Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies out for 2 Weeks - Will it make the team stronger or weaker?

+5
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
xmiles
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Davies out - good for us, or bad?

Kevin Davies out for 2 Weeks - Will it make the team stronger or weaker? Vote_lcap89%Kevin Davies out for 2 Weeks - Will it make the team stronger or weaker? Vote_rcap 89% [ 8 ]
Kevin Davies out for 2 Weeks - Will it make the team stronger or weaker? Vote_lcap11%Kevin Davies out for 2 Weeks - Will it make the team stronger or weaker? Vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:On a more positive note, Kevin Davies has been ruled out for the next three games.

Are you happy Davies is out for a few games?

Will it make Bolton a better team?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Absolutely no doubt about it, we should have taken the money.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It is one of the very rare occasions when you are glad your own player is out injured.
Not nice for Davies but the bright side for us is that Coyle cannot pick him or bring him on as a sub. This means will get to see more of Obedyi, Sordell or Tuncay. All good.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted bad because he does still have a part to play, that is 10 minutes off the bench when we need to go long.

I feel bad that his career is ending like this, with so much resentment from whites fans.

Yes his form has been piss poor, but remember him leading the line against Brum in the FA cup QF, a magical performance.

The real problem is, Coyle clearly doesn't have the stomach to sit KD's ass on the pine for good.

I'll always remember him fondly though.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Davies was one of Allardyce's best buys and he did a lot for the club but he no longer provides value for money. Turning down £1.5m and the chance to offload his salary against the possibility that he may be able to provide the occasional 10 minutes from the bench is financial madness.

The only point I can agree with you is that it is sad to see our good memories of him blighted by Coyle's refusal to see sense.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The problem is, good or bad, we will still hoof the ball up to N'gog, Sordell or who ever is up front and still expect them to do the same role as Davies.

I can't understand the mentality of the side in some games, in parts we knock the ball around and look very good but seconds later we resort the long ball for the rest of the game.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Injured for 2 weeks - is that all?

At least it seems we will have to play the 4-5-1 formation - woohoo!

We should have sold him - he has done the club proud, but his legs are now old. He is Bolton legend, but if he continues like he has this season then sorry that title will be tarnished.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:The problem is, good or bad, we will still hoof the ball up to N'gog, Sordell or who ever is up front and still expect them to do the same role as Davies.

I can't understand the mentality of the side in some games, in parts we knock the ball around and look very good but seconds later we resort the long ball for the rest of the game.

It happens because we have no leadership on the pitch.

Rather than put their foot on the ball and take responsibility for it they'd rather hoof the ball away from their goal. Job done for most BWFC players.

Despite Fat Sam's long ball tag, we had better ball players under his management than we do under Owen "I play Fantastic Football" Coyle.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good point, having players like Knight who couldn't play a 5 yard pass to save his life and blasts the ball into row Z everytime the ball comes near his feet doesn't help.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:The problem is, good or bad, we will still hoof the ball up to N'gog, Sordell or who ever is up front and still expect them to do the same role as Davies.

Rather than put their foot on the ball and take responsibility for it they'd rather hoof the ball away from their goal. Job done for most BWFC players.

Despite Fat Sam's long ball tag, we had better ball players under his management than we do under Owen "I play Fantastic Football" Coyle.

Correct.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed, but I wonder if thee team are more worried about the fans response if they get it wrong?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well we've been getting it more or less constantly 'wrong' for about the last 18 months - playing how we have been doing - so anything would be better than what we have been doing (and up to the Wigan game - and CONTINUE to do!).

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Im half glad he cant play..

He should not start for us, should be a sub

But at the same time its coyles fault that he has started for us, and he could continue to do so if he wasn't injured (jussi for bogdan example)

Im glad we didnt sell him because I honestly think he has a role (small role) to play + we will be paying him reduced wages. I think he can be good as a last 10-20 min sub + something which people dont think of, the training ground. Wilshere has said that SKD 'roughing him up' in training made him a stronger player, I think this is good in training for other squad members (has anyone noticed how much more solid ngog has become, he used to be a feather, now he can hold the ball up well) And hopefully we can get him as a coach in the future, he has traditional forward attributes to teach, something few coaches can offer. Dont forget a year ago fans were saying hes a legend, even comapring his style to Nat Lofthouse (this isnt me saying he was Nats standard, he isnt)

Also he would never have moved to Sunderland, he has a great home in Bolton and kids settled at school, and he has enough money..

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Have to agree with this, although I do believe that we do have players that can pass the ball we do need a strong captain to sort them out, Reo coker seemed to do well until the bloody Wigan match, hopefully he can continue and capitalise on the SKD injury

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we have players that pass the ball, none of them have proven it this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum