Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury

+6
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Whitesince63
Norpig
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Sun Oct 06 2024, 12:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Fwiw I don't think having a manager (particularly this one) makes much difference in being sat in the stands.

The team plays to a system that is 'perfected' on the training pitch and as far as I can see is seldom if ever changed on the pitch during the 90 minutes - you can almost even predict the time and names of the substitution rotations - so nothing much varies if Evatt is in the dugout or in the stands.

I'm not sure if a manager can still give team talks before kick off and at halftime whilst serving a ban but again we seldom take the pitch on the front foot or having made significant tactical changes following the break.

On top of all that I would imagine managers in the stands are 'wired up' to their number two through the match anyway.

And wasn't it a thing some years ago when the likes of Fergusson used to sit in the stands through choice during the games because they could see better how the game was being played than down at pitch level?

And finally an 'I told you so' from me...

Big Sam usually watched the first half from the stands, and it worked well for him. Evatt might benefit from doing the same.

22Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Mon Oct 07 2024, 09:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very poor performance first half and Evatt rightly gave them a bollocking at HT. Much better second half but conceding 2 from corners like that in the first half was very poor.

As for Evatt at full time, he needs to calm down, ridiculous that he's sticking his head in players faces  Rolling Eyes

23Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Mon Oct 07 2024, 11:22

Whitesince63

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Very poor performance first half and Evatt rightly gave them a bollocking at HT. Much better second half but conceding 2 from corners like that in the first half was very poor.

As for Evatt at full time, he needs to calm down, ridiculous that he's sticking his head in players faces  Rolling Eyes
What exactly did he say to them at half time Norpig, I wouldn’t know cos I wasn’t there! 😁

24Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Mon Oct 07 2024, 11:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
What exactly did he say to them at half time Norpig, I wouldn’t know cos I wasn’t there! 😁
 I think he probably ripped them all a new one and threw a few cups around  Very Happy

25Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Mon Oct 07 2024, 19:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The player who squared up to Evatt sent a hurty tweet to Rico. Evatt was right to give him what for.

26Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Shrewsbury Mon Oct 07 2024, 19:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

"hurty tweet"

:biggrin:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum