Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you want from Freedmans First Five?

+10
xmiles
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
Lyric Todkill
Natasha Whittam
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well he's taking over now and he's got some rotten fixtures!

How many points do you think we should be getting?

Cardiff (H) - 1
Leicester (H) - 1
Blackpool (A) - 0
Barnsley (H) - 3
Brighton (A) - 1

That is my absolute best case scenario personally 6 points.

I suspect the reality will be closer to 1

How about you?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good post hipster. Well there is no reason we can't win those home games, but the current starting eleven are not good enough. I think 0-5 points would be a very bad start. 6 would be disappointing. 7 or 8 would be decent. 9 would be good and encouraging. 10 or 11 would be mighty impressive and 12-15 would be exceptional.

I would hope for 7 points minimum, we are capable of at least 7 IMO.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1 point against Barnsley, lose the rest. Unless Dougie makes mass changes.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No less

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'd be surprised if we got more than a point a game average out of those games - which in this division is relegation form.

I do think that the non deluded Wanderers fans know that Coyle as left behind a very, very weak team - no midfield at all, non goal scoring forwards (unless Sordell some how returns?), a very weak defence - Knight, Ream, Mills all seriously dodgy - Mears also questionable - with a keeper that gives goals away each game - and so know Freedman will not be winning many games anytime soon.

He will have to shore up the defence by playing two in front of them with three midfielders supporting a lone striker.

It's not going to be pretty but Coyle as left us with no alternative.

Thanks Owen.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think it's all coyle's fault the state of our midfield. NRC and Muamba are big misses - we didn't get any cash to replace them with and we are crying out for Holden to return. We have struggled with central midfielder for a long time now. I remember towards the end of the big Sam days, speed and campo were at the end of their careers and looking crap, Nolan was our of form and sold a year later, we had David Thompson and teymourian and Idan tal. It had been a problem area for a long time and the likes of Muamba and NRC were important players who we lost with no money to replace them with - hence having to make do with Keith Andrews and spearing. We can't put all the blame on coyle for our midfield.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The total we should be targeting is 15 points...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

11 points for me minimum, DF really needs to start well IMO of the boo boys will be out straight away at the bok IMO.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What are we more concerned with? Immediate results or reason to believe that he's what we need in the long-term? There's a difference! He could come in and be like a tonic for the first x months. It doesn't necessarily mean he's up to the job, tactically. Equally, he could come in, not turn it round results-wise straight away, but actually be tactically savvy and just in need of time.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

After listening to todays game it's obvious we've problems all over the place.

Sorry, but Bogdan is not good enough cost us another goal today our defence straight across the back four not good enough, feel really pizzed off tonight.
9 points probably finish up mid-table.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

On present form I wouldn't expect more than 4 points from the next 5 games. Freedman has a massive challenge to turn our season round. Keeping Coyle after his incompetence got us relegated has left us in this awful position.

Any thing better than 7 points would make me think that maybe Freedman can do it, but for god's sake give the guy a chance.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cardiff (H) - 0

Just can't see us getting owt against an on form Cardiff!

Leicester (H) - 1

Dougie's first point, won't be enough for our fans though!

Blackpool (A) - 1

They're off form, but dangerous! It'll be a high scoring game 3-3 maybe even 4-4.

Barnsley (H) - 3

Two previous draws have given us confidence, we win this easy and keep a clean sheet for the first time in memory!

Brighton (A) - 3

Brighton are a found out team, we win our first visit to the Amex and the play-off race is on!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd settle for zero points if he has the nads to start from scratch with the youngsters and play a system that suits them. Better to start building for the future instead of flogging a dead horse.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

6 - 8 Points is realistic IMO. More important however is how quickly he can get the defensive part of the game sorted. This team expects to concede in every game and is devoid of confidence from back to front. Two clean sheets in the home games against Cardiff and Leicester even if it means two 0-0's would be very positive and give us something to build on.

I'm new to fans forums as you can see. I have supported Bolton since 1977 [Ian Greaves era] and was a season ticket holder most seasons up until the 1st season we were relegated from the Prem at the Reebok [the "goal" we didn't get against Everton]. Since then I lost enthusiasm for the game generally but have taken an interest again in the last year or so and bought a season ticket for this year.

I have enjoyed it despite some mixed performances, to say the least, and travelled to Boro yesterday, but for those who think this lot are bobbins you should have seen some of the rubbish served up in the late 80's and early nineties. Very Happy

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So you followed Bolton through the 80's (the worst period in the clubs history) and then abandoned the club right before the best period in the clubs history bar the 1920's? OUCH!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:6 - 8 Points is realistic IMO. More important however is how quickly he can get the defensive part of the game sorted. This team expects to concede in every game and is devoid of confidence from back to front. Two clean sheets in the home games against Cardiff and Leicester even if it means two 0-0's would be very positive and give us something to build on.

Great first post. You are right, defence is key. We haven't struggled to create chances but it's no good having to score 3 goals every game to win one.

I don't know how Dougie plans to do this, a good start would be to change the goalkeeper.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We should be getting 8 - 10

At the start of this season everyone said we had enough good players to do well in this league, last season everyone said we had enough good players to stay up.

Coyle is the reason we are doing so badly now, we still have good enough players in my opinion. Just because we lost to Middlesbrough hasn't changed that.

I think we will be in the top 6 at the end of the season.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lt. Boon wrote:So you followed Bolton through the 80's (the worst period in the clubs history) and then abandoned the club right before the best period in the clubs history bar the 1920's? OUCH!

Not clever really looking back, but the promotion year in 77 was brilliant. I was only a kid then but remember 35,000 plus at a packed Burnden Park and the atmosphere was fantastic. Even the downward slope had some good days and the march back up the leagues from from Div 4 to the Premier league were great times, with plenty of giant killing to boot.

I guess the reality of supporting any football club is to appreciate the good times because there is always plenty of disappointment as well.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello and welcome Nick.

We aren't fussed here if you've supported Bolton continuously or not - just that you still care is what matters to us.

Look forward to reading your future thoughts and comments on the club and anything else you care to chat about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum