Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How, when and why did you start posting on footy forums.???

+19
Copper Dragon
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Jamster26
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
WhiteBic
mark leach
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
Banks of the Croal
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

With me it was because I was so pissed off with Elmander, I needed somewhere to say it and I found forun called Wanderersmad..

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i started on the old BBC 606 forum and then went over to the JA606 site, which i still post on occasionally. There wasn't a particular reason just wanted to see what other Wanderers fans were saying and thinking.Have to say this is my favourite now.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Same as Norpig really.

For me it was something to do at work.

I got annoyed with 606, It was very 'clicky' - If Larghat didn't like you you were pretty much fucked. so everybody agreed with him.

There was another poster called 'Thereebokrobot' who liked to argue the finest points quite venomously - he would argue for days, weeks even about the most pointless shit.

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I found a nuts business card on the bar in harvesters.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am an old 606er. A few of my mates posted on there around 6 years ago so it was good to have a bit of banter with them. I still post on JA606 occasionally but it seems to have died a death.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Same as Norpig really.

For me it was something to do at work.

I got annoyed with 606, It was very 'clicky' - If Larghat didn't like you you were pretty much fucked. so everybody agreed with him.

There was another poster called 'Thereebokrobot' who liked to argue the finest points quite venomously - he would argue for days, weeks even about the most pointless shit.

Thats always been my issue with that site as well, you are sometimes made to feel like an intruder on a private conversation. I think TRR has disappeared from there now so not sure if he posts anywhere else

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I started off on the old bwfc official site forum before it got taken down, only came across it by accident then when that got closed down I moved to BA.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:I started off on the old bwfc official site forum before it got taken down.

Why did it get taken down?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I started off on the old bwfc official site forum before it got taken down, only came across it by accident then when that got closed down I moved to BA.

Same here.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I started off on the old bwfc official site forum before it got taken down.

It was boring and wasn't busy enough.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wanted to read and shaew views about my football team, simple did a search for BWFC Fans forum and came across Bolton Banter - Was OK originally, but died over 12 months ago...Decided to post here when a certain poster said it was much better - which it is!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

It was boring and wasn't busy enough.

I think Gartside had a say in it, whether that was just talk at the time who knows.

I heard he got sick of the abuse he was getting from fans at the time regarding Megson and took it down....who knows if it was true but it certainly was taken down rather quick.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Curiosity.

I simply had a look one day to see if there was a group of fellow minded Bolton fans, discussing all of the ins and outs at the Wanderers.

I was on Burnden Aces before coming here.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did a simple google search.

Although I didn't post on here for a while I just enjoyed reading all the views.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I stumbled across Team Talk and was there for a while then heard tales of the famous Natasha Whittam who was driving the fear of God into posters on Burnden Aces. TT had started to suck by this so I jumped ship. BA started to suck so I left. Then I heard about this fledgling site and came here. The rest, as they say, is equally boring.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

606 and Rivsls.net. Cant remember which first.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Did anyone from the old 606 site ever join new-606?

It seemed most populated by leeds and huddersfield fans when I looked at it.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:Did anyone from the old 606 site ever join new-606?

It seemed most populated by leeds and huddersfield fans when I looked at it.

I was on the old 606.

I moved to JA606 but it wasn't the same.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I started out as a poster on Wanderers Mad. My dad and brother-in-law had already long been posters there so I thought I'd join in the fun.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A while back my circumstances changed in that I couldn't get to many matches and so had to rely on the press for how the game went and how the players performed. I was never happy with many of their reports, so I found the BBC 606 forum where many fans used to give their views and opinions and a better insight as to what actually had gone on.

Obviously people did not always see things the same way but matching up their views and comments with my own - with the games I was able to actually get to myself - give me a rough idea of who seemed to see things in somewhat of a similar way to me and I generally valued their opinions thereafter.

Over the years I moved from 606 to be a founder member of Bolton Banter when it started up and been on a number of forums ever since.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum