Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jedinak?

+7
Bernard Dennis Park
josh31
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jedinak? Empty Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 10:59

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently, Dougie will try and sign Jedinak from Palace, but ONLY if Palace fail to win their playoff final against Watford tomorrow.

He'll cost around £2 million plus.

2Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 11:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We don't have that sort of cash to spend on an almost 29 year old.

I'd rather it went to bringing Dawson back

3Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We don't have that sort of cash to spend on an almost 29 year old.

You mean a 28 year old in his prime?

Dawson will cost at least £5m, never going to happen.

4Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 12:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

£2million would be a good piece of business for him IMO, good player and one of the key players in helping Palace in their fight for promotion.

Can we all forget about Dawson coming back, it's not going to happen unless some saudi billionaire buys us out.

5Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 12:59

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

28 is a good age for a quality midfielder. Jedinak could have at least another 4 or 5 years left in him.

From what I've heard, Dougie has been given the go ahead to spend some cash, so I wouldn't rule out us signing Dawson as well.

6Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 14:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:We don't have that sort of cash to spend on an almost 29 year old.

You mean a 28 year old in his prime?

Dawson will cost at least £5m, never going to happen.

He'll be 29 when the season starts.

7Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 14:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anybody for 2 mill is relatively cheap IMO.
I never saw him play though....anybody know if he is any good?

8Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 14:52

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

Dawson's not gonna be first choice next season, if we bid 2 or 3 million we could have a chance of getting him

9Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 14:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Dawson would cost way more than £2-3million imo.

And West Brom don't want to sell him.

10Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 15:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon seems to think we could get Dawson, somebody asked and Nixon replied "trying hard"

11Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 15:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Nixon seems to think we could get Dawson, somebody asked and Nixon replied "trying hard"

:facepalm:

He's bound to say that just in case it comes off.

It's his trademark.

12Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 15:45

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now he has be playing regularly he won't want to sit on the bench, from WBA's perspective he may be better served on a season long loan with us. Would love to get him permanently but we may have to be patient and see if he's involved at the start of the season.

13Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 19:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dawson was mentioned by Roy Hodgson as a future England CB and is highly rated. WBA will be looking for zillions and clearly want to keep him - it would be a fantastic coup if we could get him but it's not realistic.
Jedinak is a good deal at £2 million but I thought that deal was dead when we got Medo - although those two would be a strong central mid pairing. The implication is we have no chance of Spearing coming back - or that Dougie is building depth into the squad in which case he doesn't feel Vela will cut it.
Be interesting to see how it pans out.
However if Palace don't get promoted I'd expect them to want to hang on to Jedinak even more so I'm not sure where he's going with this - maybe just fishing around for a bargain.

14Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 19:26

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Dawson was mentioned by Roy Hodgson as a future England CB and is highly rated. WBA will be looking for zillions and clearly want to keep him - it would be a fantastic coup if we could get him but it's not realistic.
I disagree. Does Steve Clarke really fancy Dawson? I'm not too sure. I don't think Dawson will be first choice at WBA next season and I think we'll get him for around £3 million.

15Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 19:52

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Dawson was mentioned by Roy Hodgson as a future England CB and is highly rated. WBA will be looking for zillions and clearly want to keep him - it would be a fantastic coup if we could get him but it's not realistic.
I disagree. Does Steve Clarke really fancy Dawson? I'm not too sure. I don't think Dawson will be first choice at WBA next season and I think we'll get him for around £3 million.
Obviously Dawson should be our first choice to acquire. What a difference he made on the team... even made Knight look passable.

16Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 20:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
I would be delighted if we got him but Dawson had a great loan spell with us, Jonas Olssen is 30 and looked poor against Manure, Hodgson mentioned Dawson in dispatches, Dougie said he wouldn't get him and putting this altogether and I'm struggling to see how it would happen.
Really don't expect to see him in a Wanderers shirt again, but it would be a bonus if it happened.

17Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 20:35

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

Dawson went back and started against City, then was dropped completely for the next match and on the bench for the united game, make of that what you will

18Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Sun May 26 2013, 20:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

josh31 wrote:Dawson went back and started against City, then was dropped completely for the next match and on the bench for the united game, make of that what you will
Clarke is checking if Olssen's form continues to slip IMO.

19Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Mon May 27 2013, 17:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jedinak's performance in the final and the gushing reviews from the pundits will probably have seriously damaged our chances of getting him, plus he'll want to play in the prem. Thought he would have made a tidy partner for little Medo.

20Jedinak? Empty Re: Jedinak? Mon May 27 2013, 17:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't care we've got holden

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic