Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Chung Yong Lee crap?

+14
Copper Dragon
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
scottjames30
Sgt. Bash
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
Jamster26
doffcocker
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 16:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, but is he deserving of his popularity, while the likes of Eagles come in for endless stick?

Nobody seemed too upset with the player when he missed that sitter today, yet go ballistic with every foot Eagles puts wrong.

I like his neatness but his end product has for the best part been dire this season. I don't think the left side does him justice, in fairness.

So has CYL had an easy ride baring in mind how little he's given this team, and is he actually as big a weak link as a fair few others?

2Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 16:06

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think he's been great since he came back from his injury. Hopefully we'll see the best of him next season.

3Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 16:09

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Because Bolton have hardly been on Sky this year (when were we last on TV?) I haven't seen him at all. This is why I am gutted we didn't go up.
But be fair to him, he did have a bad injury, a lot of players don't come back the same player after that. He was a cracking player in his first season at the club. I hope he will get back to his old self.

4Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 16:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he's just returning to his better form, him and Holden will be better next season.

5Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 16:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I doubt he'll be with us next season. He's not crap but he's not been great this season. If we get a decent offer I won't be too sad to see him go tbh.

6Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 16:54

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:(when were we last on TV?)

I only recall the Forest and Cardiff home games being on TV! I don't recall us having an away game on the box all season.

7Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 17:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get rid , with his sale, we can get better.

8Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 17:10

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chungy still shows his class occasionally, but sadly he's not the player he was pre-injury. (Thanks Newport!)

If we get a good offer, we should probably let him go.

9Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 20:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He does get better treatment than Eagles. Only thing he's done since his return is learn how to dive to try to win penalties and TBF he got us one that kept us in with a chance of the playoffs despite our average performances.

10Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Sat May 04 2013, 20:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I hope we keep him but Lee doesn't take players on like he used to when he first arrived, also for a guy in the position he plays he doesn't get enough goals.

11Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't say he was crap but he hasn't been the same since his injury. I don't know why Eagles get's so much stick because apart from his woeful corner taking he is a very decent Championship player.

On Saturday against Blackpool we got quite a few corners but he was incapable of getting the ball beyond their first man.

12Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:20

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

FFS the guy is a quality player and we dont have many. He was reticent in 50 /50 tackles after his injury understandably so but of late he has been getting back to his pre injury best and has got stuck in far more. Compare him with back pedaling El Prat for instance,he cant / wont make a tackle ,doesnt help out our full backs like Chungy does ?????????? Because he runs around pointing his fingers and waving his arms about people think he has had a good game ffs !!!! He is seriously a complete waste of space,he makes a 20 yard cross field pass and he gets applauded ffs , he gets 20,000 grand a week and gets applauded for what you see on the local park every weekend !!! Chungy has to stay,Holden.Mavies ,Medo and him in the Midfield is potentially what can propel us forward next season.

13Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Actually, I think Pratley has been a lot better since Dougie took over. He has bags of energy and works hard. I actually prefer him to Andrews.

I expect little Medo to shine next season. He covers acres of space and is like a dog with a bone. He has a fair shot on him as well.

14Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:36

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:Actually, I think Pratley has been a lot better since Dougie took over. He has bags of energy and works hard. I actually prefer him to Andrews.

I expect little Medo to shine next season. He covers acres of space and is like a dog with a bone. He has a fair shot on him as well.

Agree about Medo , he has great potential and has much needed fire in his belly but El Prat is the greatest waste of space since Petrov. I have stated this before but just watch him for 5 - 10 mins ,he cant / wont tackle,he back peddles away from opposition wingers / midfield players giving them time / space to do what they want without any pressure !! Its not once or twice but every single game !! Petrov never put a shift in so Robbo etc were continually under pressure from opposition right wingers creating oppourtunities that shouldnt have happened. El Prat creates the same problems for Ricketts,Mears, Riley whoever is at right back because he doesnt provide cover and thats without commenting on his abilities going forward ffs . Bollocks rant over, I cant stand him and wait for the day when others , especially Douggie see the light.

15Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody notice that Newport got promoted to the league yesterday!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:43

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought Pratley was wearing Muamba's old Boots on Saturday.

I still think Chungy has a lot to offer, if he stays.

17Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:49

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't start all that again Sluffy, it took me two days to get a lot of the Bolton Mad members round to the fact that it was an over zealous challenge (for a friendly) but not one where the Newport lad tried to break Chungy's leg.

The abuse that I received Rolling Eyes

18Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:55

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A great read again, apart from the fact that Lee had a broken leg........

19Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 22:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It was a bad challenge.

Not as bad as the one that Burnley cunt Gayle did on Spooner though.

20Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Empty Re: Is Chung Yong Lee crap? Mon May 06 2013, 23:11

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Copper Dragon wrote:A great read again, apart from the fact that Lee had a broken leg........

Those were the days Stan, I mean Copper Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum