Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driving

+9
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
bwfc71
Michael Bolton
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Driving Empty Driving Sun Jul 07 2013, 20:17

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its no fun anymore and the roads are full of pricks that i want to seriously ram off the road and beat up. Been driving in london today mainly Brixton and then down to Edenbridge kent, that was ok but london in this heat is crazy, i just dont enjoy it anymore, apart for my classics , anyone else feel that way?

2Driving Empty Re: Driving Sun Jul 07 2013, 20:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I drive for a living. Monday to Friday roughly 7 hours a day on the M6 and M62. The roads in the UK are far too congested. I read somewhere that there are more cars in the UK per square mile than anywhere else in the World. At peak times a 15 mile journey can take well over an hour and the cost of fuel is just a piss take. I love driving in Spain, bags of open road and plenty of space.

Our roads are a joke but the reality is, that we are a small island with a big population, most of whom have cars.

3Driving Empty Re: Driving Sun Jul 07 2013, 21:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fucking hate other drivers.

4Driving Empty Re: Driving Sun Jul 07 2013, 21:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate it when you let someone by in the car and they just ignore you.

we need progress2k13 on the roads.

5Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:10

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've never driven abroad, but Russia looks pretty exciting! 

6Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

shameful.

like i said Progress2k13.

fighting each other over something like that.

7Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:21

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Culcheth_White wrote:I've never driven abroad, but Russia looks pretty exciting! 

Just class. There are loads of videos on youtube from the roads in Russia. I would love to drive on the roads in Russia, it would be just fantastic entertainment seeing all the crashes and punch ups.

8Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 21:25

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is the best one. You have to check out the class act done at 2:00, it is just superb.

9Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 22:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't even get me started on this subject....

The number of tossers (both female and male) who do not indicate at junctions, roundabouts etc

The number of wankers who do not know how to drive around a roundabout

The number of pricks who still use a mobile, by hand, whilst driving - on almost came into me tonight because he was chatting away and took the junction wide (vastly going over the centre white line!)

That is just for starters....

10Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 22:36

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:Don't even get me started on this subject....

The number of tossers (both female and male) who do not indicate at junctions, roundabouts etc

The number of wankers who do not know how to drive around a roundabout

The number of pricks who still use a mobile, by hand, whilst driving - on almost came into me tonight because he was chatting away and took the junction wide (vastly going over the centre white line!)

That is just for starters....

Carry on BWFC71. 
It winds me up when cars don't indicate at roundabouts and junctions. The other week I was at a T junction and a car was coming down from my right so I waited 10 seconds and then he turned left on to the road I was on without indicating. I was fuming and shouted "You fat bastard" as he turned in. 
It isn't because they can't drive or don't know the rules of the road, they are just ignorant tossers who don't give a shit about others.

11Driving Empty Re: Driving Mon Jul 08 2013, 22:43

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Any body noticed that all Volvo drivers are complete and utter wankers ? Without exception they are 100 % the shittest drivers on the road ! Who the fuck would buy a car that has its headlights on 24/7 for a start !

12Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 00:49

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've been having driving lessons in the past 4 months, I must admit the worst drivers I have come across are the over 60's.

13Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 06:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Why? What have they done to annoy you. How do you know they're over 60- are they not more likely to be over 70? And therefore more cautious?

14Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 07:49

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

One way streets in China are a bit scary!

15Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 09:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The problem is most folk haven't had any driver training since they passed their tests. Bad habits come into play and the driving standard decays, tyres on tarmac, 2 second rule as examples.
As for mobile phones, a 12 month ban would do nicely! It's as bad as drink driving so why not?

16Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 10:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good points SK.

If anyone seriously wants to improve their driving I suggest they think about getting in touch with the Institute of Advanced Motoring (IAM). I was persuaded to take their course by my wife and I'm glad I did. It definitely helped me improve my driving and I have been driving for years.

One of the problems is that most people think they are a good driver, like 90% of people think they have an above average sense of humour, and won't admit that they could improve. So the IAM mostly attracts older drivers like myself who may have acquired a little bit of wisdom as we get older.

17Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 10:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I did a defensive driving course a couple of years ago and learned loads of stuff which I have tried to incorporate into my driving. Use of handbrake is very important but lazy drivers sit with their foot on the brake pedal!
Second lane on motorways is another where folk are having a daydream.
BTW I don't consider myself a good dtiver but I do try to concentrate and drive sensibly.

18Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A couple of tips I would add are:

1. try not to brake on a bend, brake before the bend
2. avoid doing two things simultaneously if possible i.e. braking and changing gear, steering and changing gear
3. get your speed right then change gear.

19Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:58

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All that is common sense if you think about it, but that's the diificult thing! Unless of course, like you have done, somebody points it out! Cheers.
Another one is anticipating the road ahead, that is nigh on impossible if you are stuck up somebody's exhaust lol. Twosecond rule again.

20Driving Empty Re: Driving Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:25

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I reckon I am the best driver on the roads, no course would improve my driving as it is different class.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum