Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BT broadband free sport.

+5
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Michael Bolton
bwfc71
scottjames30
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21BT broadband free sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 22:17

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If they put some American College Sports on it I'd pay for it, but i bet they don't.

American college sports?

22BT broadband free sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 22:19

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

At least Sky have competition for a change, which should hopefully, benefit us sport fans.

23BT broadband free sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 22:23

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Culcheth_White wrote:At least Sky have competition for a change, which should hopefully, benefit us sport fans.

True but you have to say Sky have done the most brilliant job with sports, I don't begrudge them the profits they make, they are first class when it comes to sports coverage.
I like Sky as a company, I hate Virgin Media with a passion. Every bloody week for the past 3 years I get something through the post from them trying to get me back. I keep hoping there will be a return envelope in what they send so that I can have a dump in it and post it back.

24BT broadband free sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Sun May 26 2013, 22:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But if anything there will actually be no true competition for Sky.

Setanta tried and failed - so much so that the UK company actually went into administration.

ESPN is the biggest sports network in the world, being 80% owned by Disney and 20& owned by Hearst - but they have decided to pull out of Europe altogether!!!

So will BT actually provide the competition or will it go the same way as the other two at the next Premier League franchise round!!!

Cannot say that Fox Sports is competition as that is a Murdoch owned company like BSkyB. But lets not forget in Europe their is Canal+ which could provide future competition but even Sky is expanding in Europe with Sky-Germany, Sky-Italy and taking a 70% stake in the Sport 1 network!!!

25BT broadband free sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Mon May 27 2013, 18:05

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think anybody would disagree, that Sky have a brilliant sports package. It would be very difficult for a rival company to compete against them.

My main gripe with Sky is the price. I was paying them around £70 a month, for all of their channels and HD. I was paying extra for my broadband and telephone in addition to this, with another company.

With BT, I will be getting broadband, telephone, all the freeview channels, plus the sports channels, all this for around £40 a month.

There is only so much football you can watch, BT offer around 38 Premiership games next season, which is fine for me. I have a busy life, especially with 2 kids and a dog. I couldn't possibly have time to watch Sky's 120 plus footy games, that they offer.

BT sounds about right, for me, so I'll give it a go.

26BT broadband free sport. - Page 2 Empty Re: BT broadband free sport. Mon May 27 2013, 21:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

After reading this thread a few days ago I decided to try a different provider for my broadband.

Well thanks to virgins price on their broadband stand alone deal which I was about to sign up for I have managed to cut my Sky Broadband price by 30% Very Happy Funny what price you can get knocked off a bill when you're about to cancel your contract with a company.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum