Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - QUICK QUID sponsorship deal OFF!!!

+31
JAH
Michael Bolton
Quent
rammywhite
JakeSnake
Culcheth_White
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
waynagain
terenceanne
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
observer
wanderlust
Triumph
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
WhiteBic
doffcocker
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
SKDArmy
Hipster_Nebula
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you contact your mortgage lender and take payment holidays (which are available) until you find yourself a job. If you don't manage to find yourself a job then you will have to sell up I'm afraid.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DSS to see what your entitlements are plus an emergency social loan if need be, then the CAB to see what they can help you with, then your mortgage lender to see if they will temporarily roll the interest into the capital outstanding,then your family, then your friends, then the food bank, then HMRC to see if there's a refund of overpaid PAYE (as you may have no further earnings that year) -then at the end of a longer list than this one of these legalised lending sharks. The trouble is that they deal with social classes C and D- and they know they've got them trapped- nowhere else to go.
If you ever get the chance watch 'Raining Stones'- a film by Ken Loach ( who directed Kathy Come Home, Ae Fond Kiss, Kes, amongst others)- and you'll see what these people are really like. It's one of the best films ever made in the UK- based on Langley estate -and it shows exactly how these people operate.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:you contact your mortgage lender and take payment holidays (which are available) until you find yourself a job. If you don't manage to find yourself a job then you will have to sell up I'm afraid.

You're dreaming. Banks won't give you a payment holiday if you've lost your job.

And yes you might have to sell up, but you probably won't get enough to cover what you owe the bank - that's if you can sell the property before the bank decide to do it for you at auction.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

People are entitled to help with the interest they have to pay on their mortgages. Add this to other benefits available to people who lose their jobs and they have more than enough to survive without having to go to one of these loan companies. This is a fact so don't even try and argue with me.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:People are entitled to help with the interest they have to pay on their mortgages. Add this to other benefits available to people who lose their jobs and they have more than enough to survive without having to go to one of these loan companies. This is a fact so don't even try and argue with me.

I tried saying this yesterday but got nowhere, good luck.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I tried saying this yesterday but got nowhere, good luck.

But you didn't say "don't argue with me".

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people will be better off if they lose their job.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It could be worse... it could have been Pounds to Pockets!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or even, even worse.

Cash Lady

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's been a facebook page set up to show you're not happy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Small intersting fact.....

QuickQuid is the trading name of CashEuroNetUK, LLC. CashEuroNetUK, LLC is a Limited Liability Company incorporated in the United States. Head Office: 200 W. Jackson Blvd., 14th Floor, Chicago, IL USA.

Pounds to Pocket is also a CashEuroNetUK company!

So CashEuroNetUK are based in Delaware, Chicago!

And after a bit of digging guess who owns CashEuroNet UK?

BANK OF AMERICA - the same Bank that got into massive problems with the sub-prime Market in the US and overseas!!!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

False advertising.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

I said this on the twitter thread but I think itll get lost there so copied and pasted

y2johnny Today at 5:53 pmDo we really need the piss poor 250k a season these lot are paying us. Fuck them off and fuck zat knight off to balance the books and then give the shirt sponsorship to a charity for nothing like the bhf or bolton hospice.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Listen pals, I am pretty sure newcastle's new sponsors are wonga, they are not arsed. Quick quid are alright, I sometimes phone them up for a borrow if I see a good bet I fancy. There is a reason they are called quick quid you know - the money is in your bank in 15 minutes.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc71 wrote:Small intersting fact.....

QuickQuid is the trading name of CashEuroNetUK, LLC. CashEuroNetUK, LLC is a Limited Liability Company incorporated in the United States. Head Office: 200 W. Jackson Blvd., 14th Floor, Chicago, IL USA.

Pounds to Pocket is also a CashEuroNetUK company!

So CashEuroNetUK are based in Delaware, Chicago!

And after a bit of digging guess who owns CashEuroNet UK?

BANK OF AMERICA - the same Bank that got into massive problems with the sub-prime Market in the US and overseas!!!

Delaware is no where near Chicago.

Bank of America is my bank - they suck, but so do all the other Banks.

The Bank of America paid back the money they got from the Government.

Another company who got a lot more money from the Government and still hasn't paid it back is AIG - yes, the company who paid United 65 million dollars to put AIG on their shirts and it didn't hurt their shirt sales.

I think I should order a new shirt now as I will be the ONLY person to buy one and it will be worth a fortune in a couple of years.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:I said this on the twitter thread but I think itll get lost there so copied and pasted

y2johnny Today at 5:53 pmDo we really need the piss poor 250k a season these lot are paying us. Fuck them off and fuck zat knight off to balance the books and then give the shirt sponsorship to a charity for nothing like the bhf or bolton hospice.

I can't put it as eloquently as y2 johnny- but I agree with his sentiments.
Have a drive through Johnson Fold, or Breightmet, or Deane- that's where QuickQuid will make their money locally -people who are desperate and on their uppers. In a fairer society,with genuinely concerned politicians( not this bunch of self serving incompetents) then support systems would be in place to help those who are in such a desperate financial state.
The fact that QQ make enough to give it to a football club that I support ( simply to get more business and give them the air of respectability) makes me feel dirty.
I think BWFC have sold their soul - and I hope they think again about this.
Gartside- it's not worth 30 pieces of silver.

rammywhite wrote:

In a fairer society,with genuinely concerned politicians( not this bunch of self serving incompetents) then support systems would be in place to help those who are in such a desperate financial state.

Isn't that what welfare is for though?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am unsure where to stand about quick quid and these short term loan companies. I do think it's bad that the poorest people to loan money have to pay crazy rates to borrow, but without this option what would they do? At least loan sharks are not needed by people now.

Loans are horrible no matter how much or for how long but they are part of life and are needed by people.

Whether our club should advertise them is a dilemma.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

In a fairer society,with genuinely concerned politicians( not this bunch of self serving incompetents) then support systems would be in place to help those who are in such a desperate financial state.

Yes it is- but it works for some but not for others. As many on this thread have pointed out- its those on low wages, or who lose their jobs and have short term cash problems that use these companies.
In a more efficient system these people would be picked up by a welfare system and helped- all the origins of the welfare state that we have. It fails though- and hence organisations like QQ fill the gap . Back steet loan sharks used to do it- now its front street lenders with neon signs and uniforms who fill the gap.
There will always be feckless people wo will need and use these types of businesses- but I'd rather not be seeing my football club benefitting from other peoples problems or incompetence

rammywhite wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Yes it is- but it works for some but not for others. As many on this thread have pointed out- its those on low wages, or who lose their jobs and have short term cash problems that use these companies.
In a more efficient system these people would be picked up by a welfare system and helped- all the origins of the welfare state that we have. It fails though- and hence organisations like QQ fill the gap . Back steet loan sharks used to do it- now its front street lenders with neon signs and uniforms who fill the gap.
There will always be feckless people wo will need and use these types of businesses- but I'd rather not be seeing my football club benefitting from other peoples problems or incompetence

Fair enough, I think I share Michael Bolton's view. In two minds about the whole thing. Be interesting to know the difference in QQ and Appliances Onlines' offers to judge what the club 'sold out' for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum