wishing the essence of life upon someone, from one speaker to the other.[3] It is used as an informal greeting or farewell equivalent to "hi", "hello", or "goodbye" and can be used as an expression of thanks similar to "cheers". As a greeting of local origin, it is comparable to the term "g'day" (used in Australian and New Zealand English).[4]

Meaning
Kia ora can be used to wish somebody life and health[2]—the word ora used as a noun means "life, health and vitality".[5] It might also be used as a salutation, a farewell or an expression of thanks.[6] It also signifies agreement with a speaker at a meeting, being as it is from a culture that prizes oratory. It is widely used alongside other more formal Māori greetings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I thought it seemed a bit nicer than closing with 'have a nice day' which I usually use to end my reply to people who have just had a rant at me - which is my way of saying to them to chill as no matter how wound up or obsessed they are, it is only the internet, not real life, and why the fuck are they stressing about it and taking it all so seriously!!!

It ISN'T real life ffs!!!

(I've put the three exclamation marks in just for BTID's benefit!!!).

And no, I haven't missed the humour at all, it's people like BTID and Bob (and Wanderlust - just for BTID's benefit again) getting so personal and obsessed about me - just some random person who they have never met and judge me solely on what they read on social media, that makes me laugh at how ridiculously serious they take it all.

Christ my brother is slowly dying from cancer, your best mates dad suddenly dropped down dead and I have to deal with nutjobs on here with people who carry personal vendettas against me over something and nothing that was said on social media months, even years ago.

Nuts isn't real.

If you somehow think it is, so much so that you get wound up about things I post - and lets be honest I'm not abusive as such (I never call people cunts, wankers or anything else more serious than 'nutjobs') and most of the time post facts - then I suggest it is YOU who have the problem of not being able to tell the difference between real life and the social media make believe world that some of you clearly inhabit.

Kia ora to you all because why wouldn't I wish good health to all, even those who can't tell the difference between real life and planet Nuts!!!

42bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 18:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m really sorry to hear about your brother Sluffy.

Life is very cruel and it gets the genuinely nice people. Why can’t cancer and other major illnesses target those who are convicted murderers for example?

It really does ring true that people need to make the very best of their lives with their loved ones and friends as you never know what life in general throws at you and it can change in the flick of a switch.

Money isn’t everything but spending time with loved ones is.

I wish your brother all the luck in the world.

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Apr 07 2024, 18:51; edited 1 time in total

43bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 18:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry to hear about your brother Sluffy and hope he can fight it off and also condolences to your mate who lost his dad. As Karly says life is cruel and we all live only one moment away from it but it comes to us all eventually and all we can do is our best until it does.

44bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 20:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thank you to you both.

My brother has been suffering from cancer for a number of years and has been operated on at Christies in 2022.

It's just a matter of time but as far as we know we are talking about years rather than months or days and he is in no pain or anything but just the mental strain of always knowing that it is there.

He's in quite good health otherwise and just gets on with it.

So my point was THAT is REAL LIFE and fannying around holding petty little school boy grudges like some - nay, many people do on the internet, is nothing more than pathetic in my eyes and why I pity and laugh at those who do.

And fwiw, those who do, judge me by THEIR standards, and they aren't the standards I adhere to.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else but I can tell the difference between the real world and the internet one and certainly don't get all het up and carry grudges over shit on social media like some of you clearly do.

So Kia ora again and a good Inuit kunik (look it up) to you all.

45bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 20:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

W63 stop your strop and get yourself back on here mate, you've been missed.

46bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 20:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry to hear about your brother Sluffy.
Also condolences to you KP.

47bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 20:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thank you mate, much appreciated.

:like:

48bolton - Bristol 0-2 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bristol 0-2 Bolton Sun Apr 07 2024, 20:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks BTID & 63.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum