Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Remember Your Dreams?

+15
karlypants
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
gloswhite
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Keegan
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Nov 26 2018, 19:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I genuinely have no answer to that  Smile

42Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 11:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a strange one on Saturday.
Went to a Wanderers game , although I have no idea who we were playing, and on a bright, sunlit day, we won 3-0, with Zach Clough playing a blinder, despite not being at the club any more.
After the game I bought a red Mini Cooper, with a dodgy driver side door, that kept sticking. On the way home I bought a puppy, and for whatever reason, named it Seamus.
On arriving home, my Dad, who died in 1997, came out of the house and asked why I'd bought a car, bearing in mind I couldn't drive.
The dream ended there. Very odd.

43Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 13:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Had a strange one on Saturday.
Went to a Wanderers game , although I have no idea who we were playing, and on a bright, sunlit day, we won 3-0, with Zach Clough playing a blinder, despite not being at the club any more.
After the game I bought a red Mini Cooper, with a dodgy driver side door, that kept sticking. On the way home I bought a puppy, and for whatever reason, named it Seamus.
On arriving home, my Dad, who died in 1997, came out of the house and asked why I'd bought a car, bearing in mind I couldn't drive.
The dream ended there. Very odd.
It's wish fulfillment, especially the bit about us winning a game:

Freud (1900) went on to propose that a major function of dreams was the fulfillment of wishes.
Freud distinguished between the manifest content of a dream (what the dreamer remembers) and the latent content, the symbolic meaning of the dream (i.e., the underlying wish). The manifest content is often based on the events of the day.
The process whereby the underlying wish is translated into the manifest content is called dreamwork. The purpose of dreamwork is to transform the forbidden wish into a non-threatening form, thus reducing anxiety and allowing us to continue sleeping. Dreamwork involves the process of condensation, displacement, and secondary elaboration.
The process of condensation is the joining of two or more ideas/images into one. For example, a dream about a man may be a dream about both one's father and one's lover. A dream about a house might be the condensation of worries about security as well as worries about one's appearance to the rest of the world.
Displacement takes place when we transform the person or object we are really concerned about to someone else. For example, one of Freud’s patients was extremely resentful of his sister-in-law and used to refer to her as a dog, dreamed of strangling a small white dog.
Freud interpreted this as representing his wish to kill his sister-in-law.  If the patient would have really dreamed of killing his sister-in-law, he would have felt guilty. The unconscious mind transformed her into a dog to protect him.
Secondary elaboration occurs when the unconscious mind strings together wish-fulfilling images in a logical order of events, further obscuring the latent content.  According to Freud, this is why the manifest content of dreams can be in the form of believable events.

44Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't be doing with Freud. Very Happy

45Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Can't be doing with Freud. Very Happy

...denial is a concept originating with the psychodynamic theories of Sigmund Freud.

46Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 15:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This looks interesting. Or not.

ABOUT THE JOKE AND ITS RELATION TO THE UNCONSCIOUS

Why do we laugh? The answer, argued Freud in this groundbreaking study of humor, is that jokes, like dreams, satisfy our unconscious desires. The Joke and Its Relation to the Unconscious explains how jokes provide immense pleasure by releasing us from our inhibitions and allowing us to express sexual, aggressive, playful, or cynical instincts that would otherwise remain hidden. In elaborating this theory, Freud brings together a rich collection of puns, witticisms, one-liners, and anecdotes, which, as Freud shows, are a method of giving ourselves away.

47Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Tue Jan 22 2019, 15:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

48Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Mon Jan 28 2019, 13:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a tricky dream to evaluate.

I woke up one morning, and every man in the world talked like Henry Cooper. Except me.

I was in a quandary. Do I fake it, in an effort to blend in, or should I embrace my difference,

risking persecution and scorn?

49Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Fri Sep 20 2019, 12:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was with Nigel Farage last night in my dream. He took me to his favourite fish bar and treated me to fish and chips. We then went back to his house and met up with a friend of his. 

That’s all I remember!

50Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Fri Sep 20 2019, 12:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My dreams are to have a zen garden and own a delorean. 

Neither things I will ever be able to afford.

51Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Fri Sep 20 2019, 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Was with Nigel Farage last night in my dream. He took me to his favourite fish bar and treated me to fish and chips. We then went back to his house and met up with a friend of his. 

That’s all I remember!
A threesome with Nigel, KP and a 'friend' of Nigel's. Good job you can't remember anything. Shocked

52Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Fri Sep 20 2019, 13:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Was with Nigel Farage last night in my dream. He took me to his favourite fish bar and treated me to fish and chips. We then went back to his house and met up with a friend of his. 

That’s all I remember!

Dreams not nightmares!

53Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Thu Jun 04 2020, 09:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a corker last night. I was trying to strangle Acker Bilk with a scarf, as my brother tried valiantly to subdue me. Suddenly, Bilk is hunting me down in a canoe, and I'm rowing furiously just yards ahead of him in a much slower rowing boat. He's gaining on me fast.
As he reaches my stern, he whips out his clarinet and starts playing Stranger On The Shore, but at breakneck speed.
I start shouting for help in an empty ocean, but to no avail. At this point I woke up.
What does it all mean? I'm no fan of Mr Bilk, but I don't hate him.
I may have to delve further into this.

54Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Wed Jun 10 2020, 22:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had some sexual ones recently. Not sure if I've been dreaming of an ex girlfriend or not but good god it felt that real I woke up very pleasantly surprised!

55Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Wed Jun 10 2020, 22:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

i bet your missus was as well  Very Happy

56Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Thu Aug 13 2020, 13:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get this one. Acker Bilk wasn't involved this time though.
Couldn't sleep last night, so about 2am I went downstairs, where it was a lot cooler, and fell asleep in a chair. I slept for about two hours, during which the dream occurred. It's short and sweet.

I'm being chased along Blackpool front by Gladstone Small. He's in full cricket whites, and a sleeveless pullover. I have, under my arm, what appears to be a shoebox.

That's it. No idea what it all means.

57Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Thu Aug 13 2020, 13:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You clearly stole his new slippers.

58Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Thu Aug 13 2020, 14:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:You clearly stole his new slippers.
That's good, but I'm not buying it. And why Gladstone Small? I wouldn't dream of stealing his slippers. I don't even like Blackpool.
It could be a sign, if I could just decode it.
It's so frustrating. Millions of beautiful women in the world, and I'm being chased by Gladstone Small.

59Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Thu Aug 13 2020, 14:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you have his neck in the box?

60Do You Remember Your Dreams? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Remember Your Dreams? Thu Aug 13 2020, 14:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Did you have his neck in the box?
I always thought he looked asthmatic, but it was his lack of neck that made his shoulders look high. Great player though.
What is in the box? Hopefully, I might have a sequel tonight. Rarely happens though.
Apparently, you only dream when in a light sleep.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum