Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zach Clough to be unleashed!

+11
Boggersbelief
Lofty_Love
chipbutty
Dinae Moe Humm
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
Jamster26
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman is ready to unleash young striker Zach Clough on the first-team before the end of the season despite being involved in the play-off hunt.

The 18-year-old has been a star for the club's Under-18 side this season and has recently travelled with the first-team, and Freedman insists he is ready to use him.

"He's someone we identified right away when I came through the door," Freedman told the Bolton News.

"He's been travelling with the team and in squads and you're going to see someone you really like when he gets on the pitch.

"I'm excited for you guys to see him because then you can start writing about it.

"He's a great young guy who could just possibly help us through this last couple of games.

"I love working with young players and it really makes my day to get them on the pitch.

"Sometimes it's a crime in football just working with what you have got. I like working with someone like Zach - someone who you don't quite know what they've got, but it's something I like."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great, and i hope he's serious. If we've got someone with a bit of talent i want to see them in and about the first team squad.

For too long (imo) this club has ignored the youth programe.

3Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One things for sure he'll be hungry and give his all, just what we need for the last 20 mins or so.

Lets hope he knows where the goal is too.

4Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, he'll get 20 minutes against Blackpool if we have no chance of the play-offs. Maybe 5 mins at Cardiff if we're 3-0 down.

Coyle always used to do this - talk up the young players and then keep them on the bench.

5Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which ones ever made it to the bench?

barring a couple of very very rare occasions i don't remember it being a common thing.

6Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:58

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Supposed to be highly-rated. Fingers crossed he can make the grade.

7Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 13:59

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman is ready to unleash young striker Zach Clough on the first-team before the end of the season despite being involved in the play-off hunt.

This, in 'true' non Bolton News speak means he may get to warm the bench a couple of times.

8Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 15:07

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Bolton boss Dougie Freedman is ready to unleash young striker Zach Clough on the first-team before the end of the season despite being involved in the play-off hunt.

This, in 'true' non Bolton News speak means he may get to warm the bench a couple of times.

What do you base this on? You/Natasha are incredibly boring, even good things like this are twisted negatively! Eaves, Sordell and Vela are all getting more of a look in under Dougie. Not to mention Alonso.

He'll get his chance.

9Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 15:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I really hope he gets some game time alongside Eaves, would be good to see if they can form a partnership.

I think this story also tells me that K.Davies won't be on the bench for the remaining 2 games of the season.

10Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 15:43

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton News wrote:The Whites boss confirmed that Stuart Holden, David Wheater, Zach
Clough, Tom Eaves and Jan Gregus will be part of his travelling party.

Interesting addition, there. This will be a game to see!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

11Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 15:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Great, and i hope he's serious. If we've got someone with a bit of talent i want to see them in and about the first team squad.

For too long (imo) this club has ignored the youth programe.

I agree.

I do however, feel this is more through having to, than an Dougie 'wanting' to pick them.

12Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

What do you base this on? You/Natasha are incredibly boring, even good things like this are twisted negatively! Eaves, Sordell and Vela are all getting more of a look in under Dougie. Not to mention Alonso.

He'll get his chance.

If you call me boring again it will be the last thing you do on this site. I have the mods in my pocket.

Put your money where your mouth is then - I'll bet you anything you like that Clough plays no part at Cardiff or Blackpool if we're still in with a chance of winning the game/getting in the play-offs.

13Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 16:30

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Put your money where your mouth is then - I'll bet you anything you like that Clough plays no part at Cardiff or Blackpool if we're still in with a chance of winning the game/getting in the play-offs.

Fair enough, in this case he won't. But if we're comfortably winning or desperately chasing he may get on. It's all good experience for an 18 year old that he wouldn't have got under OC.

14Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Fair enough, in this case he won't. But if we're comfortably winning or desperately chasing he may get on. It's all good experience for an 18 year old that he wouldn't have got under OC.

It's easy for Dougie to say these things, much harder to actually do it.

I hope he does play, we're hardly blessed with strikers in form, but I suspect he won't see more than a couple of minutes when a game is dead.

15Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 16:49

I see no reason not to believe him, he's been true to his word on Eaves.

16Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 16:52

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

He'll get his chance.

If you call me boring again it will be the last thing you do on this site. I have the mods in my pocket.

Doesn't change the fact that Dougie is obviously more serious about giving youth a chance, he's already shown that this season and has a track record of doing it at Palace. He's the man for the future.

17Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:41

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Knight & Bogdan will definitely start in all the remaining games.
If we somehow squeak through (which is what we all want) it will be despite Freedmen's ludicrous selections.

Imagine what we could have done with the 'Caretakers'.

18Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:44

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

chipbutty wrote:

If we somehow squeak through (which is what we all want) it will be despite Freedmen's ludicrous selections.

Are you serious...

19Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a knob.

20Zach Clough to be unleashed!  Empty Re: Zach Clough to be unleashed! Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:

:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum