Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies back training

+5
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mark Davies back training Empty Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies is now back training...

"I am working to a plan and gradually building up work with the first team," says the midfielder Mark Davies has expressed his joy as the midfielder returned to training this week after missing the last two months with a shoulder injury.

The 24-year-old sustained the injury against Huddersfield at the beginning of December, but the central-midfielder joined back up with the first team at Euxton
on Monday. Davies has been pleased with the speed of his recovery and can’t wait to get back out onto the field, but he insists that he faces tough competition if he wants to regain his place back in Dougie Freedman’s side.

"I am progressing well,” Davies said. “Because of the nature of the injury, I have been able to get back to fitness work relatively quickly, so I have been able to keep up on track with that.

"Obviously there's a difference with match fitness and match sharpness but
hopefully I won't be too far off the pace when I come back. I am working to a scheduled plan as regards to rehab and gradually building up work with the first team. It's always frustrating when you are injured because you want to be out there playing your part."

"The Manager has been great with me and I have been well looked after by the medical staff."

“There’s real competition for places Darren Pratley and Jay Spearing have been
doing well and Josh Vela has come in and shown his quality, while Medo Kamara joined us in the transfer window and of course we have Keith Andrews who's out injured at the moment, and Stuart Holden is coming through too, so we have a real fight on to get in the team.

“My target is to get back as soon as I can and look to work hard and get in the team.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things are starting to look a lot more positive now our injured players are finally coming back Very Happy

3Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think there'll be room for Davies and holden!

4Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:16

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tweak the formation from 2 DM's and 1 AM to 1 DM and 2 AM's.

---------Medo---------
--Holden---Mavies--

5Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

All fully fit and on form, Medo, Holden and Mavies in midfield would be deadly in this league.

6Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What about vela?

7Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:23

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:What about vela?

He can come off the bench for now with a view to being Stu Holden's long term replacement.

8Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 17:54

Glad to see him back, wonder if Natasha still thinks we'd be a better team with him out of the side?

9Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 18:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Glad to see him back, wonder if Natasha still thinks we'd be a better team with him out of the side?

Probably!

10Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 18:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Glad to see him back, wonder if Natasha still thinks we'd be a better team with him out of the side?

were a better team with whoever is on the bench and without whoever is on the pitch.

I think that sums it up.

11Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 18:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great, we'll soon be back Mavies-spotting when he goes missing for 85 minutes every week.

12Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 18:29

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

In Natashas defence he hardly set the league alight with his performances in the first 12 games. In fact he was poor in sept and oct. Great to see him back and hopefully he can get straight back in to he swing off things. If he gets back to the form he showed in November we will find ourselves clear from danger.

13Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 18:36

WhiteBic wrote:In Natashas defence he hardly set the league alight with his performances in the first 12 games. In fact he was poor in sept and oct. Great to see him back and hopefully he can get straight back in to he swing off things. If he gets back to the form he showed in November we will find ourselves clear from danger.

Disagree I thought he was one of our better players throughout the opening 12 games, he manages to hold onto the ball and use it well which cant be said for most of our midfield unfortunately. Whenever I've seen him play this season he's looked a class above we'll be a better team with him back.

14Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 19:44

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:
WhiteBic wrote:In Natashas defence he hardly set the league alight with his performances in the first 12 games. In fact he was poor in sept and oct. Great to see him back and hopefully he can get straight back in to he swing off things. If he gets back to the form he showed in November we will find ourselves clear from danger.

Disagree I thought he was one of our better players throughout the opening 12 games, he manages to hold onto the ball and use it well which cant be said for most of our midfield unfortunately. Whenever I've seen him play this season he's looked a class above we'll be a better team with him back.

Agree,we have missed him,he is the only midfielder we have who will run straight through the middle at a defence,it creates panic and chances for himself and anyone around him,get him back asap.Him, Chungy,Holden and another ( not Pratley obviously) can boss any midfield they play against.

15Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 20:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:

Agree,we have missed him,he is the only midfielder we have who will run straight through the middle at a defence,it creates panic and chances for himself and anyone around him,get him back asap.Him, Chungy,Holden and another ( not Pratley obviously) can boss any midfield they play against.

Mark Davies has less "assists" than Ricketts this season. Not sure he's the creative midfielder people think he is.

16Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:33

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes we have missed him because he hit a bit of consistency after he scored against Cardiff. Even that was a fairly average game for his standards. But like I said he was poor for most of the first quarter of our season. I went to most games and against Palace, Burnley, Hull, Watford , birmingham he was poor. He is a luxury player and when things aren't going our way he goes missing.

Okay he has a knack of running through a few players and setting up the odd goal. But he was part of a non existent midfield that left our poor back four exposed time and time again. Disagreeing means you either don't go to games or you have been watching a completely different games to most of the ESL.

17Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davies will play better when Holden is back in the squad.

18Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:43

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Those 2 and muamba was a great midfield unit. One of the reasons we was in the top half of the prem for so long the season before last.

19Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Wed Feb 06 2013, 21:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. We have missed Muamba mopping things up at the back. Funnily enough, I am going to a Sportsmans evening on Saturday night after the Burnley game and the guest is Fabrice himself. I have one ticket spare at £20 so if anyone fancies a 3 course meal just PM me for details.

20Mark Davies back training Empty Re: Mark Davies back training Thu Feb 07 2013, 08:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe dougie has realised the same as us, looked back to when we were so good under coyle with a workhorse behind Holden and mavies.
Hence the signing of kamara

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum