Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan

+13
Hip Priest
Angry Dad
NickFazer
waynagain
Natasha Whittam
WhiteBic
wanderlust
Born to be a wanderer
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Boggersbelief
JakeSnake
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Wed May 29 2013, 14:54

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Reports today suggest that Roma, Torino and Cagliari are looking at Adam Bogdan however according to his agent he is happy at Bolton

"Many teams have been looking at him, but that's natural for an international player who performs at such a high level.

"Adam was among the best goalkeepers in the Championship, he played a great number of games and had lots of good performances

"His manager considers him to be the best in the league, so it's no surprise that his name appears alongside some serious teams that are looking for a new goalkeeper.

"It's useless to comment on these Italian reports and on concrete names because Adam is contracted to Bolton and feels good there.

"So far we can only talk about possible interest, and it's likely that there will be more. But Bolton haven't received any offers and they want him to stay."

If he thinks he had a good season then he was clearly watching someone else and I think we would easily cope without him, also we would get a few quid and it could be spent quickly (excuse the pun)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sell him and bring back al habsi.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we could get a few million for him I wouldn't be sorry to see him go tbh.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we get a decent offer then let him so, Lonergan is a better keeper IMO so it's not like we are losing a top drawer keeper.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Frees up room for our promising young keepers such as Jay Lynch, Rob Lainton and Jan-Ole Sievers. I'm a little annoyed with myself for being able to rattle off those names with no need for research.
I'm a Bolton nerd. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bogdens had another great season,well his agent is bound to say that I thought he was shit.Poor with crosses corners,long range shots fumbles ie Ipswich at home,Barnsley away.the first goal away at Millwall was as soft as you will ever see.Im with Boggers sell him and get Al Habsi back.Im sure if Roma were looking at him they would put a good offer in.Lonerghan IMO is better anyway,just in case Al Habsi was a non starter.Off to China tomorrow work so be back for start of season if not sooner.My Mrs will keep me updated.Hopefully plenty of good signings.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a good trip BTBAW.
My concern is that we have a history of keeping young players for ages who do nothing for us, move on for peanuts and suddenly start looking the part. Alonso has started to show a bit of form and even Vaz Te looks comfortable in the premiership now. Could Boggers be one of those who is still developing? It's possible as he's still quite young, especially in "goalie years."

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I honestly thought that Bogdan would mature this year and become a really solid keeper. I was wrong, he pretty bad in most games and his confidence was at a real low at the turn of the year. A keeper that is clearly out of form and has zero confidence has a negative effect on the defenders. This is part of the reason why we never looked like keeping a clean sheat earlier this season.

IMO I would cash in, £2m! I would snatch the bleeding hands off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with WhiteBic.

Dougie did well last season, but one of his mistakes was persisting with Bogdan for so long, and then bringing him back after his injury. Without Bogdan's fumbles and mistakes we'd have made the play-offs.

It's decisions like this that I don't understand. Lonergan was excellent during his spell, did nowt wrong, and found himself back on the bench. Weird.

10Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Wed May 29 2013, 17:50

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I agree with WhiteBic.

Dougie did well last season, but one of his mistakes was persisting with Bogdan for so long, and then bringing him back after his injury. Without Bogdan's fumbles and mistakes we'd have made the play-offs.

It's decisions like this that I don't understand. Lonergan was excellent during his spell, did nowt wrong, and found himself back on the bench. Weird.

Bogdan and Knight were FIRST choice on the teamsheet for Freedman last season and will be again next season

11Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Wed May 29 2013, 18:31

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I understand that people would not be too upset if Bogdan left, but I don't get the Al Habsi thing, I've seen him drop plenty of clangers over the last season or two. He's the same as Bogdan, decent to good shot stopper but lacks concentration and likely to spill a cross or shot at any time, don't see Al Habsi as an improvement.

12Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Wed May 29 2013, 22:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I hope he goes.

13Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Wed May 29 2013, 23:55

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No top Italian club could possibly be interested in Bogdan after his shaky performances last season,let alone pay big money for him. It's the usual agent bullsh1t aimed at getting the club to offer him a new deal on better terms. Drop him and make him second choice behind Lonergan who looks a solid keeper whenever I've seen him. Why people go on and on about Al-Habsi is beyond me. The bloke's got a rick in him every week from what I've seen.

14Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 08:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:No top Italian club could possibly be interested in Bogdan after his shaky performances last season,let alone pay big money for him. It's the usual agent bullsh1t aimed at getting the club to offer him a new deal on better terms. Drop him and make him second choice behind Lonergan who looks a solid keeper whenever I've seen him. Why people go on and on about Al-Habsi is beyond me. The bloke's got a rick in him every week from what I've seen.

I agree, but the same thing could be said about Alonso. Poor defender and slower than Paul Robinson but he's now a Serie A player.

Football is all about who you know, not how good you are.

15Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 09:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hip Priest wrote:No top Italian club could possibly be interested in Bogdan after his shaky performances last season,let alone pay big money for him. It's the usual agent bullsh1t aimed at getting the club to offer him a new deal on better terms. Drop him and make him second choice behind Lonergan who looks a solid keeper whenever I've seen him. Why people go on and on about Al-Habsi is beyond me. The bloke's got a rick in him every week from what I've seen.

I agree, but the same thing could be said about Alonso. Poor defender and slower than Paul Robinson but he's now a Serie A player.

Football is all about who you know, not how good you are.
Alonso is good enough for Serie A - he just looked exposed playing in our system, especially under Coyle where everyone was pushed forward. They don't usually play so recklessly in Italy - quite the opposite in most cases. For me the bottom line is that Alonso has improved considerably and just looked out of place at times in our system where he was asked to be both defender and midfielder and ended up being neither. With the right system, Alonso could be top class and he is a big loss to us, both financially and in terms of options on the park.

16Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 11:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have to admit I can't see what all the fuss is about.....Boggers does not impress me at the moment. Goalie's get better as the years go by so maybe he will be more dominant this season. It's a position that there should be no debate about.

17Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Alonso is good enough for Serie A - he just looked exposed playing in our system, especially under Coyle where everyone was pushed forward. They don't usually play so recklessly in Italy - quite the opposite in most cases. For me the bottom line is that Alonso has improved considerably and just looked out of place at times in our system where he was asked to be both defender and midfielder and ended up being neither. With the right system, Alonso could be top class and he is a big loss to us, both financially and in terms of options on the park.

Ha ha, good post Mr WUM.

So Alonso isn't good enough to defend against the likes of Barnsley and Peterborough, but will be world class against Inter, AC Milan and Juventus?

Clearly his complete lack of pace and habit of being caught in possession will go down a treat in Italy.

We should think twice before selling Mills to Leeds, perhaps Napoli will pay £20m for an overweight tosspot who can't control, pass or head a ball.

18Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 13:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I hope he goes.

disrespectful.

19Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 19:12

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Perhaps we could have Bogdan the Meerkat as his replacement and Compare the Market as sponsors?

20Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Empty Re: Transfer Rumour Update: Adam Bogdan Thu May 30 2013, 21:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Soul Kitchen wrote:Perhaps we could have Bogdan the Meerkat as his replacement and Compare the Market as sponsors?

After seeing some of his keeping last season i'd say we already have him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum