Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thomas Tuchel - next England manager

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Former Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has agreed to become the next England manager.

The BBC has been told by two different sources that German Tuchel will become the third non-British permanent manager of the England men's team after Sven-Goran Eriksson and Fabio Capello.

England have been without a permanent manager since Gareth Southgate resigned following the Three Lions' Euro 2024 final defeat against Spain.

Lee Carsley was placed in charge on an interim basis "with a view to remaining in the position throughout autumn" while the Football Association assessed suitable options.

More to follow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cr4x9p221gpo

I would have stuck with Lee Carsley myself, as far as I'm concerned the games against Spain and Denmark were exactly the right time to experiment with players and positions and all the abuse he got for poor results was nothing more than morons moaning over nothing.

There is only the World Cup and European Championship that matters and if Southgate had taken 'nothing' games like the Nations League (the what???) then maybe he wouldn't have been farting about trying Trent in midfield sticking with Maguire and not even taking Grealish during the actual tournament rather than falling short every time with probably the best set of England players in my lifetime.

Tuchel is a good manager but he's a bit weird at times.

Not a good thing to be when the nations press gets on your case after a few losses.

Remember this...?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum