Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedmans reaction - ''We weren't consistent over the full 90 minutes''

+4
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Speaking in his post-match press conference Freedman said: “Sheffield Wednesday were very well organised. They made things difficult for us, but we didn’t put enough pressure on them. We needed a higher line to do that.

“As a result of this, that meant they had a lot more possession and were able to cause us problems.

“Defensively we struggled at times in the first half, but we addressed those problems after the restart.

“In the second half I thought we gave it a real good go. We upped the tempo, passed the ball well and showed lots of desire to get forward. I felt we were unfortunate not to get a goal.

“Overall we weren’t consistent over the full 90 minutes.

“January is coming up and we’ll be looking to strengthen in key positions. I know from experience how this difficult this division is, the hustle and bustle of it, and the demands placed on a squad.

“The players have shown me they have the quality. I feel if we are able to add experience it will improve our squad.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well, just got back from the game and I agree completely with the first sentence.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The players have shown me they have the quality.

Is he stupid or just pissed?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks freedman for ruining my boxing day...what the fuck! Wjy cant our wingersmake a run? They sit there waiting for a square pass...plus, whats the delay with goal kicks?

Im pissed off we sat back and still didnt look like we wanted a goal even when 1 down!

Megson no 2 ...he will be gone by march.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We need a higher line?

Its YOUR team you fucking cock!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

“In the second half I thought we gave it a real good go. We upped the tempo, passed the ball well and showed lots of desire to get forward. I felt we were unfortunate not to get a goal.

Why couldnt we do this from the start u nobhead!?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry on phone

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

The players have shown me they have the quality.

Freedman should resign just for saying this. If he thinks this we are in even bigger trouble than I thought.

Resign you dick.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:suicide:

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I like the smiley, I predict a lot of us will be using it this season.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nah, it's only a game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman is fucking useless, there have been no improvements whatsoever...the defence looks as clueless as ever.

Hipster, you mocked Mick McCarthy but I'm guessing you'll take that back now as he's made the worst team in the league half decent.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Personally I would have preferred him to say "look it wasn't good enough today, we will be addressing it".

"Unlucky not to get a goal" were we?
"upped the tempo"?
"lot's of desire to get forward" really?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Freedman is fucking useless, there have been no improvements whatsoever...the defence looks as clueless as ever.

Hipster, you mocked Mick McCarthy but I'm guessing you'll take that back now as he's made the worst team in the league half decent.

No, not really. As you'll see if you look back i was clear on McCarthy, I said "i don't doubt he'd have us in the playoffs" But if he did get us up, his record is so appalling in the premiership I'm not sure what the long term goal with him is.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

No, not really. As you'll see if you look back i was clear on McCarthy, I said "i don't doubt he'd have us in the playoffs" But if he did get us up, his record is so appalling in the premiership I'm not sure what the long term goal with him is.

WUM.

You'd rather be in a Championship relegation battle than be in the PL with McCarthy?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

WUM.

You'd rather be in a Championship relegation battle than be in the PL with McCarthy?

May have to read what i said again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

May have to read what i said again.

Ok, I read into your last post that you didn't want MM even though you accepted he'd have probably got us into the play-offs and maybe into the PL. But you don't want him because he'll get us relegated from the PL?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think i said "I'm not sure what the long term goal with him is"

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think i said "I'm not sure what the long term goal with him is"

We're not in a position to be thinking long-term. We need to be in the PL league ASAP for the sake of the club. I'd rather go up with MM and take our chances than fight a relegation battle under Dougie Coyle.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well we saw under Megson that the fans aren't interested in "just surviving" in the premiership, with boring football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum