Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt shares latest on Charles and Baxter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt shares latest on Charles and Baxter  17515628

Things could look rather different for the Wanderers squad in the final weeks of the season after a torrid run of injury luck.

Ian Evatt remains hopeful Dion Charles and Nathan Baxter will be back available for the trip to Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

Top-scorer Charles, who has found the net 18 times in all competitions this term, hasn’t featured since the win against Wycombe in February due to a knee problem.

Baxter has been out of action for a similar timeframe with a wrist issue. He had been ever-present in the league prior to the injury.

“Dion is very, very late stage of rehab,” Evatt said after the Reading victory. “We are extremely hopeful that he will be available on Saturday. The same with Nathan Baxter, I think he will be available for Saturday.

“Dan Nlundulu is back full training so he won’t be far away. Victor is doing really well and improving all the time.

“Obviously, Randell (Williams) was back in the squad and Caleb Taylor is back in full training again. We are talking about five or six bodies who will potentially be back for Bristol Rovers or just after.”

When asked about potential selection headaches, Evatt replied: “The last three months, I have had much more of a headache trying to manage the group I have had rather than having the options, so I will take those options every day of the week!”

The win against Reading saw the Whites move within three points of second-place Derby, who face a tough trip to leaders Portsmouth tonight.

“I am not going to tell porkies and say I am not going to watch because I absolutely am,” Evatt smiled.

“Obviously, we need help but all we can do is take care of our own business. Whether that is give games or eight, if we can win those we know we will be up.

“Fingers crossed for us, we can have a little bit of help along the way but we need to take care of our own business.

“We have got some of the cavalry appearing over the hill and getting them back will make a difference to us.

“Let’s just enjoy (the Reading win), process what has happened and then get ready for a big game at Bristol Rovers on Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum