Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt?

+7
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Off to AC Milan for £22 million.

AC Milan have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli on a four-and-a-half-year contract, the Italian club's director Umberto Gandini has confirmed.

Former Inter Milan striker Balotelli, 22, will have a medical in Milan on Wednesday before signing his contract.

An initial fee of 22m euros (£19m) is believed to have been paid, rising to 25m euros (£22m) with add-ons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21251291

Why are we so scared to spend!?

2Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get this whole MARIOLADOTELLI "BATNZ"

I don't find him in the least bit funny and he's not even that a good player.

3Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 20:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems we become happier by the day to celebrate utterly horrible people, because "they got banter!!!"

4Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 21:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He comes across as a total fcuking headcase. I reckon Mancini is happy to see the back of him.

5Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 21:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote: he's not even that a good player.

Couldn't agree more.

6Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 21:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like how he gives money to homeless people and pays for random people's petrol.

He's shit at football though

7Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 21:50

Premier League's more interesting with him in it, I'd rather have him here to be honest.

He's got plenty of talent, not to the extent some make out but if he was ever to sort his attitude out and play consistently he'll score plenty of goals.

8Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 21:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's hard to believe he is only 22. I think he has probably been badly advised by his agent and he has too many hangers on who take him for a ride.

If he could settle down and find a decent woman he has the potential to be a good player but at the moment he is always dogged by controversy. Being filmed in the early hours of the morning coming out of a nightclub and puffing on a stogey is not the ideal role model for a professional footballer.

9Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 22:13

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes I think it's a loss to the premier league him leaving. The thing with Mario is like RT says he is only 22, he really does have so much ability if only he concentrated on his football. I think ferguson would be the best manager to try and sort him out.

He really never did much for city, I think for city it's perhaps for the best he leaves but they never got the best out of him. The wheels seem to be coming off at city. Some of their recent signings like Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia, etc have looked very poor. They are shit in Europe too. I think they could do with splashing some serious cash!

10Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 22:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They only managed a 0-0 away at QPR tonight. All that money and not even in the last 16 of the Champions League.

11Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:Some of their recent signings like Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia, etc have looked very poor. They are shit in Europe too. I think they could do with splashing some serious cash!

Rodwell & Sinclair were two of the worst buys ever.

They will be rich young men, but they'll regret the move on their deathbed.

12Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 29 2013, 22:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sinclair was okay at Swansea but he has hardly had a sniff at City. I wouldn't mind Sinclair on loan at the Reebok, perhaps Flanners can arrange it?

13Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Wed Jan 30 2013, 09:50

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Copper Dragon wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote: he's not even that a good player.

Couldn't agree more.

hes too lightweight...

14Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He has potential to be one of the best IMO, but with his attitude he will always be the player that never lived up to his potential.

It would be an interesting squad with him, Barton and Diouf in it that's for sure.

15Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Wed Jan 30 2013, 12:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm sorry he's gone. Lets face it ,even if he had stayed at City there's no guarantee we'd ever have to face him in a league match.
In terms of football as a sport he was a disaster. In terms of football as recreation and entertainment- he was a genius. He was colourful for all the wrong reasons. Better than some of the dour players who play in that league. Be honest- have you ever really enjoyed a post match interview with the likes of Ryan Giggs or Steve Gerrard? Dour ,miserable,self -centred,bad tempered and inarticulate!

16Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Wed Jan 30 2013, 13:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't really get the argument that he's good for the league.

ok, i spose in a sort of "freak show" kind of way.

All he does is act like a complete prick and get sent off. In between he scores a couple of goals and has largely been completely terrible.

He does have raw skills but he'll never be a top player with his attitude.

17Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Wed Jan 30 2013, 13:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think he's good for football at all- certainly the Prem won't be worse for his absence from a footballing perspective. But he's such a total head-the-ball with his antics that he's good for amusement purposes.
I'll miss what the clown is up to.

18Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Thu Jan 31 2013, 09:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

See what I mean? The clown arrives in Milan,goes to a restaurant there are fights in the street and the riot police are called out. Show me another player,particularly a UK one,who would evoke a response like this.

19Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Thu Jan 31 2013, 11:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:See what I mean? The clown arrives in Milan,goes to a restaurant there are fights in the street and the riot police are called out. Show me another player,particularly a UK one,who would evoke a response like this.

I'm pretty sure if Zat Knight ate out in Bolton he'd get his head kicked in and the police would have to be called.

20Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Mario Balotelli - Worth a punt? Thu Jan 31 2013, 11:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably to join in kicking his head in!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum