Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not?

+15
NickFazer
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
Angry Dad
Triumph
Dinae Moe Humm
gloswhite
chris_bwfc
rammywhite
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

One vote only

POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? Vote_lcap16%POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? Vote_rcap 16% [ 5 ]
POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? Vote_lcap47%POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? Vote_rcap 47% [ 15 ]
POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? Vote_lcap37%POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? Vote_rcap 37% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Here is a topic for anyone who went to the game..

Discuss, Why does Kevin Davies still start games? 500 words.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Because Ngog and Sordell are fucking hopeless. Not exactly 500 words but just my opinion.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Write one yourself Biggie - you seem to have a lot to say on the subject.

Go on then - you know you would love writing it!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did i touch a nerve Biggie.

Razz

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Did i touch a nerve Biggie.

Razz

Balls! to you.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Did i touch a nerve Biggie.

Razz

Balls! to you.

A lot of clubs, would still love a S.K.D, Why is that do you think ?

Ok he's no Messi, but he try's, he gives his all.

He gives something that Ngog, and Sordell Can't.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some people take great delight in slagging Kevin Davies off regardless of how he's played.

It's like they actually want him to play bad so they can abuse him on here.

It's pathetic.

I'd drop him and play Craig Davies next week though.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In some games yes- in others no. Today was one where I would say no. He defended really well- time after time he played in defence when they were battering us.
But is that what you want from a striker?. I'd rather have a striker further up the pitch taking the pressure off by giving their defence something to think about.
Quite a few times today we had wide men in good positions to get crosses in- but only N 'gog was either in the area- or trying to get there. That may be Dougie's tactics- he knows football far better than me. But I would prefer a couple of very mobile white shirts in there on the end of crosses than watch SKD going from 0 to 60 in about three days.
I've been one supporter who thought the sun shone out of his backside for many seasons- but his role now should surely be coming on late in the day to act as a bulky attacker to slow the game down.
So- in summary- should he play? Selectively and not in every game.
However his work rate is enormous- and you would get about a tenth of SKDs labour out of Sordell

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

With SKD in the team it takes two opposition defensive players out of the equation therefore leaving more room for players like CYL and Eagles to manoeuvre around in.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sorry guys, I stuck these comments on a different thread. I didn't realise this one was running. Here they are again:

Biggie, He's had an extended career because the manager was content with having a player working in the strikers area of the park, (hence becoming a 'striker') where he disrupted the other teams defence, presumably so that his colleagues could benefit from his efforts. Unfortunately, when he was in the lone role, we've seen that this doesn't happen. In previous years he had the physical attributes to carry it off, but not now. We all know that SKD hasn't been a 'striker' in the fullest sense, for some time. I like him, and I like what he does, (sometimes), but he's not the person we want in the role he's been placed in. Unfortunately, he's getting criticsm that is quite often unfair, but his performances, in whatever role, are beginning to deteriorate, and to affect the overall team's performance. I don't think he's underachieved over the years, far from it, but I do think he is now approaching a time when he should be invoved in other facets of the team, like training, coaching, etc. I genuinely think he should hang up his boots at the end of this season, (at least in the striker role).

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:Because Ngog and Sordell are fucking hopeless. Not exactly 500 words but just my opinion.

Bollocks. There's nothing SKD offers that Ngog doesn't do better. On current form SKD is our 4th best striker.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Because Ngog and Sordell are fucking hopeless. Not exactly 500 words but just my opinion.

Bollocks. There's nothing SKD offers that Ngog doesn't do better. On current form SKD is our 4th best striker.

And there is nothing Ngog offers that SKD doesn't do better at the moment either, one goal every 10 games from Ngog isn't exactly prolific.

As for in form strikers, we don't bloody have one.

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

And there is nothing Ngog offers that SKD doesn't do better at the moment either, one goal every 10 games from Ngog isn't exactly prolific.

Who needs Strikers when your defence does it for you!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If were not getting Sclupp, who will we get. The point is, D|F realises were seriously lacking in that area, and is trying to remedy it. Only Barca can win games without strikers.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

Nonsense. Let's see who offers more. Pace - Ngog. Hold up play - Ngog. Movement - Ngog. Passing - Ngog. Work rate - Ngog. Dribbling - Ngog. Yep, I think he offers a bit more.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

I couldn't have put it better, Only DF knows why he was picked for the last 2 games?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ngog's a dog, KD rules fuck yeah.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

Nonsense. Let's see who offers more. Pace - Ngog. Hold up play - Ngog. Movement - Ngog. Passing - Ngog. Work rate - Ngog. Dribbling - Ngog. Yep, I think he offers a bit more.

For all the things he apparently offers they are still both on 8 goals each.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:

For all the things he apparently offers they are still both on 8 goals each.

Ok, so what you're telling me is that Ngog is superior in virtually all aspects AND has the same amount of goals? Which, since the topic of the thread is does SKD warrant a place in the first team only further supports my claim that he doesn't.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Ha, superior, I wouldn't go that far. Apart from pace he offers the same as a 34 year old IMO when it comes to attack, not exactly something to boast about if your in your 20's.

He can do all the running he wants but I look at how many goals a striker gets, he can run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins but i'd take a klasnic type player over him every day of the week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum