Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman to continue squad rotation

+4
Keegan
MartinBWFC
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Freedman to continue squad rotation Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems common sense to me - we have a big squad, many players are about the same level, so might as well use them and share the work load.

Unbeaten in November - when was the last time we went through a month without defeat?

Fair chance of going unbeaten in December too!

Dougie Freedman says he will continue to rotate his Bolton squad to keep up the fitness levels of his players during the busy Championship season.

The former Crystal Palace manager made six changes to the side that drew at Brighton and Wanderers went on to beat Blackburn 2-1 at Ewood Park.

Freedman told BBC Radio Manchester: "My job is to make sure we're fresh going into games. I've got to use the squad.

"I know players want to play every week but it's up to me to manage them."

The Scot, who made four changes for the game at Brighton on Saturday, continued: "There are many different personalities and characters in the dressing room and they handle it in different ways. It's up to me, as a coach, to do the best I can for Bolton."

Wanderers have yet to lose under Freedman, winning two and drawing four of their six Championship matches since the 38-year-old replaced Owen Coyle at the Reebok Stadium.

And they ended a sequence of four consecutive draws with victory against Rovers, with Freedman describing his team's overall display as the best since he took charge.

"It was a great team performance. From the first whistle, we passed the ball well and controlled the game," he continued.

"Credit to them, they kept on going and we knew they would come back at us. The last 15 minutes was about defending and desire to put your body on the line and we did that."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Unbeaten in November - when was the last time we went through a month without defeat?

November 2010! :good:

3Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How refreshing to hear a manager talking sense.

4Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

His sweatsuit has got to go, though. A suit, please!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree with the sentiment, although I seem to remember that Sordell, Wylde, Riley and Alonso are in the squad - all with first team experience and all in need of an opportunity. Will any of them ever be included in the rotation? No suggestion they will be to date.

6Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Riley had gone to Swindon and Wylde to Carlisle ?

7Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Riley didn't go to Swindon in the end. Or he went for a day and then returned because Di Canio wouldn't guarantee he'd play. I think.

8Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I thought Wylde had gone to Bury though.

9Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 am

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are correct, Wylde is at Bury. It was Halloran who went to Carlisle but then came back.

10Freedman to continue squad rotation Empty Re: Freedman to continue squad rotation Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would like to see Sordell on the bench at least.

I think we are beating a dead horse with him but give the lad a sub appearance. If confidence is the problem then not being in the squad will finish him. Alonso should have a do also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum