Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not?

+15
NickFazer
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
Angry Dad
Triumph
Dinae Moe Humm
gloswhite
chris_bwfc
rammywhite
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

One vote only

POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% [ 5 ]
POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% [ 15 ]
POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? - Page 2 Vote_lcap37%POLL ADDED - Kevin Davies - Worth his place in the team or not? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 37% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:Ha, superior, I wouldn't go that far. Apart from pace he offers the same as a 34 year old IMO when it comes to attack, not exactly something to boast about if your in your 20's.

He can do all the running he wants but I look at how many goals a striker gets, he can run around like a headless chicken for 90 mins but i'd take a klasnic type player over him every day of the week.

Which isn't the point. It's whether or not SKD warrants a place in the team. Personally, I think Ngog offers far more than SKD. For what it's worth I think Craig Davies and Sordell do too.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:he offers the same as a 34 year old

Kevin Davies is 36 in a few days.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:If were not getting Sclupp, who will we get. The point is, D|F realises were seriously lacking in that area, and is trying to remedy it. Only Barca can win games without strikers.
Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but we have just won 4 in a row without one.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ha , I cant argue with that I suppose Very Happy (especially as it seems to be midfielders and defenders who are getting us through this winning phase)

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We've won 5 in a row haven't we?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Because Ngog and Sordell are fucking hopeless. Not exactly 500 words but just my opinion.
If you are correct then the team is doomed to failure despite this recent run. It's not impossible that SKD has scored his last goal for BWFC months ago.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

KD can still do a job for this team on occasions, he deserved his place on Tuesday against Rovers and he did well in what was always going to be a physical game. Not quite sure what the plan was today, he always tries 100% but IMO C Davies should have started today with KD on the bench, but we won the game so its difficult to argue with the manager.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Because Ngog and Sordell are fucking hopeless. Not exactly 500 words but just my opinion.

Bollocks. There's nothing SKD offers that Ngog doesn't do better. On current form SKD is our 4th best striker.

And there is nothing Ngog offers that SKD doesn't do better at the moment either, one goal every 10 games from Ngog isn't exactly prolific.

As for in form strikers, we don't bloody have one.

Nonsense. Let's see who offers more. Pace - Ngog. Hold up play - Ngog. Movement - Ngog. Passing - Ngog. Work rate - Ngog. Dribbling - Ngog. Yep, I think he offers a bit more.

Spot on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've seen virtually every game Ngog has played for us.

He will never do anywhere near as much as Kevin Davies has for Bolton Wanderers.

Carry on with your hate campaign though you fucking shithouses.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I've seen virtually every game Ngog has played for us.

He will never do anywhere near as much as Kevin Davies has for Bolton Wanderers.

BDP- that's not the point though. SKD in his prime and Ngog in his prime - there's no comparison- SKD is light years ahead of Ngog. But SKD is well past his prime and Ngog seems to be approaching his.
Currently Ngog has the upper hand. And to look and comment on the situation as it is NOW -and to have an opinion that might be contrary to yours doesn't make people shithouses

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't disagree. As I said on the other thread there's fair criticism and then there's the same group of people who just abuse him all the time. No matter how he plays.

They're the shithouses.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
BDP- that's not the point though. SKD in his prime and Ngog in his prime - there's no comparison- SKD is light years ahead of Ngog. But SKD is well past his prime and Ngog seems to be approaching his.
Currently Ngog has the upper hand. And to look and comment on the situation as it is NOW -and to have an opinion that might be contrary to yours doesn't make people shithouses

Rammy has summed it up in a nutshell.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So you can't see the difference between what some people say, which is fair, and a group of people who have been slating him and looking for reasons to abuse him after every single game?

It's fucking pathetic and the people who do it are wankers.

When Kevin retires they'll focus their hate on someone else.

Terrible supporters imo.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm certainly not one of the boo boys but in football everyone has a shelf life. Kev is nearly 36 and Father Time waits for nobody. I'll always have respect for what Kev has done for us but like it or not, Ngog, Craig Davies and Sordell are the future.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How is N'gog a better hold up player than Kevin Davies? Pray tell.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:So you can't see the difference between what some people say, which is fair, and a group of people who have been slating him and looking for reasons to abuse him after every single game?

It's fucking pathetic and the people who do it are wankers.

When Kevin retires they'll focus their hate on someone else.

Terrible supporters imo.

You're judging him on his past record. If he'd joined us in the Summer and put in these kind of crap performances you'd be wanting him out of the side as well.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Jamster26 wrote:How is N'gog a better hold up player than Kevin Davies? Pray tell.
Jesus christ have you ever watched a game ?? Thought BDM was the only fuckwit on here,your not his brother are you ?

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I've seen virtually every game Ngog has played for us.

Hate campaign, are you for real? everyone would love to see the old SKD but it ain't going to happen he is well passed his sell buy, OK he could be a bit part player and as has been said before is an ideal 'defending attacker' for want of a better word.
PS. If you are going to resort to name calling you would be much better suited to 'Burnden Aces' full of them on there.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm not the only person to notice the hate campaign that's being going on against Kevin Davies. You say everyone would love to see the old SKD. You're wrong. Certain people had no respect for him even before he started getting old. I can remember people slagging him off after he'd played a blinder. Many many times. It's pathetic.

Oh and the people who do it are shithouse wankers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Oh and the people who do it are shithouse wankers.

And yet you slagged Dean Holdsworth off from day one.

What's the difference?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum