Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jacob Butterfield - loan extended for another month - Iles

+7
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Marc Iles tweeted this -

BWFC extend loan of Jacob Butterfield by one month. Late change of heart from Hughton, it seems! What do you guys think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Had a feeling this would happen with the tweet Iles put last night.

Good news all round, keep Mavies on his toes, a bit of competition.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pointless. Another signing straight out of the Owen Coyle handbook. Not good enough to play at Huddersfield but good enough to throw more wages at.

When are these dicks going to realise that signings should be BETTER than what we already have.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am pleased with this one. Once fully fit I can see him being a real handful.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Pointless. Another signing straight out of the Owen Coyle handbook. Not good enough to play at Huddersfield but good enough to throw more wages at.

When are these dicks going to realise that signings should be BETTER than what we already have.

act is tiresome.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

act is tiresome.

It's no act. Why keep signing/loaning players that the management don't deem good enough to play in the first 11?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good loan signing until Jan, when hopefully Dougie will be able to get one or two new faces in on permanent deals. I assume Norwich would be unwilling to let us have Butterfield full time though.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh shut the fuck up Whittam.

Butterfield is decent.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lt. Boon wrote:Good loan signing until Jan, when hopefully Dougie will be able to get one or two new faces in on permanent deals. I assume Norwich would be unwilling to let us have Butterfield full time though.

I doubt that last part very much, the Norwich fans seem to rate him very highly.

For the role of sitting behind the striker he plays it much better than Mark davies IMO.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Oh shut the fuck up Whittam.

Butterfield is decent.

Where did I say he wasn't?

The manager has decided he's not good enough for the first 11 but good enough to throw wages at as a "squad" player.

Don't you get that any signing should improve your first team? It's where Coyle went wrong time and time again.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is good enough to be in the starting 11, but as he's been out for months he isn't able to play from the start..

Now he's got Abit of match fitness behind him and we've got him from another month I fully expect him to start against Charlton.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

His first name is Jacob, Jacob, Jacob
His second name is Butterfield, Butterfield, Butterfield,
And that's the way we loan him, loan him, loan him,
In fact we f*cking loan him, loan him, loan him,
Woaah-woah-wooooahh x2'

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Oh shut the fuck up Whittam.

Butterfield is decent.

Where did I say he wasn't?

The manager has decided he's not good enough for the first 11 but good enough to throw wages at as a "squad" player.

Don't you get that any signing should improve your first team? It's where Coyle went wrong time and time again.

He rotates the squad, Butterfields just getting back from a long term injury, use your brain any idiot will tell you Butterfields at least better than Pratley and Andrews (I would of thought you'd rate him higher than Mavies too) he's worth having around.

Not to mention the fact you have no idea what percentage of his wages we are paying, and what his wages are at Norwich anyway!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

He rotates the squad, Butterfields just getting back from a long term injury, use your brain any idiot will tell you Butterfields at least better than Pratley and Andrews (I would of thought you'd rate him higher than Mavies too) he's worth having around.

Not to mention the fact you have no idea what percentage of his wages we are paying, and what his wages are at Norwich anyway!

This isn't about what I think.

I wouldn't argue that Butterfield is better than Pratley and Andrews, but Dougie clearly thinks otherwise as Andrews has been a regular in recent matches. If he thought Butterfield was better he'd have played at Hudderfield.

There is no point wasting money on squad players if they're not going to be regulars. I have no idea how many players Coyle signed/loaned in, but I'll bet more than 70% were no more than bench warmers. Dougie seems to be reading the same manual.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

This isn't about what I think.

I wouldn't argue that Butterfield is better than Pratley and Andrews, but Dougie clearly thinks otherwise as Andrews has been a regular in recent matches. If he thought Butterfield was better he'd have played at Hudderfield.

There is no point wasting money on squad players if they're not going to be regulars. I have no idea how many players Coyle signed/loaned in, but I'll bet more than 70% were no more than bench warmers. Dougie seems to be reading the same manual.

Au contraire milady - this is entirely about what you think.

As you have neatly sidestepped the various debates about "horses for courses", squad rotation, form players at a given time, suitability of a player for a particular game plan etc etc etc in order to make a very unsubtle claim, I would have suspected you were in WUM mode if I didn't know you are above such nonsense.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

As you have neatly sidestepped the various debates about "horses for courses", squad rotation, form players at a given time, suitability of a player for a particular game plan etc etc etc in order to make a very unsubtle claim, I would have suspected you were in WUM mode if I didn't know you are above such nonsense.

Squad rotation is generally used by big clubs with lots of superstars to keep happy.

Bolton aren't big and certainly don't have any superstars. Dougie's squad rotation is clearly a desperate attempt to hit upon a team/tactic that work. He actually did it at Blackburn, but then bottled it and brought back Mavies. We haven't won since.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Squad rotation is generally used by big clubs with lots of superstars to keep happy.

Bolton aren't big and certainly don't have any superstars. Dougie's squad rotation is clearly a desperate attempt to hit upon a team/tactic that work. He actually did it at Blackburn, but then bottled it and brought back Mavies. We haven't won since.

Rotation is also used to keep players fresh, to use the appropriate players at the appropriate time and many other reasons. You know that and so you tagged on the sweeping statement at the end for effect.

I must be really bored with work if I'm actually responding to this. Can't you tell us a joke or something? I'm having a relatively quiet day.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Rotation is also used to keep players fresh, to use the appropriate players at the appropriate time and many other reasons.

I would have no problem with it if it was yielding results, but we're still towards the bottom of the league having failed to beat the likes of Barnsley, Ipswich & Huddersfield.

New managers ae supposed to inspire something in the players - can you honestly say you've seen anything different?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen DF try a few things which is what you'd expect of a new manager. By now he and perhaps more importantly LL will have a handle on what this squad is capable of and I imagine a few changes will be made in Jan. Until then, the best we can hope for is steady improvement and by and large the performances have improved a little, but there's a long way to go before we are truly competitive and results start going our way more frequently.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha has a point .....

Loanees coming in seem better than "our" players. i.e. Wiltshere, Sturrige, Spearing, Butterfield, Adofe, etc It's supposed to be the other way around. Loanees come in to supplement a team if they have injuries for the most part. Our loanees keep our players out of the team or away from the bench. Most glaring example is Adofe keeping Sordell off the bench.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum