Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will I Ever Play For BWFC?

+9
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
Bernard Dennis Park
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
summercummings
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

England women's cricketer Sarah Taylor is likely to play for Sussex when the new cricket season starts in April as it is thought she is as good as the men.

This is good news. But can you ever see a time when a woman will play for Bolton Wanderers?

Let's face it, 30 years ago football was probably too rough for women to play wih men, but nowadays footballers are all tarts who prefer rolling around on the floor to tackling. Indeed, judging by one or two decisions at the weekend it seems tackling is soon to be outlawed in professioanl football. In fact, if a woman joined BWFC she'd probably be considered a "hard man" compared to Chris Eagles and David Ngog.

It might be too late for me to pull on the famous white shirt, but in 10 years I fully expect women to be playing professional football with the men. Can you see it happening?

2Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:54

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:England women's cricketer Sarah Taylor is likely to play for Sussex when the new cricket season starts in April as it is thought she is as good as the men.

This is good news. But can you ever see a time when a woman will play for Bolton Wanderers?

Let's face it, 30 years ago football was probably too rough for women to play wih men, but nowadays footballers are all tarts who prefer rolling around on the floor to tackling. Indeed, judging by one or two decisions at the weekend it seems tackling is soon to be outlawed in professioanl football. In fact, if a woman joined BWFC she'd probably be considered a "hard man" compared to Chris Eagles and David Ngog.

It might be too late for me to pull on the famous white shirt, but in 10 years I fully expect women to be playing professional football with the men. Can you see it happening?

no.

3Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:54

summercummings

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Judging by Eagles recent form I'd suggest it's already happened.

4Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

no.

Why not though? The difference between men and women is smaller than ever.

5Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 09:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:England women's cricketer Sarah Taylor is likely to play for Sussex when the new cricket season starts in April as it is thought she is as good as the men.

Sign her up Dougie. If your ability is a tenth as good as you crack it up to be, you'd walk into the first team. I urge you to book a trial so you can show us exactly where we've gone wrong. You may have to forego the Wispas and social media for a while though, but I'm sure you're willing to make that sacrifice for the club you claim to love.

6Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Sign her up Dougie. If your ability is a tenth as good as you crack it up to be, you'd walk into the first team. I urge you to book a trial so you can show us exactly where we've gone wrong. You may have to forego the Wispas and social media for a while though, but I'm sure you're willing to make that sacrifice for the club you claim to love.

Thank-you. Unfortunately I don't fit into the new transfer policy at the club. I'm not young and I'm not cheap.

7Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:03

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Are you hungry? or well fed?

8Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Are you hungry? or well fed?

I'm a size 10. I'm definitely hungry for success with BWFC, but I don't think I could work with Dougie.

9Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:23

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

no.

Why not though? The difference between men and women is smaller than ever.

Smaller than ever, but still huge.

I enjoyed watching women's football at the Olympics, but some of the play (tackling in particular) is absolutely comical.

10Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:26

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I certainly hope its improved from this:

2nd goal, what a finish

11Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 10:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Smaller than ever, but still huge.

I enjoyed watching women's football at the Olympics, but some of the play (tackling in particular) is absolutely comical.

But womens football is progressing while mens football is going backwards. One day soon they will meet in the middle.

I fully expect you to be chanting "...there's only one Tracy McGinlay" inside 10 years.

12Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Thank-you. Unfortunately I don't fit into the new transfer policy at the club. I'm not young and I'm not cheap.

That said, you do advocate buying 30 somethings who've been around the block a bit, are willing to give everything for the team, enjoy a good firm tackle, have perfect touch and balance, like to get into the box at every opportunity, spread the play and spray it around. I'm sure you could sell the vision if you put your mind to it.

13Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 13:09

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not likely in Europe ....but there is a Brazillian girl called Marta playing in the women's league in America .... looks like Ronaldo on the ball and so far above the other women. She could play for Man City without breaking a sweat.

14Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 13:13

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No woman is good enough to play for Bolton Wanderers. Not a fucking chance. I saw some of the womens football at the Olympics and I am better than every single female footballer in the world. I am pretty good though.

15Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:No woman is good enough to play for Bolton Wanderers. Not a fucking chance. I saw some of the womens football at the Olympics and I am better than every single female footballer in the world. I am pretty good though.

Shut up you bellend, you haven't kicked a football since 1988 when you were picked last in the school playground.

16Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:No woman is good enough to play for Bolton Wanderers. Not a fucking chance. I saw some of the womens football at the Olympics and I am better than every single female footballer in the world. I am pretty good though.

Shut up you bellend, you haven't kicked a football since 1988 when you were picked last in the school playground.

Id run rings round the lot of you...

17Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We're already paying for Twitter addiction counselling. We don't want a BN addict as well.

18Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 14:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:We're already paying for Twitter addiction counselling. We don't want a BN addict as well.

:dontgetit:

19Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Shut up you bellend, you haven't kicked a football since 1988 when you were picked last in the school playground.

Listen here lanky, I was ace at football when I was at school. Several clubs in the north west were after me. Women and drugs ruined everything though.

20Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Empty Re: Will I Ever Play For BWFC? Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Women are shit at football.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum