Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Hate New Year's Eve

+11
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
wessy
wanderlust
Keegan
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
NickFazer
boltonbonce
okocha
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Mon Dec 22 2014, 22:46

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

wessy wrote:

Once there, we enjoyed glorious weather and the whole experience was one of the best we've had on a New Year's Eve. Glad to have been able to go the top of the Twin Towers pre-catastrophe.......
Not sure you needed to say pre catastrophe ?
Why not? If it was before the catastrophe why can't he say so. Doesn't take much for people to get offended on here does it?

22I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Mon Dec 22 2014, 22:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:

Once there, we enjoyed glorious weather and the whole experience was one of the best we've had on a New Year's Eve. Glad to have been able to go the top of the Twin Towers pre-catastrophe.......
confused

23I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 06:46

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:I think Christmas Eve at about 5pm-7pm is the best couple of hours you could have in a pub all year, the atmosphere is usually really nice and it isn't busy at that time.
:agree:  and will be doing so. Then out for some trough and home by tennish.

24I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 06:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Somehow, over the last ten years a tradition has developed wherein we have to go round to the wife's brother's house and pretend that we really enjoy spending the evening with a feckless band of hangers-on, stupid "young adults" (most of whom, I will be meeting for the first and last time), strange old people who are related to his wife and assorted weirdos who pop up randomly during the evening, shove some sausage rolls down their necks and fuck off again.

It's tedious shit and I hate it.

But we do it every year and short of feigning illness, I can't get out of it.
Does your wife know you've wrote this about your outlaws?

25I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 10:25

Yeah, she knows how I feel about it and, to be fair, she's no big fan of the whole thing either, as she's never really seen eye to eye with her brother's wife.

As for Wessy's point about it being unnecessary for Okocha to have said "pre-catastrophe" when talking about his trip up the Twin Towers, the way I read it, I don't think he was offended - it was more an observation about it being pretty obvious that it must have been "pre-catastrophe", as they aren't there any more, so it would have been pretty hard to take a trip up them after they'd collapsed.....

I may be wrong though......

26I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 10:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never been a big fan of NYE either, i have many memories of going down Bradshawgate and being made to "donate" to the bouncers in every pub, putting the cost of the night out even more Mad

27I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 11:12

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A few years back we decided on the spur of the moment to drive up to Edinburgh on NYE and see what all this Hogmanay fuss was about up there. I think it was right after a Bolton game finished and we set off through the rain and fog and got to the city centre about fifteen minutes before midnight only to find they'd erected a big fence round the middle where all the action was and if you didn't have a ticket you couldn't get in! Nice fireworks though.

28I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 11:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy Hogmanay.

29I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 11:40

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I should really have been forewarned by stuff like that. Back then it wasn't new year proper till you'd seen Andy Stewart without his kecks on.

30I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 11:45

Stanley Baxter's another one.

And I've just discovered that he's not dead yet.

Amazing!

I reckon him and "the other fella" must have a deal going with Old Nick.......

31I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 11:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As a kid I was forced to watch 'The White Heather Club' on a regular basis.
I'm still suffering the trauma.
There'll be no shortbread biscuits in our house this or any other year.
Stanley Baxter worried the 14 year old me. Scary.

32I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 11:50

He was great in Zulu though.

Very Happy

33I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 12:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Stanley_baxter_now_and_then
Rorke's Drift was never the same.

34I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 12:44

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Breadman, you've changed. Still, at this season probably as well to have one Wise man.

35I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 12:47

He's the only wise man you'll find on here, Manda.......

Very Happy

36I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:As a kid I was forced to watch 'The White Heather Club' on a regular basis.

There are several generations of kids forced to watch Jules Holland's Hootenanny by their middle class parents and who will undoubtedly remember it with the same fondness we reserve for Andy Stewart.

37I Hate New Year's Eve  - Page 2 Empty Re: I Hate New Year's Eve Tue Dec 23 2014, 13:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wessy wrote:
Okocha wrote:

Cheap pedantry at its most unreasonable and unnecessary, Wessy. Now I know why you are dressed as you are in your avatar..........

More seriously, we've been back to NY; The One World Trade Center (sic) is a magnificent monument full of symbolism, but somehow the little chapel nearby, where many of the dead and dying were lovingly tended, is more poignant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum