Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Di Canio going to be the new Mourinho?

+8
Tigermin
doffcocker
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
12 posters

Is Di Canio going to be the next Mourinho?

Is Di Canio going to be the new Mourinho? Vote_lcap8%Is Di Canio going to be the new Mourinho? Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Is Di Canio going to be the new Mourinho? Vote_lcap92%Is Di Canio going to be the new Mourinho? Vote_rcap 92% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am so impressed by Paolo Di Canio as a manager. He seems to be such a great manager, his preparation, how organised he gets his teams, the effort he expects from his players but also his man management and his passion. He looks like a man that players want to play for and win for. I loved seeing him celebrate when his team scores, can you imagine if we had him and he going bananas when we scored, we'd love it.
Nat and I were wanting Di Canio when Coyle was sacked, I think he is going to be the next big thing. Do you?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well, not unless he leaves Sunderland no.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think he has the right approach, tactics, etc, to become a good manager, but I think he may suffer a lot of dislike, and resentment, similar to Warnock, because of his public behaviour, (we wont go down that road again Very Happy ) If it continues, I think this will eventually affect how the team and its fans are greeted by other supporters.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If this thread was named, Is Di canio going to be the new Coyle, I'd agree with you.

Just wait until the honeymoon period is over.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he commands the respect of the modern day ponce more than most managers, even though he's more likely to chin them than put his arm around them.

Fans like him because he stands no nonsense from the players and shows passion during the 90 minutes.

He has all the potential to be very good, and I hope he succeeds. It was a great appointment by Sunderland, they'd have gone down under O'Neill.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes I think they would have gone down under O'Neill. O'Neill is a shit manager who has finally been found out. I mean anyone can win in Scotland, even Gordon Strachan. At Villa he spent an absolute fortune and other than Young and Downing no one had any resale value.
Di Canio is definitely a man who fans love, he's like school toilet paper - he's tough and takes no shit.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:, he's like school toilet paper - he's tough and takes no shit.

Laughing

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cracking description there MB Very Happy

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To early to judge but I don't think he's as shrewd as Mourinho. He will fall out with to many people on a regular basis, players, other managers, the owners, the press and eventually the fans.

Not going well tonight either.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit shit and more shit.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All he's really shown so far is that he has a positive effect on clubs short term. The longest he's been at a club is a year and a half. Coyle's record after a year and a half at his clubs is excellent.

There's only so far you can take a club on motivation alone. It will be interesting to see what DiCanio can do over a five year period.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di Canio is a chairman's Nightmare .

Keep watching.Very Happy

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The guy is mad as a box of frogs,long live Douggie,fuck I didnt mean that last bit sorry !!!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tonight's evidence would suggest he won't be the new Mourinho.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He certainly isn't going to earn that moniker at Sunderland.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People want to play and win for him?

They got twatted 6-1 mate.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No

Sponsored content