Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Kevin Davies..

+13
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Keegan
Jingizu99
aaron_bwfc
Jamster26
chris_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Triumph
Bernard Dennis Park
jayjay23
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 01:43

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Did anyone read the interview with Kevin Davies? I thought it was a great insight into things...

I won't be allowed to publish the whole thing here but here are some snippits...

"arriving for my trial (with Bolton) which was a bit of a fall from grace"

" I have had interest from other clubs, particularly in January last year. We seriously considered as a family both Houston Dynamo and Sunderland.

It's hard to be the captain of the team and not be able to lead your boys out on to the pitch. My pride was hurt."

"You're not fit to wear the shirt" and "we pay your wages" are common expressions we have all heard during a football match. I think as a team we expect to be booed off if we are under performing as a team. It is when it becomes directed at an individual that the real damage is done..."

"picked up some injuries too: broken foot, fractured cheek bone, three broken fingers, and a dislocated finger.

(but)

I think I can count on one hand how many times a Physio has entered the pitch to treat me and think I have only left the field of play once through injury."

"The club has always come first with me and we are under no illusions it is going to take an almighty effort from everyone to get us back into The Premier League."

Part One

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Part Two
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 09:56

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The only time the physio has ever come on to treat Kevin Davies was when he broke his cheek bone. He got up and played on until he got sent off. I remember when he broke his foot. He came to the side of the pitch, had an injection in his foot and went back on and played on. Same when he broke his finger.

It's quite amazing really. I doubt their is another player in the league who can say the same.

3Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 10:15

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Thanks for the memories SKD we wont forget you.

4Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 11:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he has been a fantastic servant to our club for over 10 years, i hope the club can find a role for him when he retires

5Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 13:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"arriving for my trial (with bolton) which was Abit of a fall from grace"

Tosser

6Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 13:20

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Boggersbelief wrote:"arriving for my trial (with bolton) which was Abit of a fall from grace"

Tosser

But still had the same commitment then as now "I literally went there and worked my socks off trying to impress him."

7Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 13:24

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's honest, respect him for that.

8Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 13:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He's a top pro, it's a shame he isn't a few years younger or I reckon he would have had a great partnership with craig davies.

9Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 13:52

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I remember seeing him dislocate his finger in a tussle in the box. He stepped off the field, got it popped back in, carried on. No wussing about for Super Kev.

10Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 13:57

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That was against West Ham I think. He'd been out injured for a few weeks and we really missed his presence and impact up front. He came back into the side, scored and got us a very important win over the Spammers.

11Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:24

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Super Kev is a true professional and more - he genuinely values the club as more than just an employer, and wants to do well for us. Good lad. I still think he is just an impact player for us now, but if we go up at the end of the season, I'd like him to come with us - if only to be able to retire as a Premiership player.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:25

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hate it when so called fans put him down, he,s a tough bastard alright i like him big time.

13Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whos put him down?

14Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

there has been a lot of SKD bashing on this site and others which i find strange after all he has contributed to BWFC over the years.

15Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He,s the type of bloke as a dad you'd be happy dating your daughter.

16Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 14:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How old is your daughter?

17Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 17:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Whos put him down?

JayJay23

18Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 17:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sick of people bashing the Kevin Davies bashers.

19Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 17:13

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm sick of people bashing the Kevin Davies-bashers bashers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Amazing Kevin Davies.. Empty Re: Amazing Kevin Davies.. Sat Mar 02 2013, 17:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jingizu99 wrote:I remember seeing him dislocate his finger in a tussle in the box. He stepped off the field, got it popped back in, carried on. No wussing about for Super Kev.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum