Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Hate New Year's Eve

+11
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
wessy
wanderlust
Keegan
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
NickFazer
boltonbonce
okocha
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 13:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate New Year's Eve. We haven't even had Christmas yet and already people are asking me what I'm doing on 31st December.

Here's what I'm doing. Having my tea, watching a film, bit of reading and then tucked up in bed by 11pm at the latest.

What is it about New Year's Eve that people enjoy? Is it the rip off tickets to get into your local pub? The shit food at premium prices? The fake happiness that everyone displays as though their shit lives are suddenly going to get better on the stroke of midnight?

What are you doing on New Year's Eve? Do you actually enjoy it or could you not give a shit?

2I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 13:29

Same as you nat. I'm gonna be playing on ps4 drinking chocolate milk not even noticing when we are in the new year. Can't wait

3I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 13:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thought sure you'd include drunken men trying to shove their tongues down your throat at midnight as one of your reasons for hating NY Eve....and feeble TV shows from north of the border.......

4I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 13:32

I'm not really into that okocha

5I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 13:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:I'm not really into that okocha

Very Happy

6I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 13:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In bed by eleven watching a DVD. Probably Red Dwarf.
Can't be doing with fake bonhomie.

7I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 16:53

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not been out on NY Eve for years and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

8I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 16:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:Not been out on NY Eve for years and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Is that because you don't like it, or everyone hates you?

9I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 16:59

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes

10I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 17:12

Somehow, over the last ten years a tradition has developed wherein we have to go round to the wife's brother's house and pretend that we really enjoy spending the evening with a feckless band of hangers-on, stupid "young adults" (most of whom, I will be meeting for the first and last time), strange old people who are related to his wife and assorted weirdos who pop up randomly during the evening, shove some sausage rolls down their necks and fuck off again.

It's tedious shit and I hate it.

But we do it every year and short of feigning illness, I can't get out of it.

11I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 17:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

You utter ponce, grow a backbone.

12I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 19:43

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I like pubs and I enjoy a night out at least once a week but Christmas and New Years Eve I much prefer to stay home. I think it is that it is compulsory to enjoy the crowded bar full of screaming bores that haven't been anywhere near a boozer for the last twelve months but have deigned to honour us regulars with their presence, that's without paying to get in a pub that doesn't charge any other time. Then it extremely likely that you will be subjected to a performance of some crappy, head up his own arse DJ, who when not spouting unfunny nonsense will play shite music much to loud and risk your health eating the buffet kindly laid on with your ticket money.

Queues at the bar and the twelve o clock love in I can also live without, plus the inevitable kick off by some wanker that can't handle his shandy.

I'll be out NewYears Day for the footie and a beer in some civilised company.

13I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 20:08

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I hate New Year's Eve. We haven't even had Christmas yet and already people are asking me what I'm doing on 31st December.

Here's what I'm doing. Having my tea, watching a film, bit of reading and then tucked up in bed by 11pm at the latest.

What is it about New Year's Eve that people enjoy? Is it the rip off tickets to get into your local pub? The shit food at premium prices? The fake happiness that everyone displays as though their shit lives are suddenly going to get better on the stroke of midnight?

What are you doing on New Year's Eve? Do you actually enjoy it or could you not give a shit?

Totally agree Nat, I hate New Year's Eve - and the main reason why is because people are basically celebrating the end of the holidays. Once January 1st has arrived the holidays are basically over, nothing really to look forward to until Easter and Spring time.
Why do people celebrate it? It is another year of our life's gone by.

As for New Year's Eve in terms of going out, it is the shittest night of the year, everything is so busy, it costs a fortune in taxis, it is just shit.

This New Year's Eve I will spend at home just doing the same as you Nat.

14I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 20:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Down to London on December 30th (return ticket only cost £32 with Virgin Trains) and then coach to Amsterdam (return ticket only cost £50) and arrive at lunchtime on New Years Eve.  Celebrating back on Leidseplein and be in Amsterdam until 4th January!

15I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 20:11

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Christmas Eve at about 5pm-7pm is the best couple of hours you could have in a pub all year, the atmosphere is usually really nice and it isn't busy at that time.

16I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 21:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm usually asleep or something equally boring. Bah humbug.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 22:25

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:

You utter ponce, grow a backbone.

S'not as easy as that though, is it?

I'd then have to grow a new penis and a set of nuts, wouldn't I?

And you of all people should know how difficult it is to regenerate your genitalia.....

18I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Sun Dec 21 2014, 22:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My wife and I flew to New York on Millennium Eve. The journey was unusually comfortable because very few passengers were on the plane, due to the fact that the media had spread fears that technical problems would arise and we'd all plummet into the sea on the stroke of midnight. 
Once there, we enjoyed glorious weather and the whole experience was one of the best we've had on a New Year's Eve. Glad to have been able to go the top of the Twin Towers pre-catastrophe.......

19I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Mon Dec 22 2014, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In similar vein my lovely wife has booked us a much needed holiday - flight leaving Gatwick 11.30 a.m. on NY day. Consequently I'll be spending NY eve at a party of drunken friends whilst I stay sober for the drive. Joy.

20I Hate New Year's Eve  Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Mon Dec 22 2014, 22:08

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Once there, we enjoyed glorious weather and the whole experience was one of the best we've had on a New Year's Eve. Glad to have been able to go the top of the Twin Towers pre-catastrophe.......
Not sure you needed to say pre catastrophe ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum