Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To stun or not to stun?

+7
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
Sgt. Bash
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1To stun or not to stun? Empty To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 18:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trouble at Mill in Lancashire! The Muslim community of Lancashire are telling their children not eat Halal meat in schools because the animals are being stunned first. According to Ayatolla Kebab the animal should have it's throat cut without being stunned first.

The leader of Lancashire Council, Albert Tatlock is refusing to budge, stating that it is more humane to stun the animal first before cutting its throat.

I have to side with Councillor Tatlock on this one. Simply slitting an animals throat while it is still alive seems a rather barbaric and inhumane way to put meat on the table.

It might be a good idea for the RSPCA to weigh in with their thoughts on this ethical matter.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue Dec 04 2012, 18:34; edited 1 time in total

2To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 18:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry but what a load of complete nonsense.

3To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 18:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Try it on a muslim and see which they would prefer.

4To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 18:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's been on Granada reports tonight with both parties having their say and refusing to budge. The Ayatolla is accusing Tatters of being anti-Muslim.

I know most of us like to eat meat and although I don't think about the pig when I eat a pork sausage, I would much prefer the animal to be killed as humanely as possible.

5To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 18:54

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To stun or not to stun? 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue

6To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 19:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does it kill an apple humanely when you peel it or is it better just to bite straight in to it?

7To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 19:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Pandering to extremists is never a good idea. There is nothing in the Koran that prevents a stunned animal being halal meat. There is also nothing in the Koran that requires women to wear a veil let alone the ridiculous garb some muslim women wear. It's just the interpretation of the Koran by bigoted nutters and extremists.

8To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 19:39

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's 700 years behind the times, give them time to catch up!
They might start using toilets proper soon!!

9To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 19:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they don't want their kids to eat it, then fine, don't eat it. If I was Albert Tatlock I wouldn't budge also.

10To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Albert is not for turning!

11To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:15

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If they don't want their kids to eat it, then fine, don't eat it. If I was Albert Tatlock I wouldn't budge also.

Agreed, inhumanly killing animals to meet religions needs is just... well, just inhumane.

Im not a fan of hanging screaming cows upside down, cutting their throats and letting them bleed to death.. Just not my thing.

If certain people of any religion believe that they need to cause the most possible suffering to an animal in order to comply with their (most likely skewed) religious views we do not have to comply. There are more atheists in Britain than any religion. Cruelty to animals cannot be justified because 'god' wants it.

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:26; edited 1 time in total

12To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

Agreed, inhumanly killing animals to meet religions needs is just... well, just inhumane.

Im not a fan of hanging screaming cows upside down, cutting their throats and letting them bleed to death.. Just not my thing.

It's bloody brutal if truth be told. We pander to this barbaric kind of shit so as not to offend their religion. It's time the RSPCA took a stand.

13To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes what are the RSPCA doing? I've never heard of them protesting about this cruelty to animals.

14To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It annoyed me at our work canteen, we had a few of the call centre staff who were asian and asked for Halal chicken as it complied with their religious beliefs. Next minute all the chicken is Halal just to comply with probably 10% of the work force!!

15To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the funniest cases that was reported in the news was that of a Muslim cook who got a job working in a police canteen in London. He refused to handle or cook any bacon or pork sausages because his religion declared that the meat was unclean. He got given the boot and tried to sue the Met. He lost his case because the judge declared that he must have known he would be expected to cook full English breakfasts as part of his job and there was no reason why he couldn't use plastic gloves to handle the meat.

It's a funny old game!!!

16To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:It annoyed me at our work canteen, we had a few of the call centre staff who were asian and asked for Halal chicken as it complied with their religious beliefs. Next minute all the chicken is Halal just to comply with probably 10% of the work force!!

I do find this slightly troubling. Most of the meat served by fast food places and a lot of supermarket meat is halal now for this reason.

If the animals are stunned before their throats are slit I assume they feel no pain and I have no moral problem with this, but why do we have to pander to minority religious practices? You don't find much tolerance for non-muslim religious beliefs in muslim countries.

17To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indeed! Try ordering black pudding from a swanky restaurant in Dubai and the waiter will look at you as if you have just dropped your guts.

18To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No problem with religion but it shouldn't be changing public policy in any sense.

from food service and street cleaning to the highest office in the land the PM.

serving "halal" meat because 4 out of 4000 people "believe" that it's right to torture animals is absolutely ridiculous.

19To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:33

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
I do find this slightly troubling. Most of the meat served by fast food places and a lot of supermarket meat is halal now for this reason.

If the animals are stunned before their throats are slit I assume they feel no pain and I have no moral problem with this, but why do we have to pander to minority religious practices? You don't find much tolerance for non-muslim religious beliefs in muslim countries.

The trouble is that Halal meat can't be prepared with normal meat in case there in contamination.

So shops risk losing the majority of their Asian customers if they don't use Halal, and for towns like Bolton that would be a big loss, so they can't really be blamed.

I don't really mind eating Halal meat, its not as if you would be able to tell the difference from a takeaway - which are usually the only places where it is the only option. But this inhumane treatment would be unacceptable.

20To stun or not to stun? Empty Re: To stun or not to stun? Tue Dec 04 2012, 20:38

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No problem with religion but it shouldn't be changing public policy in any sense.

Tbh I think I would have a problem with it even if it was only exclusively sold in shop for 'non stunned Halal meat', and not forced upon the public. - well it probably is actually.

Religion shouldn't be an excuse for animal cruelty, at all. Just as someone wouldn't/shouldn't be able to avoid punishment for a crime because it was ok in their religion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum