Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunderland 0-2 Bolton - FA Cup Replay

+16
Bernard Dennis Park
Lofty_Love
terenceanne
observer
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Sunderland 0-2 Bolton - FA Cup Replay Empty Sunderland 0-2 Bolton - FA Cup Replay Mon Jan 14 2013, 11:07

Well we take on Premier League Sunderland on Tuesday evening for the right to play Everton in the next round.

Do we have a chance? Will Freedman pick the players he should have picked for the Millwall game? Does anyone really care?

Last edited by Passi on Thu Jan 17 2013, 12:02; edited 1 time in total

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

1) couldn't really give a shit.

2) we will get totally hammered away at Sunderland.

3) he will play several of the reserves, most of them will have a blinding game but wont even make the bench at our next league game.

4) its almost a certainty there will be a penalty.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Positve attitude as usual I see RR. Very Happy

Shows what I know, I thought the game was Wednesday. IMO our best chance was at the reebok and after seeing them against West ham we will have to play very well to even take it to extra time but you never know, football is a funny old game.

3-1 Sunderland with Sordell to pinch one for us.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

3) he will play several of the reserves, most of them will have a blinding game but wont even make the bench at our next league game.

Where's the evidence of this? Lonergan played well in the first leg, and there's certainly an argument for him to play. But who else had a 'blinder' and then failed to make the bench against Milwall?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland were impressive at the weekend and looked like a different team than the one that turned up late at the Reebok, so it's likely to be a lot tougher proposition than the home game. So why not take the opportunity to rest some of the weary legs and try something different with both selection and system?

Worst scenario is that the same eleven that started at the Reebok on Saturday are rolled out again - we'll learn nothing and just have a bunch of knackered players who will be expected to do it all again in the next match. We are paying for a squad so why not use it when expectations are low and it's not so critical? Can't lose situation IMO.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's hope the weather doesn't cause a postponement. We could do with getting this one out of the way asap. I can't there being a big Wanderers following on a cold night in the north east.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Where's the evidence of this? Lonergan played well in the first leg, and there's certainly an argument for him to play. But who else had a 'blinder' and then failed to make the bench against Milwall?

We caused a Premier League defence problems with a bit of pace in attack, Sordell especially.

When the Millwall game came around it was back to lumping it to Kevin Davies. When will these managers learn?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Sordell was "shit" and "the worst signing ever" and "the biggest waste of money in the clubs history"

the fact of the matter is, who ever is not playing should be and whoever is playing is "shit"

Once Sordell comes in and has a poor game, you guessed it! He'll be "shit" again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I thought Sordell was "shit" and "the worst signing ever" and "the biggest waste of money in the clubs history"

the fact of the matter is, who ever is not playing should be and whoever is playing is "shit"

Once Sordell comes in and has a poor game, you guessed it! He'll be "shit" again.

I think it's time for a new act, you've used the same argument on your last 50 posts.

Shame, you used to be a decent poster.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sunderland 4 Bolton 1

Keith Andrews to score our goal from the penalty spot.

I'm more interested in the Palarse game than this one to be honest. A must not lose if Dougie is to save face.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I thought Sordell was "shit" and "the worst signing ever" and "the biggest waste of money in the clubs history"

I think it's time for a new act, you've used the same argument on your last 50 posts.

Shame, you used to be a decent poster.

I love it when you use irony. Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

But you have no idea what proper Bolton fans really think - have you actually met a Bolton fan in the last 5 years? Have you been insde the Reebok in the last 5 years?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

But you have no idea what proper Bolton fans really think - have you actually met a Bolton fan in the last 5 years? Have you been insde the Reebok in the last 5 years?

accusing people of not going to games is off limits, espeically in game threads nat.

To quote someone who threatened to ban me because of it.

"people don't like the be told they weren't at the game"

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

accusing people of not going to games is off limits, espeically in game threads nat.

We both know I run this forum, I doubt these mods actually exist as they never step in.

You seem to delight in knowing what Bolton fans will say or do, yet you haven't been near a game in years.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon we'll win this.

Fresh faces in the starting 11 with Holden and vela in the centre. Sordell upfront with eaves and Lonergan between the sticks again.

1-2

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think it is part of the job description for mods not to go to games!

It's a few years since I was last at the Reebok and at my age and with my personal commitments I can't see me going again anytime soon. Poor Keegan hasn’t even been to the Reebok yet, living on the other side of the pond!

The reason why I and no doubt many others too, first became members on forums like this was to find out how the team was doing from fans who actually did attend games.

When I started on the forums the Reebok was always a sell out - these days we only had what 7,000 or so attend the Sunderland game recently - so there's more that don't go these days - than those that do!

I'd love to turn the clock back to a time where I lived in Bolton, had no commitments like a Mrs, kids and a mortgage and going to the game was a chance to meet up with my mates and have a good laugh but those days are long gone for me now.

Enjoy the game those of you that go but please don't be too hard on us that don't as most of us are there with you in spirit if not in body.

(Either that or we are just shit fans!).

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

We both know I run this forum, I doubt these mods actually exist as they never step in.

You seem to delight in knowing what Bolton fans will say or do, yet you haven't been near a game in years.

call it experience, and a regular perusal of twitter.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sluffy wrote:I think it is part of the job description for mods not to go to games!

It's a few years since I was last at the Reebok and at my age and with my personal commitments I can't see me going again anytime soon. Poor Keegan hasn’t even been to the Reebok yet, living on the other side of the pond!

The reason why I and no doubt many others too, first became members on forums like this was to find out how the team was doing from fans who actually did attend games.

When I started on the forums the Reebok was always a sell out - these days we only had what 7,000 or so attend the Sunderland game recently - so there's more that don't go these days - than those that do!

I'd love to turn the clock back to a time where I lived in Bolton, had no commitments like a Mrs, kids and a mortgage and going to the game was a chance to meet up with my mates and have a good laugh but those days are long gone for me now.

Enjoy the game those of you that go but please don't be too hard on us that don't as most of us are there with you in spirit if not in body.

(Either that or we are just shit fans!).

Call yourself a mod, you should be ashamed and would like to turn the clock back to when you had no kids, you're a sick man! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just look at the crowd back in 93 when we played Liverpool in the FA Cup. ( The game that Sluffy highlighted ). We had a decent away following back then. I wonder how many of them still go today?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manager reveals that both Stuart Holden and Josh Vela could feature in Tuesday night's cup tie at Sunderland
Dougie Freedman has confirmed that long-term absentees Stuart Holden and Josh Vela will be in the squad for Tuesday night’s FA Cup third round replay at Sunderland.

Holden made a 65 minute appearance for the development squad last week along with Vela, who was an unused substitute in the weekend's draw against Millwall.

Freedman is looking forward to the two players returning but also stressed the importance on not rushing Holden’s comeback to the first team.

Speaking in Monday’s press conference, the manager said: "Josh and Stuart will be involved tomorrow night. I don’t know if they’ll play but they’ll be in the squad. I think the two have proved their fitness in the last three or four weeks.

"It’s very difficult for Stuart in particular. We’ve got to be very careful. With Josh it’s a little bit easier as he’s only had three or four months out. They’re two good players to have around the squad again."

The American’s return is a delight for the manager who paid tribute to his positivity throughout injury.

He said: "I must pay credit to him and the mental strength he’s shown and also to the way he handles himself around the place. Josh Vela’s been out injured and Stuart’s pretty much taken him under his wing and helped him through injury.

"He’s a fantastic lad to have around the place and he’s been fantastic in training. He’s got one more hurdle to go – to get in the team – and he deserves it."

Freedman believes his side have a chance of progressing to the fourth round if they play as they did at the Reebok.

"I felt we played very well for 70 minutes against a Premier League side and we were 2-0 up. I feel that we possibly deserved to win the game."

He added: "We go up there full of confidence, knowing that if can we produce what we produced at home then we’ve got a chance of winning this game."

New signing Craig Davies will not be available until the weekend and David Wheater and Mark Davies remain sidelined.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum