Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BT broadband free sport.

+5
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
scottjames30
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BT broadband free sport. Empty BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 18:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen you get 38 games for free if you take out the above.

Is anyone getting it?

2BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 18:19

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Its more than that....

You get BT Sport1, BT Sport2 and ESPN (but not ESPN Classics or ESPN America as they are closing) for free if you are a BT Broadband customer and have either their TV service or Sky TV service.

The deal also includes Conference League, FA Cup, Rugby Union, a new NHL deal starting in August, Tennis and a hell of a lot more sport.

Plus out of those 38 matches a season, for next 3 seasons, BT also have 18 of the top picks of Premier League.

Already signed up - plus also saving £12/month due to the fact that the SKY-ESPN subscription is no more!!!

3BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 18:19

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is a great offer to be fair. I will definitely be buying it. I buy Sky Sports and ESPN - ESPN I loved for the Prem football, UFC and Aussie Rules. I think BT will be getting all those plus a few other things like WTA tennis so I can watch Ana Ivanovic still Very Happy

4BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 20:36

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yep! I have cancelled my AOL broadband and phone package, I have also cancelled my sky subscription for TV, which was a fooking nightmare! I must have been on the phone for half an hour, telling them that I wanted to join BT.

I am still being bombarded with 0800 numbers from Sky and letters in the post. Sky can fook right off! They didn't want to know when my sky box was slightly faulty.

I am going to save around £10 a month by moving to BT and that includes the footy games, that I wasn't getting on my current AOL & sky deal.

5BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 20:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you get BT Sport as a pay monthly subscription channel with Sky like you could with ESPN?

6BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 20:50

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can you get BT Sport as a pay monthly subscription channel with Sky like you could with ESPN?
Don't think so. I think you can only get the BT sports channels, If you subscribe to their broadband.

7BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 20:53

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Can you get BT Sport as a pay monthly subscription channel with Sky like you could with ESPN?

Yes you can. If you have a sky subscription, then just phone up BT Sport and it will cost £12/month or £15/month for HD. (I also understand they are also in talks with talktalk TV and Virgin media before the channels start on 1 August)

This gives you access to:
BT Sport 1
BT Sport 2
ESPN

There are rumours that BT are close to buying Setanta Sports which also includes the Premier Sports Channel in the UK, so there could be a fourth channel when the network begins on 1st August!

Last edited by bwfc71 on Sat May 25 2013, 20:57; edited 1 time in total

8BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Yes you can. If you have a sky subscription, then just phone up BT Sport and it will cost £12/month or £15/month for HD. (I also understand they are also in talks with talktalk TV and Virgin media before the channels start on 1 August)

Thanks, I knew your useless info would come in handy one day Very Happy

9BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 20:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Thanks, I knew your useless info would come in handy one day Very Happy

It works wonders in Quiz Nights - since moving back to UK my team has only lost once!!! Next step either Only Connect or Eggheads!

10BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sat May 25 2013, 23:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm currently on sky broadband at the moment and this BT thing is seriously tempting me to shut up shop with SKY who can be a fucking nightmare.

11BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 18:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought the offer was only for watching BT sport online, not through your tv? i am tempted as my sky broadband is painfully slow - i only get an average speed of 1meg.

12BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 19:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got BT broadband it's shite.

do i get this sport?

13BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 19:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have BT Broadband already - So I get BT Sports free. If you register with them (by ringing them) before 1st August you also get the channels in HD free.

14BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 20:13

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've just found this, I think bwfc71 is right, but you can get BT sport for free, as I mentioned, If you have broadband with them.

BT Sport isn't free as you have to pay for BT broadband. What's more, you pay an additional £3/month for HD, though this is waived if you sign up before 1 August.

Those with TV and broadband from Sky will be able to get the BT Sport channels for £15/month in HD or £12/month without, plus a one-off activation fee of £15.

If you have TV with Sky but broadband with BT, BT Sport is free.

15BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 21:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:

Is this true? I hope so as I don't want to get rid of Sky.

16BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 21:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have sky tv and I have Bt Broadband. I have already registered for BT sports and it will be free along with the HD

17BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 21:46

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

It is true. I think I will be moving to bt broadband too. But I do wonder if 12 months down the line whether they will say it's £9 a month for the sports channel - once they have got huge numbers switching to their broadband.

18BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 21:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

It is true. I think I will be moving to bt broadband too. But I do wonder if 12 months down the line whether they will say it's £9 a month for the sports channel - once they have got huge numbers switching to their broadband.

I have no doubt that they will.

they are starting these channels from fresh and want as many viewers as possible so that they can raise the advertsing slot prices. Thsi time next year a charge will be introduced as they will then have a viewing base and then regulate the advertsing prices more properly and get a retrun on their costs as quickly as possible.

It a s model that Sky used when they first started Sky Sports (merger of the original Eurosport and BSB's Sport Channel). It was free until a season after they gained the football and then went down the subscription route.

19BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 22:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If they put some American College Sports on it I'd pay for it, but i bet they don't.

20BT broadband free sport. Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 22:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If they put some American College Sports on it I'd pay for it, but i bet they don't.

BT Sport own ESPN(UK) from July 1st and as such ESPN is one of the channels (although they are not keeping ESPN America - most of that channels programming is going onto BT Sports-ESPN - and they are not keeping ESPN Classics0 so yes they will!

Check out Sky Channels 413 and 414 for full details

Last edited by bwfc71 on Sun May 26 2013, 22:19; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum