Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup Replay)

+20
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
okocha
Keegan
Blackhand
observer
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
scottjames30
Bolton Nuts
Mr Magoo
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup Replay) Empty Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup Replay) Mon Feb 02 2015, 23:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next up and coming game is on Wednesday at the Macron stadium and is the FA Cup replay where we drew 0-0 at Anfield.

With us losing 4-2 against Rotherham just after the FA Cup game against Liverpool and the 2-2 draw against Wolves at home.

I feel that Brenden Rogers will put a full strength squad out and will want to kill the game as soon as possible so they can carry on in their quest for a piece of silverware this season!

I feel that this will be a difficult game for us and if any of our new squad players feature then I feel that it will be a tough game for them as they try to bed in with Neil Lennon's tactics and fitness regimes.

Here the last 3 Bolton v Liverpool FA Cup stats to help make up your minds on the score!

Liverpool 0-0 Bolton
Liverpool 0-2 Bolton
Bolton 2-2 Liverpool

I feel that the result will be in Liverpool's favour.

My prediction: Bolton 0-2 Liverpool

How do you all feel we will do?

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Feb 04 2015, 21:55; edited 1 time in total

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

2-1 we will win a hard game.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm pretty excited about this one! Been looking forward to it loads!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I'm pretty excited about this one! Been looking forward to it loads!

What do you think the score will be Biggie? Smile

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not so sure now Sturridge is back, I think he'll be too dangerous.

I hope I'm wrong.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We rode our luck before.....can't see it again with all the injuries etc.... 1-3 Pool.

All we can ask is to do ourselves proud and put the effort in.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: East takes the whistle for cup clash

Roger East will officiate Bolton Wanderers' fourth round FA Cup clash with Liverpool this Wednesday.

One of the most recent recruits to the Premier League’s team of officials, East impressed in the 2012/13 season earning his place as a permanent top flight referee.

Taking charge of 19 games so far this season, the Wiltshire based referee has dished out 74 yellow cards and one red.

Wednesday will be East’s first ever trip to Macron Stadium, having never officiated a Bolton Wanderers game during his career. He last reffed a Liverpool match back in October 2012 when the Reds beat Reading 1-0 at Anfield.

Stephen Child and Richard West will run the line while Stuart Attwell is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I fear a bit of drubbing tomorrow - Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho will put us to sword sadly.

Bolton 1-4 Liverpool.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I don't know how we can win but you never know... 3-0 Bolton, kp.

Do you reckon he will chuck all our new signings in, and will Lonners be rested? Who would you pick?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I don't know how we can win but you never know... 3-0 Bolton, kp.

Do you reckon he will chuck all our new signings in, and will Lonners be rested? Who would you pick?

He has nothing to lose by sticking all the new players in to be honest.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Liverpool

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers take on Liverpool at Macron Stadium on Wednesday night with an away trip to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup fifth round up for grabs.

The Whites will come into the fixture confident they can get a result following their performance at Anfield, looking to build on their unbeaten run at Macron Stadium under Neil Lennon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brendan Rodgers’ side also looks strong however, having lost just one of their last 12 matches in all competitions.

TEAM NEWS

Darren Pratley (hamstring) will miss Wanderers’ clash with Liverpool after being ruled out for the next six to eight weeks.

All seven of the Whites’ January signings are ineligible having not been registered by the club before the original tie at Anfield.

Craig Davies (hamstring) could return but Adam Bogdan (ankle) and Emile Heskey (hamstring) will again miss out.  

Marc Tierney (leg), Mark Davies and Max Clayton (both knee) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST LIVERPOOL XI (v West Ham, W2-0)

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Markovic (Sturridge 68), Henderson, Lucas, Moreno, Lallana, Coutinho (Ibe 81) Sterling

ONE TO WATCH

Having endured five injury-plagued months since his last appearance for Liverpool back in August 2014, former Wanderers loanee Daniel Sturridge made his return to first team football last Saturday, much to the delight of the Reds supporters.

Facing West Ham United at Anfield, the striker took just 11 minutes to find the back of the net having joined the action as a substitute in the 68th minute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Starting his youth career with spells at Aston Villa, Coventry City and Manchester City, Sturridge made his first team debut for the latter in 2007.

The England international went on to sign for Chelsea in July 2009, later spending six months on loan at Bolton Wanderers where he scored eight goals in 12 appearances during his time at Macron Stadium.

A Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League winner during his time with the Blues, Sturridge joined Liverpool in 2013 and has scored 37 goals in 53 matches for the club to date.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE (Bolton Wanderers 3-1 Liverpool, 21 January 2012)

Bolton Wanderers put in one of their performances of the season the last time Liverpool visited Macron Stadium, recording a 3-1 victory over the Merseysiders at BL6.

Mark Davies opened the scoring for the Whites early on having drifted through midfield before finding the bottom corner from the edge of the area, before Nigel Reo-Coker doubled Bolton’s lead with a close-range chest and volley.

Craig Bellamy pulled one back for Liverpool, racing onto Andy Carroll’s flick-on before slotting home, but Gretar Steinsson sealed the win early in the second half as he volleyed home David Wheater’s knock-down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

None of the new players can play as I understand it. Because it's a replay.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We may be able to put up a defensive rearguard action, but we need to offer some sort of goal threat at the other end. Clough may start but may not do 90 mins so wondering what Lennon will do for striking options? Mills?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I'm going to be positive and say we can nick the win here but I'm more than a little worried about Daniel Sturridge tbh. The defence need to be on their toes because if he gets a sniff it will be in the net. 
If a chance comes our way tonight we need to take it.
I'll go for 2-1. Clough and Danns the scorers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see us winning, but it would be nice to push them close.

They're obviously great in attack but their defence is pants and Clough and Gudjohnsen (or whoever else plays) can certainly reap the rewards.

I hope he reverts to a proper back 4, we can't just sit back tonight.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can't see us winning

Definite win for us then

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Can't see us winning

Definite win for us then
As long as Bredders isn't going, even if he comes on chat box i expect Nat to kick him straight away Wink

I don't mean physically kick him, that would be cruel

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Inside Euxton: Wanderers' pre-Liverpool training session:

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Come On Bolton  ::bwfc::

Sponsored content