Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie: ''The players from about the 66th minute never gave in''

+7
chipbutty
rammywhite
doffcocker
scottjames30
kennster
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No doubt all the managers who lost yesterday absolutely lambasted and shamed their players publicly while Dougie said this.

oh wait they didn't.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No doubt all the managers who lost yesterday absolutely lambasted and shamed their players publicly while Dougie said this.

oh wait they didn't.
It's not about lambasting (I like that word, I'm going to use it today) the players, it's about acknowledging the fact we were poor and things have to improve.

In my opinion this sort of post-match analysis just aggravates fans even more.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No doubt all the managers who lost yesterday absolutely lambasted and shamed their players publicly while Dougie said this.

oh wait they didn't.
I'd bet the most successful manager in recent years who recently retired would have been highly critical of a performance like that. Maybe that's one of the reasons he was successful.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dougie was coming out with pathetic excuses before the match saying Forest spend too much, gave our players a reason to produce that pathetic performance.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How many of you go to watch Bolton play for 24 minutes?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:Dougie was coming out with pathetic excuses before the match saying Forest spend too much, gave our players a reason to produce that pathetic performance.
what absolute crap.

and again, "pathetic performance" It wasn't great or anything but we lost because of two defensive lapses and a red card.

that was the difference.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:

oh wait they didn't.
I'd bet the most successful manager in recent years who recently retired would have been highly critical of a performance like that. Maybe that's one of the reasons he was successful.
It still amazes me that people think a post match blurb is the difference between success and failure.

Natasha Whittam wrote:it's about acknowledging the fact we were poor and things have to improve.
“The players from about the 66th minute never gave in and kept on trying to do the right thing. It is Nottingham Forest’s day and we now have to move on. "

The players before the 66th minute weren't doing the right things and were therefore poor. 

He did say it, not that it makes a blind bit of difference. What he says to the press is irrelevant.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's all managment patter .....  nonsense for the most part.

Imagine what Brian Clough or Fergie would say after a performance like that...

Anybody see the Palace game....Villa game..... Swansea ....  you would be proud of your team after those efforts even though 2 of them lost.....what efforts put in.

I think most of us would accept loss with efforts like that.

terenceanne wrote:It's all managment patter .....  nonsense for the most part.

Imagine what Brian Clough or Fergie would say after a performance like that...

Anybody see the Palace game....Villa game..... Swansea ....  you would be proud of your team after those efforts even though 2 of them lost.....what efforts put in.

I think most of us would accept loss with efforts like that.
Can't speak for Clough as he was before my time, but Fergie never blasted his players in public behind closed doors he would but not once did he come out in the press and do it. One simple reason, it helps nobody.

You're right that it's complete nonsense post match interviews, it amazes me that fans think they have a clue what the manager says to the players based on what they've said in the press. Very naive.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You're right that it's complete nonsense post match interviews, it amazes me that fans think they have a clue what the manager says to the players based on what they've said in the press. Very naive.
I'm pretty sure you're someone from within the club.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're someone from within the club.
It's more common sense to be honest.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No it's not, you're basically saying it's acceptable for the manager to lie.

Just because you presume Freedman is bollocking the players behind closed doors, you don't know that for a fact. For all we know, he might believe every word he spouts after a game.

The fans need to know the manager sees what they do.

Natasha Whittam wrote:No it's not, you're basically saying it's acceptable for the manager to lie.

Just because you presume Freedman is bollocking the players behind closed doors, you don't know that for a fact. For all we know, he might believe every word he spouts after a game.

The fans need to know the manager sees what they do.
Where has he lied?

I much prefer a manager to reserve bollockings for behind closed doors, there's no need to publicly shame players as it achieves nothing except satisfy the morons amongst our fans.

Getting wound up over a post match interview is stupid IMO, as they don't reflect what's said in the dressing room, it's a PR stunt.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

remember Souness when he was at newcastle, he publicly slammed a couple of the players and he was a fucking disaster, all the players hated him and some even spoke "out of turn" so to speak.

If things got bad enough i suspect dougie is the kind of man who would drop a hint publicly but after 3 games i reckon we're probably not there yet.

maybe after 20 games and we've lost all of them 0-5.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think it would have hurt for Dougie to say that the performance on Saturday was disappointing without slamming certain players to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum