Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking Back: Bridge Street was home to impressive Co-op store

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking Back: Bridge Street was home to impressive Co-op store 18247187

This photo from the archives offers an unusual view along Bridge Street in Bolton.

Taken in January 1983, you can see the Market Hall on the left with the public toilets accessed off Bridge Street.

On the right you can see the Co-op store, one of Bolton’s larger retail outlets at the time and one which is much missed by many shoppers.

The new-look Co-op opened in 1959 and the supermarket which cost £80,000 was, at the time, was the most modern in the North West.

As well as the supermarket, the Co-op also offered a wide range of services including a hairdressers, dentists, café and you could even buy your coal for the fire!

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I worked as student there.

Used to have to work in a white coat with a sky blue Co-op label on it.

Looking Back: Bridge Street was home to impressive Co-op store S-l1200

I quite fancied Rita who worked there and was similar age to me but I ended up getting off with Christine who worked at the big Co-op facing the Town Hall!

Happy Days!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had to wear a white coat in some of my Pharmacy jobs, just waiting for the men in white coats to cart me off to the nut house in the very near future  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I've had to wear a white coat in some of my Pharmacy jobs, just waiting for the men in white coats to cart me off to the nut house in the very near future  Very Happy
You might get the room next to mine. Happy days.
Wednesday is treacle pudding day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum