Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things i really dislike or downright hate.

+24
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
rammywhite
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
Angry Dad
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Need to add that GIF to the emoticons list KP  Very Happy

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Need to add that GIF to the emoticons list KP  Very Happy

:agree:

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is Chris Wilder about to get his P45?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55254730

If they do give him the boot, I think he should  go on telly and tell Gawy Lineker that he's been sacked because he's old and white and that they weally made him cwy.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's already gone.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:I don't follow celeb culture, Morgan, or social media but from what little I've read what Morgan said...

On Monday's programme, Morgan picked up on the duchess's claim that her request to senior Buckingham Palace officials for help was rejected, after she told Winfrey she had had suicidal thoughts.

"Who did you go to?" he said. "What did they say to you? I'm sorry, I don't believe a word she said, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe it if she read me a weather report.

Seems Piers was right about Meghan telling lies!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding certificate proves couple did NOT marry three days before Windsor ceremony

HARRY and Meghan’s shock TV claim that they married three days before their official ceremony has been exposed as a sham — by their own wedding certificate.

The document is shown here for the first time after being provided by the General Register Office.

Last night — as their wedding certificate came to light for the first time — Stephen Borton dismissed the claim.

Mr Borton, former chief clerk at the Faculty Office, told The Sun: “I’m sorry, but Meghan is obviously confused and clearly misinformed.

“They did not marry three days earlier in front of the Archbishop of Canterbury".

Mr Borton, now a consultant for the Faculty Office, added: “They couldn’t have got married in the grounds of Nottingham Cottage as it is not an authorised venue and there were not enough witnesses present.

“You cannot be married with just three people. It’s not a valid ceremony.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14411884/meghan-markle-prince-harry-wedding-certificate-three-days/

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You don't mean to say that Megan tells FIBS, do you Sluffy? Who'd a thunk it?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:You don't mean to say that Megan tells FIBS, do you Sluffy? Who'd a thunk it?

What surprised me the most was that I only happened to find out about this news TWO DAYS after it was in the press!

What I mean is that I don't follow 'celeb' culture so and so stick mainly to the main stream as opposed to the 'red tops' news reporting, all of which universally carried the 'fall-out' of Morgan being 'sacked' (cancel culture?) for calling her a liar.

So to me anyway, I would have thought some mention of her being proved not to be telling the truth being one of the key bombshell's she and Harry ("there was just the three of us there") said to Oprah, should have been reported by the main stream to.

Maybe it was, maybe I missed it?

Anyway it is clear she told a lie, Harry was there too, was he confused and misinformed too?

(Although he probably isn't the sharpest tool in the box).

And I would have thought the Archbishop who 'married' them would have clearly told them that what they were doing at the time WASN'T that they were being married!

Anyway one lie proven and I suspect many others to come.

57,000 people physically took the trouble to contact the ITV to complain about Morgan and taking Meghan's words as gospel - God knows how many simply just thought it without feeling the need to 'write in' too!!!

Just shows how easily most are 'manipulated' and make judgement based NOT on the facts but who they 'like' the best and only having their public personas to judge them upon.

Seems to be the norm these days though.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I assume Joey Barton is on this list somewhere.
He's been at it again in regard to female pundits. What a blowhard.
Poundland footballer, Poundland manager, and a Poundland pundit. Waste of space.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always thought he was just a thug, his comments lately are just to keep him in the public eye as his managerial career has hit the skids. Rumour is he is going to try and monetise his social media and get even more controversial, what a way to earn a living  Rolling Eyes

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Always thought he was just a thug, his comments lately are just to keep him in the public eye as his managerial career has hit the skids. Rumour is he is going to try and monetise his social media and get even more controversial, what a way to earn a living  Rolling Eyes
Next stop GB News.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
Next stop GB News.
Steady Pig, some people just don’t like to hear the truth spoken. This used to be a country where free speech was accepted and encouraged and opposing views were debated but sadly thanks to the likes of our main stream media we can now only be told what’s acceptable to them. 

You see you’ve even been brainwashed into thinking that GB News is something to be ridiculed when at one time you’d have chosen (as I do) to listen to all views and then decide for yourself. Thankfully more and more people are realising who gives the facts and turning away from the Beeb, Sly and the worst of them all Channel 4. 😎

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Steady Pig, some people just don’t like to hear the truth spoken. This used to be a country where free speech was accepted and encouraged and opposing views were debated but sadly thanks to the likes of our main stream media we can now only be told what’s acceptable to them. 

You see you’ve even been brainwashed into thinking that GB News is something to be ridiculed when at one time you’d have chosen (as I do) to listen to all views and then decide for yourself. Thankfully more and more people are realising who gives the facts and turning away from the Beeb, Sly and the worst of them all Channel 4. 😎
My view of GB News is based on watching it regularly. I gave it a fair crack of the whip at first, but came to realise just what it was.
My love of it now is due mainly to its comedy value. It's audience is a mixture of Reform Party nutters, Brexit fundamentalists, and disgruntled hangers and floggers, all masturbating furiously to the latest Nana Akua rant.
It's not a pretty sight. But deliciously funny.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Try the i newspaper.. 

Very fair-minded, well written and balanced. No particular axe to grind.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Try the i newspaper.. 

Very fair-minded, well written and balanced. No particular axe to grind.
That's a decent shout. Usually a decent read.
Used to be an avid newspaper reader, but the internet and 24 hour news programmes have pretty much knocked them down for the count.
Maybe I should go for the iPad editions.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whitesince63 wrote:

Sadly Bonce I don’t think there is any media outlet that is completely unbiased including GB News so you have to judge them by what you personally believe. I think the days when you could just listen to our broadcasters and believe what they said are long gone. 

Weather events are now labelled as the result of climate change as if we’d never seen floods, storms or droughts before? Even better was Brexit with every negative piece of information labelled as down to leaving the EU whilst any good news was ignored.

It’s just a sign of the times I’m afraid so you just need to judge for yourself who you believe.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:

Sadly Bonce I don’t think there is any media outlet that is completely unbiased including GB News so you have to judge them by what you personally believe. I think the days when you could just listen to our broadcasters and believe what they said are long gone. 

Weather events are now labelled as the result of climate change as if we’d never seen floods, storms or droughts before? Even better was Brexit with every negative piece of information labelled as down to leaving the EU whilst any good news was ignored.

It’s just a sign of the times I’m afraid so you just need to judge for yourself who you believe.

:facepalm:

2023 confirmed as world's hottest year on record

The year 2023 has been confirmed as the warmest on record, driven by human-caused climate change and boosted by the natural El Niño weather event.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-67861954

What is climate change? A really simple guide

Human activities are causing world temperatures to rise, with more intense heatwaves and rising sea-levels among the consequences.

How are humans causing climate change?

The climate has changed throughout the Earth's history and natural factors, such as El Niño, can affect the weather for shorter periods of time, like in 2023.

But natural causes cannot explain the particularly rapid warming seen in the last century, according to the UN's climate body, the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change).

This long-term climate change has been caused by human activity, the IPCC says, mainly from the widespread use of fossil fuels - coal, oil and gas - in homes, factories and transport.

When fossil fuels burn, they release greenhouse gases - mostly carbon dioxide (CO2). This traps extra energy in the atmosphere near the Earth's surface, causing the planet to heat up.

Since the start of the Industrial Revolution - when humans started burning large amounts of fossil fuels - the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has risen by about 50%.

The CO2 released from burning fossil fuels has a distinctive chemical fingerprint which matches the type increasingly found in the atmosphere.

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 13 _131809109_co2_long_term_updated-nc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24021772

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 13 _132259046_daily_record_calendar_vertical-2x-nc

Things i really dislike or downright hate. - Page 13 _132255098_global_sea_temp_lines_2023-12-30_640-2x-nc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-67861954

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Still on your climate change hobby horse Sluffy, though I’ll give you that 2023 was identified as the hottest year on record, except that the records only started in 1914!! There were records prior to that of course but only unconfirmed amateur records but even they show years with much higher rainfall and temperatures. The summer of 2023 may have reached a higher temperature for one day but if you seriously believe that it was worse than 1976 you’re crazy. Even official figures still acknowledge 76 as being the hottest summer ever in Europe. 

Nobody’s disputing climate change, including me, but you really do need to start questioning some of the data and forecasts that are being thrown around. We all know that the major polluters are not going to stop using fossil fuels any time soon and we also know that there is a concerted effort by self interested bodies and individuals to push the net zero agenda despite the cost to the likes of you and me. Even if everyone stopped using fossil fuels now it would still take hundreds of years to reduce carbon dioxide levels to where your “experts” believe they should be and that’s assuming that these “experts” are even right, which I severely question. You keep banging the drum Sluffy if it makes you happy and the rest of us will keep on hoping that one day our politicians will accept that wasting trillions of tax payers money on electrification whilst blighting the country with horrible windmills and pylons is totally unnecessary when far less money could have been invested in producing synthetic fuels that could be used with current technology.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whitesince63 wrote:Still on your climate change hobby horse eh Sluffy, though I’ll give you that 2023 was identified as the hottest year on record, except that the records only started in 1914!! There were records prior to that of course but only unconfirmed amateur records but even they show years with much higher rainfall and temperatures. The summer of 2023 may have reached a higher temperature for one day but if you seriously believe that it was worse than 1976 you’re crazy. Even official figures still acknowledge 76 as being the hottest summer ever in Europe. 

Nobody’s disputing climate change, including me, but you really do need to start questioning some of the data and forecasts that are being thrown around. We all know that the major polluters are not going to stop using fossil fuels any time soon and we also know that there is a concerted effort by self interested bodies and individuals to push the net zero agenda despite the cost to the likes of you and me. Even if everyone stopped using fossil fuels now it would still take hundreds of years to reduce carbon dioxide levels to where your “experts” believe they should be and that’s assuming that these “experts” are even right, which I severely question.

You keep banging the drum Sluffy if it makes you happy and the rest of us will keep on hoping that one day our politicians will accept that wasting trillions of tax payers money on electrification whilst blighting the country with horrible windmills and pylons is totally unnecessary when far less money could have been invested in producing synthetic fuels that could be used with current technology.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Still on your climate change hobby horse Sluffy, though I’ll give you that 2023 was identified as the hottest year on record, except that the records only started in 1914!! There were records prior to that of course but only unconfirmed amateur records but even they show years with much higher rainfall and temperatures. The summer of 2023 may have reached a higher temperature for one day but if you seriously believe that it was worse than 1976 you’re crazy. Even official figures still acknowledge 76 as being the hottest summer ever in Europe. 

Nobody’s disputing climate change, including me, but you really do need to start questioning some of the data and forecasts that are being thrown around. We all know that the major polluters are not going to stop using fossil fuels any time soon and we also know that there is a concerted effort by self interested bodies and individuals to push the net zero agenda despite the cost to the likes of you and me. Even if everyone stopped using fossil fuels now it would still take hundreds of years to reduce carbon dioxide levels to where your “experts” believe they should be and that’s assuming that these “experts” are even right, which I severely question. You keep banging the drum Sluffy if it makes you happy and the rest of us will keep on hoping that one day our politicians will accept that wasting trillions of tax payers money on electrification whilst blighting the country with horrible windmills and pylons is totally unnecessary when far less money could have been invested in producing synthetic fuels that could be used with current technology.

There's none so blind that those that will not see or deaf as those that will not hear...

Physical official measurements on the day may have started in 1914 (I've not checked the date but I suspect they were being kept by reputable scientists since the thermometer was invented) but what we are talking about is SCIENTFIC measurements going back tens if not hundred of thousands years ago through studying things like tree ring growths and historic sea levels and atmosphere measurements captured in the ice caps.

The summer of 1976 was glorious but we are talking about 'yearly' records not 'seasonal' ones and more pertinently we are talking about GLOBAL temperature not your back yards one!

The scientific proof about man made global warming is indisputable, only a moron would be in denial of it and countries such as China ARE now starting to react to it - they wouldn't even do that if they didn't believe it is man made would they?

It's ironic that you believe 'big business' is pushing the green agenda - ask yourself who do you think it is that is funding and pushing the agenda against going green - could it be big business such as those who own the oil and coal in the world perhaps???

You carry on with your flat earth mentality if you like but it won't stop the 'science' happening from the ongoing burning of fossil fuels.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we’ll just leave it at your first sentence Sluffy, being the only sensible thing you’ve said and you should certainly take it for yourself as good advice. We’re just never going to agree are we so let’s leave it there.🤗

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum