Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

vaz te and Taylor

+9
rammywhite
waynagain
Jamster26
wessy
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
scottjames30
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1vaz te and Taylor Empty vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 18:11

Released by the spammers. Do a job for us?

2vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 18:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Ngog better than vaz te ?

3vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 18:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Matty's too slow to catch a cold these days and I'm still pissed off with Vaz Te for all those years we paid him without him ever turning in a decent performance. Neither for me thanks.

4vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 20:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Released by the spammers. Do a job for us?

I'd rather spend the day with Angry Dad.

5vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 20:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Released by the spammers. Do a job for us?

I'd rather spend the day with Angry Dad.

Hope you know your place then. Assume the position! Smile

6vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 20:24

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Matty Taylor is now 31 and he's probably on at least 30/40K a week at West Ham, so it's not really a surprise.

I'm a little bit confused about Vaz Te though, he was shite for us, but he has a decent record at West Ham and Barnsley and he's only 26. Shocked

7vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 20:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Taylor was a typical Megson signing. All graft, no technique, booting aside. It was a good decision to get him off the wage bill when we did and bank £2m. I don't imagine us in a better position now had he stayed. 

I think Vaz Te is the same player that left three years ago. He only scored three goals last season, which he once managed at Bolton. The Championship is certainly his level.

8vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 21:15

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a good idea to go backwards, Matt Taylor did a job for us but we no longer need him.

Vaz Te now he is interesting, when everyone thought he was a pudding on ice, i always thought he had all the attributes to be a player, this form was franked by Big Sam he stuck by him through injury with no reward, and took a punt on him at West Ham.

However he is now letting him go? with his record here he is to much of a risk, but i think the jury is still out on him , Quote: "The championship is certainly his level" not sure about that?. Probably as good as anything we currently have.

9vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sat Jun 22 2013, 21:36

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Taylor would be a decent player at this level. He is getting on abit and will probably command high wages though.

10vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 02:29

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I know somebody who actually has a bolton shirt with Vaz Te on the back - he goes on the Mavies Forum

11vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:02

Taylor is and always has been shit, his pace and stamina were unbelievably poor for a premier league footballer. It amazes me that fans whine when they see Taylor score for west ham, his contribution to the team was horrendous, couldn't pass, beat a man or tackle. Doffcoker's right he was a typical Megson waste of money, if we had £2 million now it would have to be spent more wisely.

I'd take Vaz Te back though purely because he's on a free and shown he can perform at this level. He has a bit of pace and flair which we lack badly. Is this definitely true? Surprised by Allardyce to release Vaz Te considering he didnt have a full season, but it's a big statement as to the calibre of player he seems to want at the club.

12vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Taylor definitely not- and I would say no to Vaz Te also. Players returning to their old clubs usually ends up in tears.  Frandsen coming back from Blackburn was a success- but that's rare.
Vaz Te did nothing for us when we had him for years- apart from wear gold coloured boots and fall over.
His style is too much like N'gogs- and with a limited squad we can't take a risk on what might happen if he turns out to be better this time than last.
We need an efficient striker  who can regularly score goals for us -simple and clinical- not someone who meanders about the box hoping that the something might happen that gives  him  time and space to get a shot away and on target.
If we're serious about getting promoted we need better than Vaz Te- there's too much risk attached to him

13vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 10:03

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Taylor is too old and expensive for us now, we need to look forward.
As for 'Bambi on ice' solely remembered for a goal in Portugal which was probably a flook as we saw nothing like it again. We persevered during his period of injury then when almost fit he  refused the chance of games on loan with Hamilton Accies preferring to stay with us getting paid for nowt. No wonder we lost patience with him and released him. He had his chance and blew it. Still under contract at West Spam, they want him off the payroll and want big money for him! Once bitten twice shy!

14vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 10:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fat Sam only picked up Vaz Te for Spam after he'd done well at Barnsley where Keith Hill played him as an out and out striker and he scored a goal every other game. Obviously Sam couldn't play him up front with the likes of Cole and Carroll so Vaz Te ended up back on the wing where he remains a flashy show off scoring very few and not particularly good crossing ability. Believes his own hype that lad.

15vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 11:40

They haven't been released by West Ham. They are selling them, Vaz Te for £4 million and Taylor for £1-£2m. Trying to recoup some money they shelled out (wasted) on the Andy Carroll transfer

16vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 12:50

wanderlust wrote:Fat Sam only picked up Vaz Te for Spam after he'd done well at Barnsley where Keith Hill played him as an out and out striker and he scored a goal every other game. Obviously Sam couldn't play him up front with the likes of Cole and Carroll so Vaz Te ended up back on the wing where he remains a flashy show off scoring very few and not particularly good crossing ability. Believes his own hype that lad.

Does he believe his own hype just because he wears gold boots? I'm not sure how you can make a claim like that about him to be fair, cant remember him saying or doing anything that suggests that.

He's got a great record for West Ham and Barnsley at this level, he'd be worth a go (but not for £4 million).

17vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 12:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vaz Te is one of the worst players ever to pull on the white shirt. I don't think I've ever seen a player fall over so often.

Amazing that any sane person would want him back.

18vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 15:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather have Taylor than Vaz Te.

absolute donkey.

19vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 15:54

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Neither thank you very much!!!

20vaz te and Taylor Empty Re: vaz te and Taylor Sun Jun 23 2013, 16:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
I'd take Vaz Te back though purely because he's on a free and shown he can perform at this level. He has a bit of pace and flair which we lack badly.

I would too but the article I read yesterday suggested not that he'd been released but that he - along with a few others like Taylor - would be sold to offset the cost of Carroll.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum